Trump calls Tillerson 'dumb as a rock' and 'lazy'

rooster59

4 hours ago, attrayant said:

This is the kind of deplorable statement that could only be uttered by somebody cowardly hiding behind the anonymity afforded by the internet.  You are deriving pleasure from watching the country split into two warring factions, and almost seem to be basking in the suffering of your fellow humans.  I suggest you seek professional help.

im not hiding my opinion here nor offline. 

Only suffering I hear is from keyboard whiners. best you find a good candidate

and gear up for 2020 ????

• Sad 2
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Redline said:

I can't wait until we hear the excuses...you must have a lot now, but I would begin to make a flow chart and a list now, before it becomes impossible.  Maybe Fox will come out with a "list of denials, alternative facts for the defense of our supreme leader, and They did so...."

"Golly gee, get the guns, there is an abortion ring at pizza shop"

nice! you mean like "What Happened".  Nah Im not into book length excuses

and media induced bitterness and despair.

If President Trump gets legally or even politically taken down, id give credit to that machine for being more adept. No whining for years for me. 

• Confused 1

Wow!

The following is not from a satirical, mocking talk show, nor a liberal-biased media news show.  If Ronnie Reagan were alive WashEx would be calling him a snowflake.

Want to avoid legal trouble? Start by not cheating on your wife and don't cavort with murderous strongmen or their lobbyists

by Washington Examiner, December 08, 2018
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/editorials/want-to-avoid-legal-trouble-start-by-not-cheating-on-your-wife-and-dont-cavort-with-murderous-strongmen-or-their-lobbyists

11 hours ago, Srinivas said:

nice! you mean like "What Happened".  Nah Im not into book length excuses

and media induced bitterness and despair.

If President Trump gets legally or even politically taken down, id give credit to that machine for being more adept. No whining for years for me. 

Right. Blame the machine, not Trump. No years of whining for you. Just a lifetime of denial.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Boon Mee said:

Well, Trump called it right. 

Tillerson was definitely not a team player nor very talented. 

Yes, the other fired "players" have been tooooo intelligent for him. Team playing impossible :w00t: .

Boon Mee, how much money do you receive for all your unsubstantiated comments concerning Trump and his cohorts?

• Haha 1

I give Tillerson a well deserved golf clap (and maybe even a wai).  He played this like a true Statesman with almost unlimited resources (intell and connections) should.  Beautifully.

He accepted the nomination, passed the tests, pull the plug on Exxon, retired with full Exxon pension/buyout tax free (because of the government appointment).  With his corporate intell, he knows full well, who and what his new "Boss" is.  Understands the rats nest and political porridge the "Boss" is creating.  Strategically pokes the new Boss a few times (but plays strictly by the rules).  Smiles knowing the exit strategy has payed out like a Bolshoi ballet...  Wicked...but (TR) Gump thinks otherwise

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, CanuckThai said:

I give Tillerson a well deserved golf clap (and maybe even a wai).  He played this like a true Statesman with almost unlimited resources (intell and connections) should.  Beautifully.

He accepted the nomination, passed the tests, pull the plug on Exxon, retired with full Exxon pension/buyout tax free (because of the government appointment).  With his corporate intell, he knows full well, who and what his new "Boss" is.  Understands the rats nest and political porridge the "Boss" is creating.  Strategically pokes the new Boss a few times (but plays strictly by the rules).  Smiles knowing the exit strategy has payed out like a Bolshoi ballet...  Wicked...but (TR) Gump thinks otherwise

Yup, fully agree. Tillerson, like most of the other competent cabinet members (most of whom have left or are leaving), was always about service to country to countervail the damage of a Trump, in spite of an idiot as boss. This is the same justification most Republicans are using in supporting Trump, is that they are supporting the party long enough to get some normalcy installed.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

Tillerson was a god awful Secretary of State. High level employees resigned in droves because of him. He refused to fill important positions. He made a shambles there. Which is what Trump and Steve Bannon wanted.  

I agree, that the optics didn't favor Tillerson.  I'm not defending, but it will be interesting, when a detailed (factual) version of events is released.   Is there a portfolio under the Trump administration, running on all cylinders and with happy campers?

Easy to bow out, with a deal like this:

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2018/3/13/17114558/rex-tillerson-secretary-of-state-tax