Phuket’s hotel and property players look north

rooster59

Phuket’s hotel and property players look north

By Bill Barnett

natai-beach.jpg.jpg

One of Greater Phuket’s real estate and hotel market’s that has a decided buzz of late is the area up over the Sarasin bridge in Phang Nga.

In Natai, the entry of the Baba Beach Club and nearby Akyra is creating renewed visibility for the broad West Coast stretch of white sand beach.

Two upscale hotels are in the development phase in the vicinity, with one being flagged to an international hotel operator.

Full story: https://thethaiger.com/thai-life/property/phukets-hotel-and-property-players-look-north

thtthaiger.png
-- © Copyright The Thaiger 2018-12-09

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Oziex1 said:

Come on you guys don't run away  there is still a lot of land undeveloped in Phuket get the bulldozers out you Nancie's. 

I'm sure they would, if the infrastructure was on par with the cost of living and the price of property here. 

Why buy a property that is surrounded by water cut offs, or having to have separate water deliveries, power black outs, poor roads, terrible traffic, no proper public transport, rising medical costs, no law and order, dirty beaches and water, and corruption everywhere? 

The bulldozers are moving on to greener pastures.  ????

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, NamKangMan said:

I'm sure they would, if the infrastructure was on par with the cost of living and the price of property here. 

Why buy a property that is surrounded by water cut offs, or having to have separate water deliveries, power black outs, poor roads, terrible traffic, no proper public transport, rising medical costs, no law and order, dirty beaches and water, and corruption everywhere? 

The bulldozers are moving on to greener pastures.  ????

It's even worse up there regarding infrastructure. It's cleaner sure but the taxi cartels are brutal around there. They would make Phuket drivers blush with their extreme pricing. 

Black outs even more so than Phuket. 

Back roads are just as bad with potholes. 

Everything you mention is lacking worse than Phuket. 

Thai's call it local charm. 

On 1/4/2019 at 3:05 PM, hansgruber said:

It's even worse up there regarding infrastructure. It's cleaner sure but the taxi cartels are brutal around there. They would make Phuket drivers blush with their extreme pricing. 

"Everything you mention is lacking worse than Phuket." - this is my point, HG.

Basically, why would tourists pay top dollar on Phuket, for infrastructure close to on par with much cheaper nearby places? 

It must be remembered that Phuket is the most expensive holiday destination in South East Asia, Singapore aside.  That was fine a while ago, when tourists embraced "local charm" as you call it, however, with the current prices, particularly for F & B on Phuket, in my opinion, tourists, particularly western tourists, expect an equivalent level of infrastructure when paying Phuket prices. 

It appears western tourists no longer view Phuket as having "local charm" but view it more as an over priced and poor value for money tourist destination. 

Edited by NamKangMan

On ‎1‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 11:05 AM, hansgruber said:

When were you there last? The main beach road is perfect. No potholes.

it is pricey, but I think that is a deliberate policy to discourage the riff raff. It much mnicer than Phuket which is full of prostitutes.

The self proclaimed property expert writing the article doesnt seem to have much of an idea though. The town there is kok Kloi, not an island Koh Kloi as he repeated writes. I wonder if he had actually been there?

On 1/5/2019 at 4:51 PM, NamKangMan said:

It appears western tourists no longer view Phuket as having "local charm" but view it more as an over priced and poor value for money tourist destination. 

From my friends BHome, who have went. Yes in their thinking it is cheap BUT. They felt it expensive relative to what they actually get. Add in the hassles from beach chairs or the jetski mob, plus taxis. They will never come back. These are american so comparing it to far more expensive places, but being cheap - less expensive still did not make the grade.

Edited by LomSak27

On 1/8/2019 at 5:35 PM, LomSak27 said:

From my friends BHome, who have went. Yes in their thinking it is cheap BUT. They felt it expensive relative to what they actually get. Add in the hassles from beach chairs or the jetski mob, plus taxis. They will never come back. These are american so comparing it to far more expensive places, but being cheap - less expensive still did not make the grade.

Phuket is all about the maximum money coming in, for the minimum money going  out.

Sadly, to administer a sustainable, and prosperous, tourism industry, you have to inject some capital, just like any other business, but they just keep "fiddling like Nero" here.

If we look at the big changes here over just the last 2 years, can you imagine the change 2 years from now?