Help with Green book transfer

I bought a bike in Pattaya and the seller kindly went with me to the LTO to do the transfer. I have a yellow book address registered in Kalasin province. Everything went fine until we got to the transfer desk after having paid the transfer. The guy said I have to go to immigration and get proof of address. I assume residence certificate in Pattaya, or maybe I need immigration to just issue certificate of residence using my yellow book in Kalasin?  I was under the impression I could do the transfer to my name here and then at some time register the bike in Kalasin.

So, is there any option I have to transfer the bike into my name here in Pattaya? Can I pay one of the service providers to do it? Can I transfer it into my Thai GF name here easier? Her address is also registered in Kalasin.

I rent a condo here in Pattaya, in the GF name for ease. Landlord is easy going and I am sure would assist with a workaround, but I'm trying to find the easiest option. Happy to pay for it.

Could I just stay 1 night in a hotel, would cover me registering at immigration which I have not, and then go to immigration to get proof of address in Pattaya. 

All options considered. Thanks.

Just now, rhodie said:

Not sure, but how do I get a TM30? Stay 1 night in a hotel?

I was thinking more about your current condo situation under the GF name as if she did the TM30 for you, providing pattaya accept this format, then would that be counted as a proof of address? My Mrs does mine and we rent. 

Just now, Rc2702 said:

I was thinking more about your current condo situation under the GF name as if she did the TM30 for you, providing pattaya accept this format, then would that be counted as a proof of address? My Mrs does mine and we rent. 

OK, thanks Rc, understood. We could head to immigration on Monday and say I we were up in Kalasin and here now. Will she need a proper lease? Has a receipt with all details? Will she need copy of falang owners ID etc?

17 minutes ago, rhodie said:

OK, thanks Rc, understood. We could head to immigration on Monday and say I we were up in Kalasin and here now. Will she need a proper lease? Has a receipt with all details? Will she need copy of falang owners ID etc?

My Mrs is on this and she reckons if you have a signed transfer declaration from the seller and a copy or photo of the owners ID then you could go to kalasin LTO and for ease of process. Stick it in her name. If not then you may have to solve your TM30 matter first if you are not reporting.

1 hour ago, ehs818 said:

I used an agent the last time I had something difficult to do at the LTO. Give her a call and explain the problem.  In Pattaya, located at the LTO is Vicky or Boo.  064-191-5767

Cheers. Will give them a go on Monday.

When I did it I just got a residence certificate fro Soi 5 Immigration. That said I don't think your GF needs one. You could transfer it to her and she could transfer it to you later.

On 12/8/2018 at 9:12 AM, Rc2702 said:

Is a TM30 not a proof of address?

Not for land transport transfer purposes. 

Thai not need this.

Can give you an agent name outside who is efficient and cheap. 

One hour for the car all done. 

Lim.

About 4 desks in, outside the coffe shop.

How do you report residents status?

Its still 300 donation at Jomtien immigration for a certificate of residence. 

Thanks for the replies. Decided to go to immigration and try to get the Certificate of Residence. It was pretty crowded there after the holiday yesterday and when I finally got to the front desk the IO thumbed through my passport looking for a TM30 slip. Gave me the doc for TM30 and CoR and a ticket for the TM30 queue. Filled in the forms as though I had arrived in Pattaya yesterday. The IO was happy and just asked my GF if this was my first trip to Pattaya with her. TM30 in 1 minute after a 2 hour wait in the queue. Had to get a number for the Certificate queue but told to come back after lunch. 

Things moved pretty quickly, but I needed to show and get a copy of the green book of the Motorbike I was buying. So pretty much a full day to do, but no problems really.

Just another quirk. TM30 desk accepted a copy of my reentry stamp in my passport which I was led to believe is my visa as that is the number I have to fill in on my TM6, but, the Certificate desk wanted me to copy the used visa. Same office, different requirements. :smile:

Archived