Forum maintenance tonight from approx. 11pm - 1.30am ×

Unoffical Spurs Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

25 minutes ago, 3 minus 2 said:

I was wishing the above all lockdown    and If the aboves anywhere near true.. BAD move by levy.. Watkins 100% dead cert that in 18mnths or sooner he  would have let us cash in on harry kane..... And now we've paid 5 mil for a loan and IF he  can produce in English footie  ... A further 40mil... Sometimes Mr levy penny pinching costs...

You will never get a penny over 75m for kane now. Lost half his value already. He will not be sold for 3 years minimum.

5 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Why would we sell an irreplaceable striker?

You'e living in the past.

Because it's business ronnie... And it's approaching the time to sell ... And besides it's footie EVERYONE with plannings replaceable and players peak and fade,and should be moved on when the monies and times  right for the team/club ..  that's the way it works.. ..and we should be planning.

And jack, Ronnie and I had a very similar conversation about kane,as I'm having with you now about Watkins   how many years ago ronnie?   And the reason why I  rate this kid Is that IMO   he's the best young English 9 if not player  thats come out of the lower leagues for the last????...... decade?  .. he's got the lot,   pace touch power and the biggest of them all HE CAN FINISH.. And he's a bright lad to boot.

Edited by 3 minus 2

6 hours ago, 3 minus 2 said:

Because it's business ronnie... And it's approaching the time to sell ... And besides it's footie EVERYONE with plannings replaceable and players peak and fade,and should be moved on when the monies and times  right for the team/club ..  that's the way it works.. ..and we should be planning.

And jack, Ronnie and I had a very similar conversation about kane,as I'm having with you now about Watkins   how many years ago ronnie?   And the reason why I  rate this kid Is that IMO   he's the best young English 9 if not player  thats come out of the lower leagues for the last????...... decade?  .. he's got the lot,   pace touch power and the biggest of them all HE CAN FINISH.. And he's a bright lad to boot.

So let's just take stock of what you are saying.

Prepare to sell harry kane who has been your best player for 5 years. His value has gone from 150 to 75 due to covid and now you think Spurs should buy this potential 1 game wonder from villa for let's say 35m for arguments sake.

You high or something?

Yaba daba 3 minus 2

1 hour ago, Jack Hna said:

So let's just take stock of what you are saying.

Prepare to sell harry kane who has been your best player for 5 years. His value has gone from 150 to 75 due to covid and now you think Spurs should buy this potential 1 game wonder from villa for let's say 35m for arguments sake.

You high or something?

Yaba daba 3 minus 2

No  that your interpretation of what I'm Sayin   HUGE DIFERENCE. EVERY player gets sold..EVERY club sells players.. what I was saying is that IF we'd signed Watkins, in a year maybe 2 he would have been ready to take Kane's spot.. if you knew much about footie baring the prem, Watkins has worked his way throught  ALL the divisions and EXCELLED at EVERY level non league loans,  young EFL player of the year at Exeter .. following deli Ali and a few others, divisions   top scorer in his first full season in the championship.  100% He's a class act    atm in the event of kane wanting to move or levy wanting to cash in. Either or or both 2 gether, IMO There's not a particularly great plan for a replacement.. an ex Brazilian center back.. whose cost us 5 mil for the season, who perhaps will succeed or maybe not... Watkins would have been a better plan b   but We'll see 

Edited by 3 minus 2

1 hour ago, 3 minus 2 said:

No  that your interpretation of what I'm Sayin   HUGE DIFERENCE. EVERY player gets sold..EVERY club sells players.. what I was saying is that IF we'd signed Watkins, in a year maybe 2 he would have been ready to take Kane's spot.. if you knew much about footie baring the prem, Watkins has worked his way throught  ALL the divisions and EXCELLED at EVERY level non league loans,  young EFL player of the year at Exeter .. following deli Ali and a few others, divisions   top scorer in his first full season in the championship.  100% He's a class act    atm in the event of kane wanting to move or levy wanting to cash in. Either or or both 2 gether, IMO There's not a particularly great plan for a replacement.. an ex Brazilian center back.. whose cost us 5 mil for the season, who perhaps will succeed or maybe not... Watkins would have been a better plan b   but We'll see 

Dele alli is an awful example. Your overlooking the big time factor. Players change when they get to that level. Perfect example dele alli. Great player when he was trying to establish himself and we all tried to overlook the mis haps but the truth is he cannot and now he's better known for saying stupid things online than he is for his football ability. Kane is the polar opposite and a real role model for sport. That is not easily replaceable and yet he's a machine for goals too. Watkins is 25 he's got loads to get done and little time to do it and the big time pressure is two years away providing he can get to that stage. 

