No Income affidavit - balance to top up to 65k is from work

NoIncome Affidavit - Just realized for those whose on Retirement extension......

Current extension to stay was issued July 3 2018 and will need to renew July 3 2019 Correct?  See picture 

What option is best for me based on information given? #1 if appointments are available late December. 

1-Go to US Embassy Bangkok an get Income Affidavit and hope there accepted and renew end of June. Income work

outside of a thailand not below 210,000 baht a month but it’s currently deposited in USA bank. 

2-Income is from USA SSN which in my case almost meets the monthly requirement of 65k baht. Money will need to be added to reach requirement. What’s going to happen when you prove it and it’s for work not in Thailand but work?

Fortunateley I won’t be fully retired in mid to late 2019.

3- Currently work on projects outside of Thailand. On Retirement extension. When time comes to renew and you show money deposited into bank monthly is work.. Will you be questioned about working ? On bank statement where it came from. 

5D32A4FB-C410-49F5-94FC-843D8B62164F.jpeg

Edited by DJ54
Hit submit button accidentally

13 minutes ago, DJ54 said:

1-Go to US Embassy Bangkok an get Income Affidavit and hope there accepted and renew end of June. Income work

outside of a thailand not below 210,000 baht a month but it’s currently deposited in USA bank. 

You need to do an appointment now for December 20th to get the affidavit. That is the only day remaining that has appointments available (212 this morning) before the 1st of January when the stop doing them. See: https://th.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/acsappointment/

You can do the extension up to 30 days early so if you got a affidavit on the 20th it would be valid until June 20th.

2. There is no rule that you cannot combine incomes. Nothing wrong with using income earned from working outside the country. Show your total income on the income affidavit.

3. You will not be asked where your income is coming from.

• Thanks 2

9 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You need to do an appointment now for December 20th

Ubonjoe as I was posting I got on line a booked an appointment for

Dec. 20...  You may not remember the last extension renewal you gave me a plan and it work right on the day it needed to be

Thanks,

Dj

I don't understand. If the OP is earning 210,000 baht/month, and spending 70,000 baht per month in Thailand, he should be able to save the 800,000 baht for the alternative route to a retirement visa in six months. Why can't the OP save that much before next July?

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Lacessit said:

I don't understand. If the OP is earning 210,000 baht/month, and spending 70,000 baht per month in Thailand, he should be able to save the 800,000 baht for the alternative route to a retirement visa in six months. Why can't the OP save that much before next July?

He would actually need to save 800,000 THB before next April in order to meet the 3-month seasoning requirement. On the basis of 70,000 THB monthly spend he would fall short by 100,000 THB.

And were he to apply for his new retirement extension 30 days before his existing permission to stay expires, the 800,000 THB would need to be in his Thai bank account by next March - thus increasing the shortfall to 170,000 THB.

Edited by OJAS
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, OJAS said:

He would actually need to save 800,000 THB before next April in order to meet the 3-month seasoning requirement. On the basis of 70,000 THB monthly spend he would fall short by 100,000 THB.

And were he to apply for his new retirement extension 30 days before his existing permission to stay expires, the 800,000 THB would need to be in his Thai bank account by next March - thus increasing the shortfall to 170,000 THB.

You're right. Maybe he should have started saving earlier. Or reduce his expenditure to to meet the seasoning target.

28 minutes ago, onera1961 said:

Not all embassies. Four embassies

I believe we're waiting for the New Year deadline to discover Immigration's next move on what will constitute "proof of income".  Some embassies have elected to stop issuing them, but no alternative proof has yet been recommended as being acceptable to Immigration.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Lacessit said:

I suspect the money values are incomplete.  The OP has no expenses outside of Thailand back in the USA?  And why should he have to save it?  If one saves money each month, investing it in some decent interest or dividend returning investment is a better thing and a safer thing than locking it up in a Thai account