Unoffical Spurs Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

1 hour ago, jellydog said:

Maybe you have Argentina mixed up with Chile! But understandable given your background as a poor and uneducated sheep humper!:smile:

Us essential workers can turn up anywhere these days and remember I know you have a tab at the local bar....it might end very badly for ya.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, jellydog said:

Bale returning? What do you think Ronnie? Will you welcome the turncoat back?

Turncoat ...really,.  att We got a world record fee for him... And EXTREMELY hapi to have bac a player that won the european cup for his current employees... and Hopefully Jose will apply a little common sense unlike his recent manager's and play him primarily the lhs.. where he became a WORLD CLASS ACT..

2 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Daily Fail reporting it as done.

Anyway what's the gen on this left back?...A huge improvement on Davies??

Played REAlly well in Seville's Europa lge games and in the final... Wasn't but had a  decent shout for mom. him being their go to out  and when Milan sat deep  was capable of  playing effectively further up the park...

And wouldn't surprise me to see Davies shifted into lhs cb... As a pairing  It's a possible  and as  a bac 3 a certainty

Edited by 3 minus 2

43 minutes ago, jellydog said:

I always thought it was <deleted>ty the way Bale skulked out of Spurs for Madrid, but he'll be a great addition for the EPL. Too bad it has to be for a team managed by the Special Turd.

He'll be playing him at left back.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, jellydog said:

I always thought it was <deleted>ty the way Bale skulked out of Spurs for Madrid, but he'll be a great addition for the EPL. Too bad it has to be for a team managed by the Special Turd.

Skulked out of spurs..can't really see that he went with the clubs blessing and . For a world record fee and to arguably the biggest football club on the planet who seemingly had  courted him for a number of years..and what EVERYBODY. Including the media,  is forgetting there was att of the deal  an agreement, we'd have first refusal if he came on the market... Which it seems were gonna take.. so perhaps when you troll on other clubs threads have enuf common sense to at least know what your talking about... and when your cheque book Charlie manager finally introduces a youth team player as a regular starter.. holler loudly. Cos it'll be a first. And i'll  lay money it'll mark his demise..  guardiola = NO MONEY=  No good and if you think he's about to replace Silva with Billy no brains foden DREAM on.. not a chance in hell.

Edited by 3 minus 2
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, balo said:

Bale will not make the team weaker, that's for sure.  Looking forward to see him and Sergio Reguilon together.  But will Mourinho change the system? 

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12073455/gareth-bale-and-sergio-reguilon-could-change-tottenhams-system

I think the obvious answer and PROBABLY the right one is that It'll give him options

Sitting happily with these 2 signings.. jose's 3 parts rebuilt the lhs of our squad.and given it a far better balance . something that poch should have done  and at a push Jose can push Davies into the center and bench diet.. who frankly is going from bad to worse...or he could do the thing that's really neede and buy a decent left footed center bac.. the eastern European that was mentioned earlier in the window sounds the part.. but hey ,    semantics ...think Jose and levy are on the same page and both know a CF is URGENTLY needed ... still a way to go in the window so  we'll c.

Edited by 3 minus 2

On 9/17/2020 at 8:31 PM, jellydog said:

Can you elaborate on what the word skulked means plse.

6 hours ago, Jack Hna said:

The manager at Stoke park golf club is buzzing that's for sure. Interesting to see if bale can still perform at the level he reached prior to joining Madrid.

I very much doubt anyone is expecting him to perform at the same level as he did seven years ago and if he did it would be some kind of miracle, he is 31 Years old for christ sake, do you not know that when an athlete gets older in years his speed, power, strength etc start dimishing ? and if he was playing at the same level we wouldn't be getting him on a free.

Edited by Herewe

I think Bale is a great signing and at 31 he is not past his best; he has had a couple of years without much game time. If the RM LB comes too it will be interesting to see where Bale plays. Wide on the right maybe with Bergwijn on the left? Son and Lucas as alternates/back up. Still need cover for Kane, in my view.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, champers said:

I think Bale is a great signing and at 31 he is not past his best; he has had a couple of years without much game time. If the RM LB comes too it will be interesting to see where Bale plays. Wide on the right maybe with Bergwijn on the left? Son and Lucas as alternates/back up. Still need cover for Kane, in my view.

If the RM LB comes has nothing to do with where Bale will play, don't think Bale he ever played LB for RM and spent most of his time wide right. Son will be playing before Bergwijn as he scores more goals. As for needing cover for Kane, well theres nothing like stating the obvious.

14 hours ago, Herewe said:

I very much doubt anyone is expecting him to perform at the same level as he did seven years ago and if he did it would be some kind of miracle, he is 31 Years old for christ sake, do you not know that when an athlete gets older in years his speed, power, strength etc start dimishing ? and if he was playing at the same level we wouldn't be getting him on a free.

He,s already ruled out for a month with a knee injury...then he needs match fitness...should be ready for the christmas games though...barring injury of course :unsure: