Nissan Almera – Any one know where these parts are ?

MrScratch

I want to change the Transmission oil ( auto Gear oil )  and filter on a 1.2 cc Nissan Almera Auto N17 year 2012 .

Has any one done this , if so can some one please tell me where the Transmission oil dip stick is situated , and the filter assembly. I have trawled the internet but cannot find the info for this car .

I have inquired at a Nissan service shop and they are quoting a crazy 6,000 Baht + .

Thanks

Doesn't the Almera have a "sealed for life" transmission, no dipstick, no user replaceable filter?

Do you actually have a reason to change the fluid (performance issue)? Or is it just a feeling?

It,s a CVT transmission and the fluid should be checked at regular service intervals via the cars management control system which can tell the condition of the fluid,I don,t believe there is a set mileage mileage for this.......google changing CVT transmission fluid change or try a Bosch service centre for prices :thumbsup:

The price quoted may be for the premium transmission oil required for CVT transmissions. I understand scheduled transmission oil changes is particularly critical for CVT's due to their tight tolerances, and replacement of a failed CVT is a very expensive exercise.

Sorry to bring bad news; however, in the words of John Cadogan, a sometimes irritating but knowledgeable Australian auto writer " Nissan have done an awesome job in convincing car buyers CVT's are shit".

The Nissan (Jatco) CVT on our weee Suzy states change the oil at 60kkm but if trans is used hard that comes down to 30kkm. I went to Suzuki main agent to change the fluid with genuine Suzy labelled fluid. Think it only took about 3 litres and it took a few minutes and didn't cost a fortune...

23 hours ago, Lacessit said:

The price quoted may be for the premium transmission oil required for CVT transmissions. I understand scheduled transmission oil changes is particularly critical for CVT's due to their tight tolerances, and replacement of a failed CVT is a very expensive exercise.

Sorry to bring bad news; however, in the words of John Cadogan, a sometimes irritating but knowledgeable Australian auto writer " Nissan have done an awesome job in convincing car buyers CVT's are shit".

I,m on my 3rd Nissan with cvt boxes and done nearly 200,000 kms without ANY problems......my current 2016 Sylphy 1.6 is giving me fuel economy of around 19 kms/litre on my monthly return trips down to Trang 946 kms drive from Pattaya.....excellent performance thanks to CVT :thumbsup:

Thanks Guy's :thumbsup:

I asked my Thai wife to telephone the Nissan service outlet and ask about changing the Transmission oil and filter ( The Nissan service lady called it change the gear oil and filter )

According to the official Nissan service outlet , the changing of the Transmission oil and filter is listed under the cars 80,000 Km , service period.

I have looked in the Nissan owners service hand book that came with the car and the changing of the Transmission oil and filter are not shown in any service option , including the 100,000 Km period.

The reason I am asking about changing the Transmission oil and filter , is because of auto transmission problems I have had in the past with other makes of vehicle , and those past problems seemed to be related to not / never changing the Transmission oil and filter .

The parts involved in changing the Transmission oil and filter are....

Nissan CVT Fluid ( Cost from Lazada – 1,650.00 Baht )

Nissan CVT fluid filter and O ring - ( Cost from Lazada – 495 Baht )

Its strange that there seems no sign of changing the Transmission oil and filter , in the Nissan Almera’s owner manual and service scheduled , and any where on the internet .

And I still can’t find any reference to changing the Transmission oil and filter on youtube .

As far as I know this car came with a 5 year manufactures warranty and as the car is now

over 6 years old , ( 81,000.00 Km ) there is now no need to carry on using an official Nissan service outlet / genuine Nissan parts , or have I got that wrong ? ????

Nissan CVT Fluid.png

Nissan.CVT.png

2 hours ago, petermik said:

3 year warranty or 100,000 kms :thumbsup:

So Have I got this right ........... if I want to keep the current 100,000kms manufactures warranty valid , I have to continue to have the vehicle serviced at an official Nissan dealership .

Looking at the service record book for the vehicle , all the past service periods have been completed at a Nissan dealership , the only 2 blank pages left in the service record book are the 80,000kms and the 100,000kms periods.

So that means to keep the manufactures 100, 000 kms warranty intact for the next 19,000kms

I have to continue to have the vehicle serviced an an official Nissan dealership , or loose the remaining warranty period.

I have looked through the Nissan Almera's owners manual , but can't see just what would be included in the warranty , right up to the 100,000 kms period, any one know ?

20 hours ago, MrScratch said:

So Have I got this right ........... if I want to keep the current 100,000kms manufactures warranty valid , I have to continue to have the vehicle serviced at an official Nissan dealership .

Looking at the service record book for the vehicle , all the past service periods have been completed at a Nissan dealership , the only 2 blank pages left in the service record book are the 80,000kms and the 100,000kms periods.

So that means to keep the manufactures 100, 000 kms warranty intact for the next 19,000kms

I have to continue to have the vehicle serviced an an official Nissan dealership , or loose the remaining warranty period.

I have looked through the Nissan Almera's owners manual , but can't see just what would be included in the warranty , right up to the 100,000 kms period, any one know ?

The warranty is 3 years OR 100,000 kms whichever comes FIRST.....as you state your car is 6 years old it,s now out of warranty OK?

Under the terms of Nissan,s warranty the car HAS to be serviced by Nissan every 6 months or 10,000 kms whichever comes first......try a Bosch service station for price if there is one local to you for the CVT oil/filter change before you DIY :thumbsup:

Archived