Shooting by Bangkok cop: Slain tourist was young French man in "love triangle"

webfact

11 hours ago, paddyjoe41 said:

Really I SHOULD NOT BE REPLYING TO THIS POST as a farang of a few years under my belt this is a regular thing,regardless if the shooter is a cop or an ordinary citizen,unfortunately the dead man was a farang.That in itself for all of us is the answer to who is who and whats what.take that as you will but it is fact.Only one winner,and dont forget you are not in the uk,or usa,or any other country,you are out on a limb,completely. Regardless what the culprit says he will be believed,i know this is hard to believe and hard to understand here but it is FACT.We have all been in love,well lets hope so anyway,but here in Thailand the girls are really something,as we all know,but also well schooled.When i say well schooled i mean as regards to how and who is the best future prospect for a future long term relationship.unless you have travelled a bit and seen this type of thing in other countries,its very hard to weed out,and lets be honest we most of us if not all have been very close to the border in that respect,the girls do what they need to do to make a better life,as far as im concerned i cannot blame them,we all have some sort of ambition regardless of age or creed.In a case like we have here its very very unfortunate more so because apparently the poor guy was a first time visitor,and completely unaware of what was ongoing. Very very sad and more to the point we as longtimers living  here know what the outcome will be.so RIP Young man.

The grammar in this comment is arguably a bigger crime than the cold-blooded murder of the tourist. 

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/12/2018 at 1:23 PM, Eric Loh said:

Whether it’s love triangle, quadrangle or even hexacon, no reason to kill. Moreover  he is a policeman and should show more restraint. Let’s hope the RTP will not try to shield one of his boys. The public deserved to see justice and due punishment. 

Quite true, but a bad situation brings out the worst in people, and everyone has emotions that can get out of control. The fundamental moral to the story is don't enter into f''d up relationships. Don't mess with someone's wife or girlfriend, it's not worth the price paid in grief regardless of how minor or severe. Plenty of fish in the sea. Anyone who would play both ends against the middle in relationships is not worthy, and not worth it to either one. 

On 12/12/2018 at 2:28 PM, mercman24 said:

i met a nice lady 2 years ago, she had a kid with a cop, she said Ex Boyfriend, that was it for me bye bye, i like living, been here long enough, can read the papers, about jealous ex,s  and speculation on this sad event, ??  jail, then when it has all died down, out the backdoor he goes. oh, and how about an *accomplice to murder* (lend me a gun i want to kill someone), while we are at it.

You're a wise man. plenty of fish in the sea, no need to play dangerous emotional games with another person's relationship baggage. 

On 12/12/2018 at 2:09 PM, KneeDeep said:

He didn't have a gun....try reading the article before posting nonsense.

Those words are not "nonsense" ,  they are a piece of simple common sense. "Words to the wise" being the point. Since you didn't get it, let me adapt the quote for your benefit.. "Words to the wise, if you don't fear or respect the man, respect his ability to come after you with someone else's gun". Capiche? 

On 12/13/2018 at 1:43 AM, Dumbastheycome said:

Do the French still have the "Crime of Passion" loophole? If so they might understand the scenario.

However if this member of the RTP remains a member I doubt  anyone  would understand that!

No french roots for that guy

On 12/13/2018 at 1:14 AM, varun said:

Another brain-dead Somchai with small-willy syndrome that couldn't control his anger in a fit of jealous rage.

Same story, different day.

Can't help but feel sorry for the poor farang - if only he'd known better than to put his hand in the wrong cookie jar.

One would think it wasn't his hand he was putting in the cookie jar.

Archived