Video: The fight that led to fatal shooting of Frenchman in Bangkok

webfact

Video: The fight that led to fatal shooting of Frenchman in Bangkok

1pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

CCTV footage has emerged of the fight that led to the fatal shooting of a French tourist on Wednesday morning. 

The footage shows Senior Sgt-Maj Kantapong Huadsri, 49, involved in a fistfight with a 41 year old Frenchman.

The location is believed to be outside the Lucky Shot bar in Soi 11/1 and the time shows 7.17am. 

Daily News said that Kantapong - now given the name "Lerm" in the Thai media - was knocked down and was clearly losing the fight when he pulled out a gun. 

tr.jpg

At least one shot appears to be fired at this first scene as the French man flees for his life. 

The Frenchman was later shot two times in the chest and head outside Dunkin' Donuts at the Trendy Building in Soi 13. 

This was also caught on CCTV

Daily News also reported that no relatives attempted to post bail for the suspect who has admitted murder.

He was ordered held for a 12 day period until December 23rd when he will appear in court again. 

He is being held at Bangkok Special Prison. 

Prosecutors opposed bail on the grounds of flight risk due to the serious nature of the crime.  

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-12-13

6 minutes ago, darksidedog said:

Interesting, You see  when the foreigner runs off, the cop stops for a moment, then goes after him. I wonder who said what to provoke him to follow? In that instant both peoples fate was sealed.

At that moment when he stopped, it was the last moment his life and the other guy life has changed for ever, that moment it was the last clear thoughts of sanity going through his minds, fight or flight.. alas, he decided to go ahead and get his revenge and humiliations paid for...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ezzra said:

At that moment when he stopped, it was the last moment his life and the other guy life has changed for ever, that moment it was the last clear thoughts of sanity going through his minds, fight or flight.. alas, he decided to go ahead and get his revenge and humiliations paid for...

After presumably a full night of drinking by both men, I doubt clear thoughts were in either of their minds. Evidenced by the shooting, plus the victim coming to a walk only a few seconds after being shot at. Most sane people would run a mile and not stop. I know I would!

Agreed it's a very permanent solution to a pretty pathetic problem though

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Rimmer said:

At 0:52 it looks like he is given the gun and then at 0:55 take a shot at the French man who is running away and then what could be  another shot at 0:56  He then pursues him with gun in hand and they disappear of screen bottom left.

Discharging a firearm in a public place followed by premeditated murder.

It's hardly self defense when when he pursues  an unarmed man with a loaded weapon with obvious intent to kill him.

I hope public opinion alone will ensure he does not get away with this no matter who he is or who he is friends with .  

Disagree. 

From :22 - :27 Green shirt guy is trying to pass off the pistol. 

From :25 - :31 he is picking up the gun from the gutter. 

From :40 - :45 its the shooter flashing the gun from his waistband at the frenchman. 

At :52-:54 he takes the pistol out of his waste-band and pops his first shot. 

Could happen to any foreigner that disputes the bill. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Not exactly the type of incident that bodes well on future tourism.

Cop gone crazy!

Farang tourist loses life on vacation.

Thai cop loses franchise and freedom.

Edited by neeray
additional words
  • Confused 3
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, UncleTouchyFingers said:

Could happen to any foreigner that disputes the bill. 

Nothing to do with the bill; that officer is not security for the bar and the gun was his, it's not kept there for difficult customers, it doesn't need to be as the bar is half-owned by the police and usually swarming with them in civvies.

28 minutes ago, Jane Dough said:

I am a long term resident and I think your whole post is very wide of the mark. This cop will likely get the death sentence for that. While it will probably be commuted he could do decades for this. The fact that it was against a tourist only adds to the gravity in my view. 

Even your contention that one life was wasted is wrong - looks like at least two to me.

Rooster

There wont be an 'S' in Decade(s); he's unlikely to exceed one.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Fex Bluse said:

I respect your opinion. But, how would we ever know what penalty the officer pays?

His Embassy and family can and probably will track this oik to keep the pressure on throughout his sentence.

Edited by evadgib