Unoffical Spurs Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

5 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

Spurs to beat Chelsea and Arsenal that would go down well

It would wouldn't it.  United could also throw the cat amongst the pigeons beating Liverpool on the same day City play Chelsea in the Carabao final.

Funny and true, all the journalists which match that day was the most important and they all day, "without a doubt, United/Liverpool"    If the Carabao is deemed that irrelevant maybe it times to bin it and reduce the ridiculous fixture congestion?  Just a thought.....

7 minutes ago, carmine said:

It would wouldn't it.  United could also throw the cat amongst the pigeons beating Liverpool on the same day City play Chelsea in the Carabao final.

Funny and true, all the journalists which match that day was the most important and they all day, "without a doubt, United/Liverpool"    If the Carabao is deemed that irrelevant maybe it times to bin it and reduce the ridiculous fixture congestion?  Just a thought.....

We might just well do that just for the hell of it

6 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

We might just well do that just for the hell of it

Well City must have that game earmarked as possibly three points dropped by Liverpool.  We also know derbies make for a good leveler, despite form and ability.  

We're just grinding out the wins now!!A very good night for us. # its and itch beat Chelsea.  We now have a lovely cushion.

Funny though, if you hadn't watched the game and merely listened to the pundits you would think we had lost.  I think the current crop of pundits are the worst i have ever experienced.

Bullshit pundits aside, Its possible we will have Kane and Dele back for the game at Burnley.

Edited by carmine

Thought we were v  lucky.. they came with a plan.. NOT the boring rafa style 10 behind the ball but with a freshness and  positivty that was enjoyable to watch had barnes and gray been slightly more controlled in their finishing they would have walked with the 3 points frankly they deserved.

BUT things are what they are and we walked happily with another v v valuable 3 points

However this was a decent result but a  poor performance.. and talkin of shockers.. referee  <deleted>   !!!

Next up the BIG one.. .. gut reaction THAT team AT cl level will be found out..   maybe  toby to start  and 'settle/shore that back line.. we'll see

Injuries relating to Dortmund fixture; Kane, Dele, Dier, Lamela, Davies and possibly Rose.

The Rose situation being significant. Might mean playing Vertonghen as a wing back?

Anyway, after this fixture we have some time off finally, ten days off till we play at Burnley.

4 hours ago, carmine said:

Injuries relating to Dortmund fixture; Kane, Dele, Dier, Lamela, Davies and possibly Rose.

The Rose situation being significant. Might mean playing Vertonghen as a wing back?

Anyway, after this fixture we have some time off finally, ten days off till we play at Burnley.

A massive game this tonight which I'll sadly miss....hopefully I will arrive in kangaroo land to find we have a goal or two cushion to work with.

Be good to see some who are boycotting Wembley turn up and fill the stadium tonight but we'll see.

6 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

A massive game this tonight which I'll sadly miss....hopefully I will arrive in kangaroo land to find we have a goal or two cushion to work with.

Be good to see some who are boycotting Wembley turn up and fill the stadium tonight but we'll see.

I understand the reasons for boycotting but it ain't helping the team at a pivotal time of the season.  Dortmund was the toughest draw we could get, then throw in the injuries and its clear it will be a phenomenal achievement getting through to the next round.

2 minutes ago, carmine said:

I understand the reasons for boycotting but it ain't helping the team at a pivotal time of the season.  Dortmund was the toughest draw we could get, then throw in the injuries and its clear it will be a phenomenal achievement getting through to the next round.

The crazy thing is many of them are meeting in two or three pubs not that far from Wembley each home game.

Its a crazy situation and a lot of them are our most vocal and loyal support over many years.

A sad situation imho.

31 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

The crazy thing is many of them are meeting in two or three pubs not that far from Wembley each home game.

Its a crazy situation and a lot of them are our most vocal and loyal support over many years.

A sad situation imho.

Well Levy should get the <deleted> stadium open then!!  Could this season get any harder?  It's been bad enough without us making even harder.  It started off bad enough right from the start of the season with half our first team missing through playing in the world cup final stages!  Never improved from there!!

Edited by carmine
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, balo said:

If we lose tonight, I'm not gonna cry, I just want to see a good performance with the players we got.

Typical spurs comment. 

This translates to other football fans as:

I expect to lose but if we perform well im happy.

If only iversen had played for liverpool or you'd been a fan of left backs.

• Confused 1

First half was very tight.  Dortmund looked dangerous.  So, what did Poch say at half time?

Second half we were nothing short of magnificent. Absolutely outstanding.  Any other team in the CL will be taking note of that because we were simply unstoppable.  Vertonghen used deplored as a left sided wingback and responded with a man of the match performance but i think that Juan Foyth came a close second.  Sonny is starting to show glimpses of becoming world class and in Davinson Sanchez next to Foyth we are already set post Toby.  I won't accept that we are through yet but we certainly have one foot in.

Toby was his usual imperious self but if he wants a move at the end of the season he can go, we no longer need him.

Five on the bounce for the Harry Kane Team and a much needed ten days rest. 

1 minute ago, Kadilo said:

Credit where it’s due that was a tactical masterclass and some exceptional individual performances. 

Once again Poch showed why he is one of the best and will continue to be linked with the likes of Madrid and United. 

Stop wasting your time reading these links, he's going nowhere ????

Just now, Rc2702 said:

You just never know these argies are impulsive sometimes and another semi final exit could tip the scales. 

Until he is ungagged and says it publicly then speculation will continue. 

He is an exceptional manager and will inevitably be linked with the biggest and best.