"It wasn't my fault" - tour bus and truck driver both deny responsibility

webfact

"It wasn't my fault" - tour bus and truck driver both deny responsibility

8pm.jpg

Police in Thailand's north east are investigating an accident in which a double-decker tour bus headed for Sisaket collided with an 18 wheel truck. 

Fortunately only one tourist was slightly injured in the 7.30 am collision in Prasat district on the Si Khiw to Ubon Ratchathani Road (Route 24).

The tour bus has a party of Indonesian tourists.

Police will have to decide who was to blame between the truck driver and the tour bus driver - or maybe both. 

The tour bus driver blamed the truck for cutting in front of him. 

But the trucker dismissed this saying that the tour bus driver clearly fell asleep at the wheel.

Source: Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-12-14
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, webfact said:

But the trucker dismissed this saying that the tour bus driver clearly fell asleep at the wheel.

Was the trucker in the bus,how could he know that,and neither

played the "Brake failure" card.it does look like the truck pulled

in too soon.

regards Worgeordie

• Like 2

4 hours ago, marko kok prong said:

So now it will be the Indonesians telling everyone when they get home how crazy and dangerous it is here,add the French and Chinese,TAT must be in meltdown,but then again a huge surge in tourism is expected with the free visa,from places like San marino and Narua.

Indonesians will be too concerned with plane crashes to worry about driving accidents. 

7 hours ago, bheard said:

7.30am, maybe falling asleep is not the answer on this one. Incompetence on the part of both of 'em likely.
All buses should be equipped with front and rear facing cameras, that would normally fix the problem of BS excuses. And somehow they'd have to be tamperproof and checked to be functional at the beginning of each trip.
Oops, think I'm straying into the twilight zone here. . .

Sent from my H4133 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Twilight, more like la la... 

But you are correct, tamper proof tachographs and front / rear cameras - and driver IQ testing.. 

Edited by Artisi

22 hours ago, snooky said:

Just out of curiosity, has anyone here ever heard those four horrible, unpronounceable words - "It was MY fault" ?

No, and I've always wondered when/where they 'teach' their children this, is it done at home, preschool or somewhere else?

• Like 1