Examination of the degree certificate

Hi everyone!

I am an international candidate intending to work in phitsanulok. I was asked to send my degree certificate for verification and approval. I would like to know if this process is done in phitsanulok or Bangkok and if so how long does it take?. secondly, are there many people who speak english in phitsanulok and private  english schools. for my kids? 

I will appreciate you thorough response to my question this will help me to discern properly before taking up any appointment.

Thanks 

Kan

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

The certification of you degree would have to be done by your embassy or a government authority in your home country..

The emplyers said they needed to ask the authorities if the school I gratuaded from would be fine..they said thai govt can be picky about which schools they find valid because mine was on distance education in the US

7 minutes ago, Kandodo said:

The emplyers said they needed to ask the authorities if the school I gratuaded from would be fine..they said thai govt can be picky about which schools they find valid because mine was on distance education in the US

That would probably be for getting your teacher license or a waiver of it.

If you are from the states you can do an affidavit at the embassy stating it is true and correct. Info here: https://th.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/local-resources-of-u-s-citizens/notaries-public/authentication-vital-records/

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Kandodo said:

Does the degree trans or cert say it is by distance? If so, you have problems because they have a stick up their arse here regarding distance degrees. They haven't caught up with the rest of the modern world!

On a separate note, your spelling is terrible and is a poor indication of your suitability as a educator. Just saying.

The OP has not said they will be working as a teacher. They may be, or they may not be.

Verification of your degree? If it is a non teaching position they they will probably contact your university to ascertain that the degree is genuine. How long that will take will be down to your university.

My 11 year old son says there are English Schools here in P'lok. There is one I drive past that has English Programme on the sign at the gate..I could ask the wife the name when she is back from work...

There are not many fluent English speakers here, but you should get by OK many speak some.. my son is my translator when I get stuck!

1 hour ago, thequietman said:

Does the degree trans or cert say it is by distance? If so, you have problems because they have a stick up their arse here regarding distance degrees. They haven't caught up with the rest of the modern world!

On a separate note, your spelling is terrible and is a poor indication of your suitability as a educator. Just saying.

my degree does not indicate that it was attained via distance. do you think I stand a chance?

1 hour ago, thequietman said:

It may have been a very long distance?

????

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Kandodo said:

my degree does not indicate that it was attained via distance. do you think I stand a chance?

Yes, very much so. Adjust your resume to reflect the time studying, to indicate attendance there if possible. Alternatively, you can say that you attended at the weekends.

May I ask what institution in Phits as I live near there and may be able to advise regarding their treatment or lack of, regarding falang. ????

Edited by thequietman

1 hour ago, blackcab said:

The OP has not said they will be working as a teacher. They may be, or they may not be.

Verification of your degree? If it is a non teaching position they they will probably contact your university to ascertain that the degree is genuine. How long that will take will be down to your university.

The university will not respond to a third party. Privacy and all that.

4 minutes ago, thequietman said:

Yes, very much so. Adjust your resume to reflect the time studying, to indicate attendance there if possible. Alternatively, you can say that you attended at the weekends.

May I ask what institution in Phits as I live near there and may be able to advise regarding their treatment or lack of, regarding falang. ????

actually its  an English speaking church i will be pastoring at zion international church.

9 minutes ago, Kandodo said:

actually its  an English speaking church i will be pastoring at zion international church.

Can I assume that your degree is a religious based degree? If so, is it from an accredited institution or an accredited exempt institution? 

12 minutes ago, Kandodo said:

If the position is unpaid, you need to find out the status for this as you may not need a WP. Regarding qualifications for such an institution, I feel it is up to the institution itself. I suspect that you will be fine.

39 minutes ago, thequietman said:

If the position is unpaid, you need to find out the status for this as you may not need a WP. Regarding qualifications for such an institution, I feel it is up to the institution itself. I suspect that you will be fine.

Thank you very much you've been very helpful!

43 minutes ago, thequietman said:

Can I assume that your degree is a religious based degree? If so, is it from an accredited institution or an accredited exempt institution? 

Yes my degree is religious and fully accredited in US!