Video: The fight that led to fatal shooting of Frenchman in Bangkok

webfact

2 hours ago, Terek said:

but who knows what this foreigner did? maybe something bad? I have saw some bad behaving foreigners who should be treated like this

Far out, if a foreigner behaves badly then they should be murdered by Thais. You should apply for Thai citizenship, they'll welcome you with open arms.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What’s kind of judicial system would even allow bail for somebody caught red handed on video killing somebody premeditated and with full intend following the victim and shooting him execution style ?
Confessing to the murder should not be considered for lowering the sentence as there is enough evidence to convict this sick animal.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

What’s kind of judicial system would even allow bail for somebody caught red handed on video killing somebody premeditated and with full intend following the victim and shooting him execution style ?
Confessing to the murder should not be considered for lowering the sentence as there is enough evidence to convict this sick animal.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect
Should would and could are completely irrelevant.
Thailand, there court system , their rules.

Same could be argued about the the three strike system in the USA.. Brutal.. or 14 years old tried as adults given life in adult jails.. brutal
There country their rules

Wake up

38 minutes ago, boonrawdcnx said:

The Thai judicial system?

28 minutes ago, madmen said:

Should would and could are completely irrelevant.
Thailand, there court system , their rules.

Same could be argued about the the three strike system in the USA.. Brutal.. or 14 years old tried as adults given life in adult jails.. brutal
There country their rules

Wake up

Are you Chinese? their country their rules but everyone has

the right to criticize (or at least should have)

When the car with the Thai people fell from the cliff

to the river in the US and it was impossible to get the body

out for a few weeks Thais did not say 'their country's rules' only criticized the US sharply.

Are you Chinese? their country their rules but everyone has
the right to criticize (or at least should have)

When the car with the Thai people fell from the cliff
to the river in the US and it was impossible to get the body
out for a few weeks Thais did not say 'their country's rules' only criticized the US sharply.

You respect your host countrys legal system end of story.

Crying about it won't change a thing.

The thai car thing in the USA isn't even about the legal system so a nonsense comparison

9 minutes ago, madmen said:

Crying about it won't change a thing.

The thai car thing in the USA isn't even about the legal system so a nonsense comparison

You don’t have to respect anything. Thailand has the right to govern itself and create its own laws. I respect their right to do that. That doesn’t mean I have to respect the very laws. Abide by them, sure. Respect them? Definitely not. 

By the way, comparing one bad thing to another doesn’t make either of them right. 

14 minutes ago, madmen said:

Chairman Mao approved !!!

15 minutes ago, madmen said:

they could not get to the car because it was considered too dangerous
so also inconsistent with the law and rules of rescuers

Welcome to the land of smiles.  This is just one of the many things as foreigners we either need to accept or NOT.  It's the thai way of doing business.  NOTHING any foreigner will or can do to change this. Period!  I can only hope NO foreigner finds themselves in circumstances that complicate or injure their lives in such irreconcilable ways.  

48 minutes ago, mauGR1 said:

But he knew the cop knew his address.

Sometimes... in situations like this, time might help to decrease the instant rage. People take rash decisions at the spur of the moment, but a couple of seconds or minutes could make a difference... 

11 hours ago, Fex Bluse said:

One life wasted. No longtime Thailand expat thinks the cop will do more than a couple years and quietly be pardoned or let out. Who would follow up to make sure he's in jail longer? 

Killing farang and tourists is mostly free of penalty in Thailand. 

Killing Asians has a penalty only because Asians, and especially Chinese, will retaliate en masse by hurting the Thai economy, which is all Thais care about other than face (money) 

I get that you are disapproving of something, but what? Is it that killing farang is mostly free of penalty?  (I dropped "tourists since you contradict yourself in the next sentence) or is it because we, the farang are not up to par and do not retaliate en masse?  Doubt this will make you any less disapproving, but my experience no matter how plastered I am;  If I feel like belching on SoMe I always try to make sure I know why I am belching (doesn't work all the time) and ALWAYS check the direction of the wind before I puke. Just my pennies worth...

8 minutes ago, ravip said:

Sometimes... in situations like this, time might help to decrease the instant rage. People take rash decisions at the spur of the moment, but a couple of seconds or minutes could make a difference... 

