Another one gone!

NewGuy

17 minutes ago, GreasyFingers said:

We are on the TrueVision 499 baht package and they have just added 3 sports channels that they had previously taken away from when we first signed up. They really are a bad company.

They are a bad company they really are True Visions sucks but AIS is a lot better although I don’t watch much sports anymore these days.  

Just one word: torrent

Yup, have to agree, plenty of stuff available on dl.
Kept True to keep gf happy and I have a backlog of stuff to watch, or can surf iPlayer, ALL4, ITV HUB, My5 or UKTVPLAY , all on VPN.
Only sport I watch religiously is F1 and only sport I practice religiously is in the bedroom ...... it’s called sleeping [emoji51]
  • Haha 1

On 12/10/2018 at 7:11 PM, balo said:

I watch all my TV through internet, with the laptop connected to my 55" smart TV. I can choose between 1000's of channels.

Old fashioned cable TV is history. 

Please explain how you do this to a guy that is not up to speed. Do you download tv station apps to your laptop or ????

Thanks for your help ????

14 hours ago, Jimmy Bulger said:

Go with AIS trust me they’re so much better they have almost every channel you’ll ever want especially if you’re an American.  They have HBO FX, several news channels and I could go on and on with all the channels they have all of the fox movie channels and so much more.  And AIS is cheaper than true ever was.  I switched to AIS for everything iPhone service, cable, and internet.  Actually with AIS you’re cable TV is actually streamed through the internet.  

Right now my biggest concern in life is when the last episode of Homeland is coming out on FX which is supposed to be in July 2019.  When we lived in Tokyo we couldn’t even get the channels we have here in Thailand on AIS.  When we moved here I thought I’d be watching movies off of my iTunes but I only use my iTunes movies if I want to watch the un censored version of a movie.  Some movies are so violet and vulgar that if you want to watch every scene you have to stream it off of iTunes or an internet website because of censorship here but mostly AIS is really good.  I still watch some movies off the internet though once in a while.  Also because of lesse majesty laws here once in a while some movie scenes are deleted if it’s saying something negative about any country’s government.  I remember I was watching the movie “The Dark Knight” one night and I noticed that they deleted half of the scene when the Joker meets Harvy Dent in the hospital and they deleted the part of the scene when the joker discusses killing the Gotham Mayor.  I’m pretty sure that was probably because of Lesse Majesty laws.  They cut out the part when the joker made a statement about killing the mayor I noticed.  So some new movies if you really want to see the ENTIRE movie maybe order it on iTunes or stream it off the internet but other than that AIS is really good.  I also noticed that when you’re watching a movie in the movie theater here in English that for some reason nothing is censored but on regular TV lots of things are censored.  Sometimes it’s funny because on regular TV they cut out the F word but if someone says C’sucker they’ll sometimes still allow that.  

Anyway if you want good cable TV service just go with AIS they really are really good and a lot more than I ever expected to have in Thailand for foreign television.  

Do you know if AIS allows recording of shows to watch later?  

Okay, I’m dopey.  I can’t figure out the True package offerings, as shown on-line.

Besides the Platinum offering, which ones have CNN (ducking from expected criticism)?

Edited by NewGuy

5 hours ago, Wake Up said:

Please explain how you do this to a guy that is not up to speed. Do you download tv station apps to your laptop or ???

I subscribe to a VPN service (Nord VPN) that will change your IP-address. So let's say I want to watch BBC, ITV , Channel 4 etc in the UK , I switch on a UK IP address. Or in the US I can watch CBS, CNN etc . 

If I want to watch movies I just download them from a torrent site. 

• Like 1

On ‎12‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 1:11 AM, balo said:

I watch all my TV through internet, with the laptop connected to my 55" smart TV. I can choose between 1000's of channels.

Old fashioned cable TV is history. 

While it sounds good saying you have 1000s of channels, but in my experience it's 1000s of channels of <deleted> that I have zero desire to see, and loads of ads.

I no longer watch tv at all, and better for it. I have rediscovered books, and I also watch DVD movies. I had enough of the "Big Brother" type tv moronity and constant ads. The only tv channel I do watch when I have the chance, is Al Jazeera news. Better by far than BBC or CNN garbage.

• Haha 1

On 12/11/2018 at 1:37 PM, GroveHillWanderer said:

I tried beIN Sports Connect but to me it's not as good as getting the channels on TrueVisions TV. beIN Sports Connect is not full 1080p quality as far as I can judge and at least on my Internet connection (100/20 on True Fiber Optic) sometimes drops to an even lower resolution, occasionally freezes, sometimes drops out completely and has to be restarted.

Partly because of the TV options, I got a True Internet fibre optic package which included a free TrueVisions box with basic TV package (also free) with a bunch of channels including some with English language content (not that I watch them much) but initially, only one of the beIN Sports channels (beIN Sports 4). However by paying 199 Baht per month extra, I get all 6 beIN Sports channels. The main advantages to me are flawless and reliable full HD quality images plus programmable recording and the ability to pause and rewind live TV with the PVR function on the TrueVisions box. You have to supply your own USB storage device but I just used a spare USB memory stick I happened to have lying around. I can record about 8 hours of TV on it, which is plenty for my purposes.

There isn't 7-day catch-up available via the box (like beIN Sports Connect has) but I can get the same thing by using the TrueID TV app. 

BeIN IS full 1080 for which you need 25Mbps to stream. I never had a drop out or buffering in the middle of the Jungle on 3BB 100/30 fibre. Bht 199 per month incl VAT and no extra boxes.

23 hours ago, wgdanson said:

BeIN IS full 1080 for which you need 25Mbps to stream. I never had a drop out or buffering in the middle of the Jungle on 3BB 100/30 fibre. Bht 199 per month incl VAT and no extra boxes.

Well, maybe I was just unlucky with the quality/reliability of beIN Sports Connect but friends who have tried it tell me they have the same issues. I'm not quite sure what you mean about the box - that's one of the best things about having the True subscription as I'm concerned - it's free and gives me programmable recording plus the ability to pause and rewind live TV. beIN Sports Conect gives you catch-up but only for 7 days (I think) and does not have pause/rewind of live TV.

As I say I've tried both and find TrueVisions with all the features if offers, preferable. YMMV

2 hours ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

Well, maybe I was just unlucky with the quality/reliability of beIN Sports Connect but friends who have tried it tell me they have the same issues. I'm not quite sure what you mean about the box - that's one of the best things about having the True subscription as I'm concerned - it's free and gives me programmable recording plus the ability to pause and rewind live TV. beIN Sports Conect gives you catch-up but only for 7 days (I think) and does not have pause/rewind of live TV.

As I say I've tried both and find TrueVisions with all the features if offers, preferable. YMMV

How can something be free (the box) if you are paying a subscription? And if you are really a footie fan, would you wait 7 days to catch up on a match, the team have possibly played another two since then. You CAN pause, rewind and forward a catch up game, but not live, the broadcasters do that for you. Cheers.

You cannot even get the Australian Channel through True now if not on cable.

Talked about a cricket channel 17 years ago when we could watch the "Ashes series for an

extra Bht 1,000, they said "next year" still waiting.

Bangkok Post  "Sports Editor" has lost the plot as well,,,, he gets about 40% of the live sport on 

True because he is too lazy to look