How much bamboo walls cost in Thailand?

SovietChild

I bought bamboo from those places that sell it from the "yards" that one passes along Sukhumvit Rd. to make an outside fence. Awful cheap. Around 100 Bt. per bundle of about 10...depending on the thickness and length. Just pop in and ask them.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dotpoom said:

I bought bamboo from those places that sell it from the "yards" that one passes along Sukhumvit Rd. to make an outside fence. Awful cheap. Around 100 Bt. per bundle of about 10...depending on the thickness and length. Just pop in and ask them.

10 baht per 1 sounds nice

"..... those places that sell it from the "yards" that one passes along Sukhumvit Rd."

Really?  On Sukhumvit Road?  You don't say!  It is only 488 KM, I better get started! 555

sukhumvit.png

• 3 months later...
5 hours ago, VocalNeal said:

Don't know where but it is soaked in the sea (brine) for a while to make it termite proof/resistant.

Thats incorrect.....they float bamboo down the rivers to drown the existing beetle already inside.

Eggs already laid are unaffected and will hatch as soon as you get it home.

As i said in earlier post, you still need a triple chaondrite spray to keep them at bay but bamboos howrver well treated is resistant to nothing despite what you may hear.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, eyecatcher said:

Thats incorrect.....they float bamboo down the rivers to drown the existing beetle already inside.

As i said in earlier post, you still need a triple chaondrite spray to keep them at bay but bamboos howrver well treated is resistant to nothing despite what you may hear.

Is it possible to steam heat it to kill the eggs? Then varnish it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, adammike said:

Is it possible to steam heat it to kill the eggs? Then varnish it.

I dont know the answer to that, but the point about repetetive spraying ensures the poison  is etched into the walls of the bamboo, so when the eggs hatch and larvae eat their way out ready for flight then they die.

A complete house fumigation sadly leaves all eggs laid untouched and will continue to enjoy eating until they come into contact with another spraying or chaindrite protected wood

• Like 1

Unfortunately it's not usually possible to treat bamboo from the outside. The reason is that bamboo has a hard outer coating that is impervious to just about anything getting through. There are a lot of ways to treat bamboo, but none are very easy. One method is to drill a hole all the way through top to bottom so treatment can be filled inside. Borax is preferred for treating bamboo since it works great against bugs, is harmless to humans, and does not off gas. Bamboo should never be in ground contact. And bamboo can decay when left in the sun and rain. I love bamboo but find it very difficult material in many regards.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, johng said:
22 hours ago, myshem said:
hello, I am also looking for a google map location around Chonburi Pattaya or even Bangkok, can you tell me ? Thank you.

Google street view near to Pattaya "Floating Market" or "Talart See Park" in Thai

Thank you, there is a shop near pattaya floating market ? same side or opposite ?

15 hours ago, eyecatcher said:

Thank you, I should spray it after buying ? Anything else to do ? Paint ?

Are you talking about this:

https://www.sherwood.co.th/en/our-brands/chaindrite/

Where to buy it please ? or any brand is ok ? thanks again.

Chaindrite Products

2 hours ago, canopy said:

Unfortunately it's not usually possible to treat bamboo from the outside. The reason is that bamboo has a hard outer coating that is impervious to just about anything getting through. There are a lot of ways to treat bamboo, but none are very easy. One method is to drill a hole all the way through top to bottom so treatment can be filled inside. Borax is preferred for treating bamboo since it works great against bugs, is harmless to humans, and does not off gas. Bamboo should never be in ground contact. And bamboo can decay when left in the sun and rain. I love bamboo but find it very difficult material in many regards.

But it's cheap, so if it deteriorates after few years it seems ok.

Often if its going outside you would normally assume its going to be temporary which is why its cheap.

5/6years max and it will be literally falling apart and to dust.

If its going outside it doesnt retain its hard shell very long.

