France's 'yellow vests' clash with police in Paris

rooster59

20 hours ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

I can’t help you with your illiteracy. You could visit a school. I’ve heard they help you with that. 

OK, found it, but that doesn't stop you being rude does it.

Edited by vogie
  • Like 1

On 12/9/2018 at 3:41 AM, Topdoc said:

Emissions free vehicles will need to be powered predominantly by low carbon electricity (i.e. not from coal) for the 'electric future' to be a sustainable one.  Governments can't simply jack up the price of diesel and expect people to accept it, especially in this moribund economy.

They jacked up the price of cigarettes enormously when it was decided they polluted too much, proving that they can jack up a price and expect people either to pay up or stop using. This diesel tax is the latter, as is the cigarette tax hike.

Also needed is a way of building electric cars without the massive secondary use of diesel (used in 97% of sea going transport) and the incredibly dirty batteries which go round the world a couple of times before being fitted in the car and which use lithium, extraction which creates a lot of pollution.

Hydrogen cells are the way ahead but the hugely rich oil companies won't provide the infrastructure necessary to make them effective as they have unfinished business, desperately trying to drain the ground of oil asap.