Forum maintenance tonight from approx. 11pm - 1.30am ×

Shooting by Bangkok cop: Slain tourist was young French man in "love triangle"

webfact

Waiter just happened to have a gun? Was he serving oyster shooters?

And we now know just how stupid you can be and still hold a job. "You wanna borrow my gun and shoot that guy? Really? Oh, okay... but ya gotta pay me for the bullets when you finish. I wasn't born yesterday."

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Justgrazing said:

This'll take some explaining to Le French .. Odds on Ace of diplomacy Prawit sticking his foot in it again by way of a mind numbingly crass excuse .? 

Has he already removed his foot from his mouth? ???? I thought his "foot in mouth" was a permanent fixture.

R.I.P frenchy, sadly you ran foul of an armed, idiot Government employee.

I'm not sure why people seem so surprised the waiter had a gun. As the article linked to below states:

Thailand is ... a country awash with easily obtainable firearms, featuring one of the highest gun homicide rates in Asia. 

[...]

Thailand has the highest reported rate of gun-related deaths in Southeast Asia - almost 50 percent more gun homicides than the Philippines. With 7.48 registered violent gun deaths per 100,000 people, the rate is also twice as high as that of the US.

Thailand's fervent gun culture

Thais are allowed to own guns (with a licence) for the following purposes: self-defense, protection of property, sports or hunting.  There are more than six million legally-registered guns in the country.

However there are also plenty of illegal guns. According to the Small Arms Survey, they estimate:

... that the total number of guns, both licit and illicit, held by Thai civilians in 2017 is 10,300,000, equating to 15.1 firearms per 100 inhabitants. Comparable figures for the other ASEAN nations are: Cambodia, 4.5 per 100 inhabitants; Philippines, 3.6; Laos, 3.0; Myanmar, 1.6; Vietnam, 1.6; Brunei, 1.4; Malaysia, 0.7; Singapore, 0.3; and Indonesia, zero.

1 hour ago, SammyT said:

Another brilliant TV poster.... Getting WOUND UP by words he reads on the internet written by people he doesn't know

He handed his gun to the staff before entering the shop. https://www.khaosod.co.th/breaking-news/news_1944716

11 minutes ago, Xaos said:

So predictable. I said that from begging its about woman, copper was loosing fist fight so do face, decided shoot guy in the back of his head.

I have watched the CCTV footage of this incident. It was quite a "scramble". The victim is running into the view, followed directly by the shooter. The victim is doing his best to evade the shot, turning and dodging. The shooter is clearly intent on murder. It almost appears as if the shooter fired a stray shot first, but I suspect he simply did not pull the trigger. He then does take the fatal shot. If the shot was to the back of the head, it was certainly not planned as such. They are both moving quite randomly at the moment of the shot that it is actually amazing that the shot connected. It was a very chaotic scene. 

Another brain-dead Somchai with small-willy syndrome that couldn't control his anger in a fit of jealous rage.

Same story, different day.

Can't help but feel sorry for the poor farang - if only he'd known better than to put his hand in the wrong cookie jar.

3 hours ago, ezzra said:

Words to the wise, if you don't fear or respect the man, fera and respect the gun he's wearing and you'll live longer...

I read he wasn't in uniform and was unarmed, the gun given to him by a waiter, go figure ????

2 hours ago, tifino said:

yeah! maybe even after 6 years...was he still serving as an unarmed (disarmed) officer?

and... why would a waiter have a gun??

pistoff and pistol is together a dangerous combo

"and... why would a waiter have a gun??"

In Thailand bar man, waiters all have guns. You didn't know that? And the question why would they have a gun? To shoot someone who is giving them problem. What else?

13 minutes ago, madusa said:

"and... why would a waiter have a gun??"

In Thailand bar man, waiters all have guns. You didn't know that? And the question why would they have a gun? To shoot someone who is giving them problem. What else?

Sounds more like preparing a little koh tao move. At least partially, because the real CCTV leaked out luckily.

Story was differently put in foreign media all over the world. It stated that the cop was getting a bit too cheeky with the Thai woman who was with her french farang. One can immagine what happened before the murder....

Another disgraceful drama for Thailand's reputation, well reported in all the media abroad,  that will certainly attract more quality tourists.

Naturally the cop will be transfered to an "inactive post" .... as one may doubt that he  will he get a life sentence in jail ?

30 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

Have you not heard of the small dic syndrom, it's spreading through Thai men, like a plague, just have a look at how many Thai women have been slain of late 

SDS is a disorder caused by eating too much Koi Pla whereby the parasites could leave you with small heads on both ends. 

PS. Gun was his that he left with the waiter. He retrieved the gun and went after him. 

Just walk away if some women has any hint of a "thing" going on with someone else. Not as if there aren't a never-ending supply of available/hot women around here. Grow up and seek something better without having a hissy-fit. No idea why you would get involved with such a situation...unless, of course, the young French guys was being strung along without knowing what was going on, which is entirely possible.

3 hours ago, CarlBkk said:

The worldwide reputation of Thai policemen is there for a reason.  Their reputation is that they're reckless, dangerous and corrupt.  Like a mafia in uniform.  I've only come into contact with two.

One was my ex wife's father.  A man with a short fuse, a temper and a penchant for cheap whisky. He once got punched by a drinking buddy and went back to his house in a rage to get his gun and finish it off. His family, including young children at the time, had to cling on to him to stop him.

The second was a relative of a UK-based Thai friend, mid 20s. Father high up in the army, him in the police force. He was exiled by his Dad after pulling a gun and shooting (close to) a bus driver in a road rage incident in the South of Thailand.  After a drink, a horrible guy who looked for trouble but didn't have the corrupt support in the UK to get away with assault.

As Thais also say, never trust them. They think of their own (perceived) power and not of their own family or the consequences of extreme and disproportionate action.

This is all about losing face. Many have met their demise via love triangles in Thailand. The gun means nothing, guns for Thais are as easy to obtain as buying candy at a 7/Eleven, they can even make their own guns, very easy.

The golden rule for staying in Thailand, especially for foreigners, is don`t get involved and the odds are you`ll live longer.

45 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

SDS is a disorder caused by eating too much Koi Pla whereby the parasites could leave you with small heads on both ends. 

PS. Gun was his that he left with the waiter. He retrieved the gun and went after him. 

well that would clear up the mystery!

where was that reported? I missed it...

Just now, cyberfarang said:

This is all about losing face. Many have met their demise via love triangles in Thailand. The gun means nothing, guns for Thais are as easy to obtain as buying candy at a 7/Eleven, they can even make their own guns, very easy.

The golden rule for staying in Thailand, especially for foreigners, is don`t get involved and the odds are you`ll live longer.

Exactly. And, though it is a somewhat strange way to live, avoiding all but the most superficial interactions with Thais is highly recommended. 

Stick with a very small circle of family and treat all other Thais as potential threats. 

with the fragile Thai mind; it isn't necessarily a Love Triangle...

more like a 3 bladed weapon... where everyone suffers the effect 

as where and who it hits may be quite random

definitely uncontrollable

image.jpeg.15266e4baacc447a2b5a17044e009aca.jpeg

in the wrong unstable hands 

Archived