39 minutes ago, Jack Hna said:

Dele alli is an awful example. Your overlooking the big time factor. Players change when they get to that level. Perfect example dele alli. Great player when he was trying to establish himself and we all tried to overlook the mis haps but the truth is he cannot and now he's better known for saying stupid things online than he is for his football ability. Kane is the polar opposite and a real role model for sport. That is not easily replaceable and yet he's a machine for goals too. Watkins is 25 he's got loads to get done and little time to do it and the big time pressure is two years away providing he can get to that stage.

What mishaps? There hasn't been any...and to say he's better known 4 sayin stupid things .... Is just plain NONSENCE ... 4 the first two ish season Ali was next to  unplayable, poch 'jiggled' the formation and got the best out of him ,Jose ain't so flexible... However doesn't take the FACT away that he CAN perform at the highest level and as 4  failng .. he ain't failed.. he's just slack at defending and THAT you can't be playin for jose...tbh. Around the box there's few players that I would rather have...when Kane was injured Ali played as a no 9... It ain't his position  he wasn't great and got injured doin so.. he took one for the team NOW he's a failure.. get a grip your talking RUBBISH buying gutter press <deleted> for the stupid and  gullible.

As for watkins.. I just think he's a better plan b than what we've got in place, kane career never kicked of until 2015..like kane Ollie's done his time in the lower.lgs and IS ready for the step up...atm i'de say he was short of the England squad... But it won't b long b4 he's ready.. and mark my words HE WILL BE READY.

Yeah bizarre final 15 mins.. game of 2 halfs. Ours, the first and TOTALLY theirs the 2nd .. whs pressure was building early doors, 2nd half, and a worldie from lanzine...great finish  but  down to winksy, HIS job was to chase the ball down and failed to get there ,   muscled and out of the challenge,, which is why he'll be 2nd string for joses teams... He just ain't big/muscly enuf.  Anyway jeez ..I thought pleat was creepy... Moyes is up there challenging..  oh and Sanchez fucs up

,,,,again... football sum times!!!!   bale makes his name on the lhs and is PROVEN world class there .. so Jose plays him down the RHS.. ok.. until he then  brings lucus on   plays best  down the RHS and he put him on the lhs..
football  seems to make things complicated  when as someone once said its a simple game.. anyways with our cdfs constantly <deleted>in up., 3 ax the bac could work..but leave us short in the middle... Conundrum...

'Form is temporary Spursyness is permanent'. Saw that and thought it strangely inappropriate given the Prems  season so far.... From sinking 6 past utd at old Trafford down to swallowing 3 in 15 mins v ... The perennial b leaguer's West ham.. this season it's just BIZARRE...

On 10/18/2020 at 9:17 PM, 3 minus 2 said:

Yeah bizarre final 15 mins.. game of 2 halfs. Ours, the first and TOTALLY theirs the 2nd .. whs pressure was building early doors, 2nd half, and a worldie from lanzine...great finish  but  down to winksy, HIS job was to chase the ball down and failed to get there ,   muscled and out of the challenge,, which is why he'll be 2nd string for joses teams... He just ain't big/muscly enuf.  Anyway jeez ..I thought pleat was creepy... Moyes is up there challenging..  oh and Sanchez fucs up

,,,,again... football sum times!!!!   bale makes his name on the lhs and is PROVEN world class there .. so Jose plays him down the RHS.. ok.. until he then  brings lucus on   plays best  down the RHS and he put him on the lhs..
football  seems to make things complicated  when as someone once said its a simple game.. anyways with our cdfs constantly <deleted>in up., 3 ax the bac could work..but leave us short in the middle... Conundrum...

Just had opportunity to reply. 

