Credit card refund from Agoda

petermik

Anyone on here had experience of getting a refund (or not) from Agoda?

I,m still waiting after 27 days for the refund to come through....Agoda tell me refund has been authorised and to wait until 30 days have passed before contacting them again trying to blame my bank for the slow transaction.....are they just browbeating me?

How long did it take for them to take the money off you?.....milliseconds. Yet a refund takes weeks. Rip off. Saying that I got a refund from Lazada in 10 minutes for something faulty, with a note...Do not bother sending it back.

3 minutes ago, wgdanson said:

How long did it take for them to take the money off you?.....milliseconds. Yet a refund takes weeks. Rip off. Saying that I got a refund from Lazada in 10 minutes for something faulty, with a note...Do not bother sending it back.

From my understanding and experience with Thai banking system, refund can not be processed by the company.

Company must fill out a form, hand it over to the branch for refund.

I am guessing, Lazada does not run to the bank on daily basis, most likely once per week or fortnightly, so by the time, they hand over the refund request to the bank and branch processing it may take a while.

Refund to bank account takes less than 7 days

Check the deadline on the credit card you used for requesting a charge reversal, and note it on your calendar.

Or if you're annoyed about it now which anyone would be, request the cc charge back now, and send Agoda an email telling them you are going to reverse the charge on your credit card but if they follow through and get you the refund promptly you will drop the proceedings with the cc company.

I would guess that either of the above could get you blacklisted from Agoda and their affiliated OTA's though if you succeed in the charge reversal.

Edited by JimmyJ

In between the credit card in your wallet and the bank that issued it, there's also a third-party Automated Clearing House or 'payment processor' as well the card association that has their logo on your plastic.

It's all here if anyone wants to know why some refunds take longer than others.

Read up on ACH's as well.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, BestB said:

From my understanding and experience with Thai banking system, refund can not be processed by the company.

Company must fill out a form, hand it over to the branch for refund.

I am guessing, Lazada does not run to the bank on daily basis, most likely once per week or fortnightly, so by the time, they hand over the refund request to the bank and branch processing it may take a while.

Refund to bank account takes less than 7 days

No, i said refund from Lazada only took 10 minutes.