Video: Impoverished Thai granny doesn't have money to make a welfare card

webfact

Video: Impoverished Thai granny doesn't have money to make a welfare card

4pm_VI.jpg

Picture: Sanook

A video made by Thai Rath tugged at the heartstrings of Thais online.

It featured a grandmother living in Jorm Phra district of Surin who didn't even have enough money to travel to a government office and apply for a card for the poor.

In addition she was unable to claim any pension payments or money due to her for her disabilities. 

Khao Prajuabsub, aged 60, is handicapped in both legs. 

She hobbles about the local fields looking for crabs to eat and barter for rice. 

She wants to visit her children in Ayuthaya who have problems of their own -  a jail sentence was mentioned. 

A million people viewed her plight. 

A Krung Thai bank account #3203-59230-0 in her name was given for people who might like to donate to help her out. 

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-12-12

On 12/11/2018 at 9:02 PM, ezzra said:

Where are the Netizen when you REALLY need them? Thailand social welfare system is appalling to say the least, i know people who worked hard all their lives paid taxes and duties and now at their 60' and 70' and get like a 1,000 baht stipend a month, not enough for the most basic food muchless pay for utilities, time is right to change and honor the ones that built what Thailand is today...

Thats sad but it is also in other countries. I think people need to start be nice to each other.

From the last time I was in Thailand with my ex girlfriend who has both citizenship and has two sisters both over 60 years old and from what i understood they were getting 500 baht per month and they manage rather poorly and not too many expenses like hydro or other like water from village water distribution.

They really have hard time but were very happy when I show up for a stay of many months at the time they are  hard working gals full of good will.

• Like 1