I agree, having watched the shocking videos of the last moments of the poor guy, everyone is trying to figure what could have been his last thoughts.

Guess he realised the imminent danger, and tried the best to save his own life.

I just hope he can rest in peace

13 hours ago, SammyT said:

I can't believe he slowed to a walk only 20 metres after having a gun drawn on him and apparently fired in his direction. If it were me I'd be running faster than Scooby Doo when he sees a skeleton. 

Absolute coward act drawing a gun after a fist fight. Two lives wasted. 

Thai man don't think that way, loose of face means he need revenge, that's the reason he killed an unarmed foreigner. 

11 hours ago, notasmartassknowitallfarag said:

What a surprise all the Thais gang up on the foreigner. Still they are losing so they get a weapon. Happens every single time

They don't really gang up on the foreigner. They were intuitively protecting their fellow, just following the cultural guideline planted into their hearts by decades of patriotic and collectivist upbringing. You can't really blame then for that, because that won't raise critical reflection in the mentality. Thailand, right like many other cultures in Asia, is marked by high collectivism, low individualism, high power distance, and uncertainty avoidance based more on traditions and customs rather than laws. In contrast to the dominating traditionalism and collectivist mentality, the globalization and influx of smart ruse westerners, make Thais open their minds and communicate back with a lot of interest and passion, which is limited only by the force of cultural inertia. But, imagine the context once again. Soi 11, virtually the vice city, packed with criminals, beggars, hookers, drunkards and corrupted police. Early morning after a booze spree, sleepless night, conscience is sleepy. brain is half asleep, the animal instincts are on. No one should be surprised. The wrong cultural discourse, on the wrong time, at the wrong place. The murderer will be released soon, since he did not disrupt the bases of the Thai society. An alien is an alien. 

4 hours ago, mike787 said:

Welcome to the land of smiles.  This is just one of the many things as foreigners we either need to accept or NOT.  It's the thai way of doing business.  NOTHING any foreigner will or can do to change this. Period!  I can only hope NO foreigner finds themselves in circumstances that complicate or injure their lives in such irreconcilable ways.  

Good point! And ask oneself a question - do I really need this in my life? Will this cultural experience, no civil rights, always perceived as an alien, always taking care of immature someone, either a wife, or one's own kids, without being able to really influence both, ever bring do favor in one's life? There are many other cultures in the world, with more or less globally equalized rights for foreigners, as compared with locals, which offer more value, than just tasty diverse spicy food, hot sun, cheap hotels and amazing beaches. And smiles are free everywhere. 

3 minutes ago, epampersonal said:

Good point! And ask oneself a question - do I really need this in my life? Will this cultural experience, no civil rights, always perceived as an alien, always taking care of immature someone, either a wife, or one's own kids, without being able to really influence both, ever bring do favor in one's life? There are many other cultures in the world, with more or less globally equalized rights for foreigners, as compared with locals, which offer more value, than just tasty diverse spicy food, hot sun, cheap hotels and amazing beaches. And smiles are free everywhere. 

I feel a lot safer in LOS than anywhere in US. 

It is not only the police that kill anyone they want there, loonies are encouraged to buy weapons.

Hardly a day goes by without mass shootings. 

Give me LOS anytime.

I can tell the French guy has trained a martial art for sure, he got the better of the cop, and backed down as a normal fight may go, with honor intact.  Little did he know, Somchai would bring a gun to a punch up.  Proportionate response, why is it Thai's snap like this!?

Cheers

19 hours ago, Rimmer said:

At 0:52 it looks like he is given the gun and then at 0:55 take a shot at the French man who is running away and then what could be  another shot at 0:56  He then pursues him with gun in hand and they disappear of screen bottom left.

If you are correct that someone passed the cop a gun, that person should also be arrested with the charge accessory to murder.

I mean what did that person expect would happen? That person deserves some serious jail time. Indeed, the murder was NOT possible without the gun.

21 hours ago, SammyT said:

I can't believe he slowed to a walk only 20 metres after having a gun drawn on him and apparently fired in his direction. If it were me I'd be running faster than Scooby Doo when he sees a skeleton. 

Absolute coward act drawing a gun after a fist fight. Two lives wasted. 

..he needed to run 1200 feet per second.

Archived