Norwegian woman suffers for two hours waiting for rescue after hotel fall

rooster59

Norwegian woman suffers for two hours waiting for rescue after hotel fall

aHR0cHM6Ly9zLmlzYW5vb2suY29tL25zLzAvdWQvMTUyMS83NjA5ODgyL2NhZGJzZi5qcGc=.jpg

Image: Sanook

Sanook reported that a Norwegian woman fell from the fourth floor of a Pattaya hotel early Friday morning. 

It was two hours before she was discovered lying in a crevice by the side of the hotel. 

She was covered in blood and seriously hurt. She was attended at the scene abound 6.30 am by Sawang Boriboon rescue services and taken to a local hospital. 

She had eventually been discovered by someone who alerted hotel security.

Sanook said there was no indication yet as to why the woman fell. 

Neither the woman nor the hotel was named.

Source: Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-12-15

8 minutes ago, watcharacters said:

Thailand should start to impose entry restrictions  against those inclined to fall from heights.

It's bad for the countries image.

How will that work I wonder?

Perhaps a check at immigration, refusing entry to those over a certain height who are top heavy?

Thailand should start to impose entry restrictions  against those inclined to fall from heights.

It's bad for the countries image.

They should start by installing safety rails at a reasonable height, rather than ones that stop midgets from going over the edge.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bluesofa said:

How will that work I wonder?

Perhaps a check at immigration, refusing entry to those over a certain height who are top heavy?

Replace the jetway from the plane to the terminal with a wooden plank.  Anyone falling off when disembarking can be scooped up and put straight back on the plane.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, ballpoint said:

Replace the jetway from the plane to the terminal with a wooden plank.  Anyone falling off when disembarking can be scooped up and put straight back on the plane.

Please no, I tend to lubricate myself to enable a good sleep!

34 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

What is facetiming?

Hotel is named now!

Video chatting. In other words she was so busy on her phone, that she did not pay attention and tossed herself off the building.

But its Thailands fault. Or the buildings. Not hers. The world needs to be a bubble so no one is responsible for their own stupidity.

6 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

Video chatting. In other words she was so busy on her phone, that she did not pay attention and tossed herself off the building.

But its Thailands fault. Or the buildings. Not hers. The world needs to be a bubble so no one is responsible for their own stupidity.

Ah thanks. Although I have noticed fire doors being left open by cleaning staff in hotels in Thailand, and on high floors can see the danger. I have closed a few myself as the wind can blow strongly through them. I have see older hotels with very poor fire escape stairs on the outside of buildings. 

Edited by jacko45k

Hoping she recovers ok, as she is lucky to be alive, A Thai lady died in Hua Hin yesterday from a fourth floor fall. 

However, I am reminded of those people who have fallen down holes, walked into lamp posts etc. because they have their nose buried in the mobile phone. 

I wonder what her insurance will say, assuming she has some.

Hoping she recovers ok, as she is lucky to be alive, A Thai lady died in Hua Hin yesterday from a fourth floor fall. 
However, I am reminded of those people who have fallen down holes, walked into lamp posts etc. because they have their nose buried in the mobile phone. 
I wonder what her insurance will say, assuming she has some.

Gofundme.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 1