Shooting by Bangkok cop: Slain tourist was young French man in "love triangle"

webfact

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
well done the cop , the french guy probably insulted him and the cop did not want to lose face and shot him , i have seen a case like this about 4 years ago where a farlang spit in a cops face because he kissed his girlfriend after the girl had invited him to kiss her so the cop ran after the male farland and shot him and killed him as he had lost face bythe farlang spitting in his face 

Good to see you're back posting on TV, have you been in jail?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

42 minutes ago, hottrader77 said:

well done the cop , the french guy probably insulted him and the cop did not want to lose face and shot him , i have seen a case like this about 4 years ago where a farlang spit in a cops face because he kissed his girlfriend after the girl had invited him to kiss her so the cop ran after the male farland and shot him and killed him as he had lost face bythe farlang spitting in his face 

I;m not so sure & the Fartling may be was nice & I saw many cases like this & the Fartling did not do any thing wrong & but the Thai cop did a bad temper and killed the Fartling any way

So the victim was found?

The cctv shows him being shot !!

He wasn't lost. 

A bar man lent him, or threw him, "the off duty out of uniform cop" a gun.!!

And the police man who had previous firearm violations shot a tourist in the head, fatally killing him.

How many laws need to be broken in one incident?

What was the bar man doing with a gun at 7am anyway?

How did the cop know the bar man had a gun?

You could make a TV show out of this stuff. 

This Is Thailand.  TiT. 

3 hours ago, Just Weird said:

The bar that the fight started in is owned by the police, the waiter didn't "have" a gun, it was behind the bar and the waiter handed it to the officer, presumably after being told to. 

And the waiter shouted out to the off duty cop, "Just shoot him".

"He is only a farang".

You don't hear much about Thai police shooting Thai people..

No news in that.

7 hours ago, bristolgeoff said:

The report says the waiter had the gun not the policeman.what was he doing with a gun in the bar in the first place.then hand the gun to him.this is going to get difficult now to sort 

That would certainly conveniently get the policeman off the charge of carrying a gun in a public place while off duty...Tq2CuIO.gif

53 minutes ago, Fex Bluse said:

I;m not so sure & the Fartling may be was nice & I saw many cases like this & the Fartling did not do any thing wrong & but the Thai cop did a bad temper and killed the Fartling any way

<deleted> is a 'Fartling'? ???? Some kind of a farting machine?

Must have been in love with that Thai cops favorite donuts.

Sure he was in a love triangle, the cop loved her, she loved the tourist money, and now the tourist can't refute the claim. So maybe he wasn't, maybe he was but either way killing the guy wasn't an acceptable option....except in a country where tourist lives are cheap. 

Must have been in love with that Thai cops favorite donuts.

Sure he was in a love triangle, the cop loved her, she loved the tourist money, and now the tourist can't refute the claim. So maybe he wasn't, maybe he was but either way killing the guy wasn't an acceptable option....except in a country where tourist lives are cheap. 

Really I SHOULD NOT BE REPLYING TO THIS POST as a farang of a few years under my belt this is a regular thing,regardless if the shooter is a cop or an ordinary citizen,unfortunately the dead man was a farang.That in itself for all of us is the answer to who is who and whats what.take that as you will but it is fact.Only one winner,and dont forget you are not in the uk,or usa,or any other country,you are out on a limb,completely. Regardless what the culprit says he will be believed,i know this is hard to believe and hard to understand here but it is FACT.We have all been in love,well lets hope so anyway,but here in Thailand the girls are really something,as we all know,but also well schooled.When i say well schooled i mean as regards to how and who is the best future prospect for a future long term relationship.unless you have travelled a bit and seen this type of thing in other countries,its very hard to weed out,and lets be honest we most of us if not all have been very close to the border in that respect,the girls do what they need to do to make a better life,as far as im concerned i cannot blame them,we all have some sort of ambition regardless of age or creed.In a case like we have here its very very unfortunate more so because apparently the poor guy was a first time visitor,and completely unaware of what was ongoing. Very very sad and more to the point we as longtimers living  here know what the outcome will be.so RIP Young man.

5 hours ago, hottrader77 said:

"well done the cop"

What are you on? You really think it is better to kill someone than loose face? Why do so many men have such a fragile ego. 

Another farang spat in an ex cops face in similar circumstances in Kanchanaburi about 15 years ago but after he was shot the guy then ran over the girl. I was in a bar and asked where this happened, "I show you" we walked 3 metres "here". I have never spat in anyone's face since then.

6 hours ago, hobobo said:

Why worried? Are you in octangles as well? Triangles are easy: if you do show up, make sure your armoury is bigger and better than your opponents'

Is that so he can see it easily and then get the first shot fired into you before you have a chance to react?

16 hours ago, worgeordie said:

Been in a love triangle when the other man has access 

to a gun,and is not afraid to use it ,is not a good idea

at all,especially with so many fish in the sea.

regards Worgeordie

This girl was probably a Mea Noi for the cop as well.

Many a good man has been shot in love triangle in LOS, one girl I new would invite her Thai BF to live with her in her husbands house while he was away on the rigs.

The whole village new and just laughed about it.

Be Careful out there and try to do some research, I once had a GF in Bangkok until I was tipped off by a local that she had a mangda BF lucky I found out at the beginning and got well away from that situation. 

The sad part is he will disappear , maybe the victims family will be paid some compensation by the police if they stand up to them.

He probably will be out of jail in a year or two.

My wife got 300k out of  a drunken cop who killed her father, not much for a life but they paid up as there were over 20 witnesses.

13 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

SDS is a disorder caused by eating too much Koi Pla whereby the parasites could leave you with small heads on both ends. 

PS. Gun was his that he left with the waiter. He retrieved the gun and went after him. 

Lol

Then that would make it murder, no questions asked.

Hope he gets the death penalty to show other SDS Thai's that taking out a foreigner let alone a Thai is not acceptable, I did say hope ????

17 hours ago, ezzra said:

Words to the wise, if you don't fear or respect the man, fera and respect the gun he's wearing and you'll live longer...

If you read the report correctly the cop was handed a gun by a third party.

Another brain-dead Somchai with small-willy syndrome that couldn't control his anger in a fit of jealous rage.

Same story, different day.

Can't help but feel sorry for the poor farang - if only he'd known better than to put his hand in the wrong cookie jar.

19 hours ago, worgeordie said:

Been in a love triangle when the other man has access 

to a gun,and is not afraid to use it ,is not a good idea

at all,especially with so many fish in the sea.

regards Worgeordie

True but I slept with a young women for three nights until her friend told me she was married and her husband tried to send me a I want to kill you line message. I had no idea she was married to a Thai man.  Sometimes you don’t know all the facts of who you are renting for a few evenings. This story is scarey because I lived at Trendy and to chase a man down and shoot him is inexcusable and unexpected regardless of what the French man did or did not do or knew or did not know. 

Archived