As it rapidly changes from green to yellow it also contracts and cracks vertically so spraying it actually sees a quantity getting inside, however those cracks also allow rain in and more flying insects which start the rotting from inside.

The spray to use is very concentrated, chaindrite 30 is in a white container red lid and its 30x dilution rate. Beger do a copy and in a similar container.

I use chaindrite SE40 its in a tin can and diluted 40x its stronger but much cheaper than the red tops.

Its a mask and glove job and to be done outside.

Dont spray that stuff inside your house, take the wood outside. If inside, open windows, get the fan on.

Varnishing the bamboo gives it a glossy sheen, if you use a woodstain then it incorporates the insecticide also.

It also really slows down the process of the bamboo going black in the rain. You can see bamboo which was never stained or varnished as it looks grey and miserable.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, myshem said:

Thank you, I should spray it after buying ? Anything else to do ? Paint ?

Are you talking about this:

https://www.sherwood.co.th/en/our-brands/chaindrite/

Where to buy it please ? or any brand is ok ? thanks again.

Chaindrite Products

That certainly isn't the product to use 

this is the one IMG_7086.PNG.c5866296796c5dfd493b6f292e135212.PNG

You can buy it anywhere for example Global House, DoHome, Thai Watsadu

• Like 1

1 hour ago, eyecatcher said:

Often if its going outside you would normally assume its going to be temporary which is why its cheap.

5/6years max and it will be literally falling apart and to dust.

If its going outside it doesnt retain its hard shell very long.

As it rapidly changes from green to yellow it also contracts and cracks vertically so spraying it actually sees a quantity getting inside, however those cracks also allow rain in and more flying insects which start the rotting from inside.

The spray to use is very concentrated, chaindrite 30 is in a white container red lid and its 30x dilution rate. Beger do a copy and in a similar container.

I use chaindrite SE40 its in a tin can and diluted 40x its stronger but much cheaper than the red tops.

Its a mask and glove job and to be done outside.

Dont spray that stuff inside your house, take the wood outside. If inside, open windows, get the fan on.

Varnishing the bamboo gives it a glossy sheen, if you use a woodstain then it incorporates the insecticide also.

It also really slows down the process of the bamboo going black in the rain. You can see bamboo which was never stained or varnished as it looks grey and miserable.

Those are designed for soil use not wood treatment.

Chaindrite Stedfast 30 SC

Termiticide which is truly water-based, odourless, slightly viscous, easily dispersible in water, binds tightly with soil particles and lasts for more than 6 years.

• Like 1

Yes the chaindrite 40EC is strictly for soil but I need the real deal that can be used everywhere.

The chaindrite wood preservative is really a brush on application either after you have sprayed with the killer spray or simply to treat new wood.

Of course it can be used for bamboo but it will be difficult to apply as its not meant to be sprayed on.

All my wood gets the chaindrite brush on preservative however I have a niggle that it quickly evapourates and doesnt do its job for more than a year.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, eyecatcher said:

Yes the chaindrite 40EC is strictly for soil but I need the real deal that can be used everywhere.

The chaindrite wood preservative is really a brush on application either after you have sprayed with the killer spray or simply to treat new wood.

Of course it can be used for bamboo but it will be difficult to apply as its not meant to be sprayed on.

All my wood gets the chaindrite brush on preservative however I have a niggle that it quickly evapourates and doesnt do its job for more than a year.

The evaporation is the carrier liquid not the protective deposits it leaves behind.

I don't have any idea about its use on unprotected wood outside but it certainly could wash off.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, myshem said:

Thank you, there is a shop near pattaya floating market ? same side or opposite ?

Here it is on google street view   same side as the market heading south towards Sattahip

https://www.google.com/maps/@12.8765153,100.9007485,3a,90y,88.92h,83.76t/data=!3m9!1e1!3m7!1sjszFvjcW2QSs2Z_X9wH23A!2e0!7i13312!8i6656!9m2!1b1!2i25

• Like 1