Luckily for us, your team backed off second half and let us back in the game. Bit of smugness I think. Rice said post match he couldn’t believe how much more room we had. Add to that your <deleted> defending ( and ours) and Mourinhos substitutions. 

Bale was certainly a game changer! The sitter he missed would have won the game. 

As for Moyes, agreed, there’s a gene missing there somewhere. 

5 hours ago, Kadilo said:

Luckily for us, your team backed off second half and let us back in the game. Bit of smugness I think. Rice said post match he couldn’t believe how much more room we had. Add to that your <deleted> defending ( and ours) and Mourinhos substitutions. 

Bale was certainly a game changer! The sitter he missed would have won the game. 

Yeah bale missed a sitter.. but the point really was the ease that he got himself into that position. Even after ??? months of little or no competative footie he can get into those positions.. once he's fit.. don't think he'll be missing many of those.

Yeah. Jose's subs wernt the greatest... Surprising for him .. he's normally over cautious.. but heyb4 sure .. he's on a learnin curve when it comes to our defenders.. he sussed rose and Verity out quick enuf and got rid.. Tbh I'm surprised he gave Toby a new contract.he is scarily slow and the rest, diet.sanchez HE will sus and I've no doubt look to replace. Every game either or screws up and it's costing 

But our forward line ....Son. Kane bale.. with lucus and bergwijn bac up... Don't think many back lines  will fancy their front line pushing up and having to deal with those on the break...it certainly has that WOW factor.. just a shame about our defence.. given our abundance of ordinary Ness in c d  think 3 ax the bac would work but cautious Jose like 2 holders in  mid and that wouldn't work with our front line... But hey atm it looks a decent problem for him to have...  As forwest ham.. as much as it goes against my historical grain to praise moyes.. he has got you playing disciplined compact football.. it'll never challenge the status quo.. however it'll keep u in the prem and with a few decent results along the way .. but when I see lanzine do that.. I'm lookin bac and thinking  wow your prev manager was putting together SOME  team.. such a shame he <deleted> up with that keeper..

Edited by wilai
profanity amended

4 hours ago, Kadilo said:

Yeah bale missed a sitter.. but the point really was the ease that he got himself into that position. Even after ??? months of little or no competative footie he can get into those positions.. once he's fit.. don't think he'll be missing many of those

Son. Kane bale.. with lucus and bergwijn bac up... Sticl

Well pretty much a 2nd 11 tonight. SO pleased Jose given  Davies a shot at lhs center bac. He ain't 6 5 however he is a left footer and he's played there enuf times for wales... Just realized .. I'm sort of putting bale in the second 11!!!!

HAPPY DAYS????

I'm Harkin on bout it ... But it s annoying the hell od havin to check in and go on his right...<deleted>. jose...    Barrin that I'm seeing  v little good about Dou t  of me  I see bale on the RHS havin to check in and go on his left. And lucus playin on the lhs anherty atm. No pace average to good rhs fullbac/defender ...worth his place atm ?  Just, but only just.. reminds me a little of corluka...Vinny making his debut.  ko's with  Two assists. Lovely little cushioned header to set up son. So a decent start... Pressure of for him.. solid display from Hart and surprisingly v decent distribution with his feet. So 3.0 a.decent enuf score but should have been more  to reflect. a HUGE gulf in class.

Edited by wilai
profanity amended

7 hours ago, 3 minus 2 said:

I'm Harkin on bout it ... But it s annoying the hell out of me   I'm seeing lucus naturally RHS player  playing on the left  havin to check in and go on his right ànd seeing bale a naturally lhs player playing on the right having to check in and play on his left......it's like they have to stop and losing  advantage they have...<deleted>. jose..

And I'm . Seeing very little good about Doherty atm . No pace average to good rhs fullbac/defender perhaps more suited 2b a center bac?  ...worth his place atm ?  Just, but only just.. reminds me a little of corluka but not so good with his feet ..  .Vinny making his debut.  ko's with  Two assists. Lovely little cushioned header to set up son. So a decent start... Pressure of for him.. solid display from Hart and surprisingly v decent distribution with his feet. So 3.0 a.decent enuf score but should have been more  to reflect. a HUGE gulf in class.

Edited 2 make sence !!!