Forum upgrade in progress! ×

Renewal of Retirement Visa Early

Hello

Help appreciated.

I have read through several posts which indicate a retirement visa early from 30 to 45 days.

I will renewing mine next week early.

Is there a Thailand Government Website or document that gives the official number of days allowed.

Just in case I need a good place to refer to.

Thanks in advance

Cheers

No there isn't.

You can apply 30 days early at ALL offices.

That is known.

In some offices at some times, as early as 45 days is allowed.

The chances of that being allowed is increased if you present good evidence that is needed such as air tickets, etc.

Renewal of a retirement ext is usually a maximum of 30 days early. Some places will do 45 days, some require reason with proof to do more than 30 days,

Not sure showing a guy 'a reference' will help your cause!

Edited by jacko45k

To the OP, if by early you mean within 30 days, you have your answer. You're good to go and apply with confidence as it will be NO PROBLEM.

If you need between 30 and 45 days mention the office here. Someone might have a recent report. If not, you can visit the office in question and ASK THEM.

Yes it does vary by office and offices sometimes change policies.

But within 30 days at all office -- again, NO PROBLEM. 

Edited by Jingthing

3 hours ago, localexpat said:

Is there a Thailand Government Website or document that gives the official number of days allowed.

I've never seen anything published. I think it's down to the individual office to decide. Most offices these days seem to go to a maximum of 45 days. The standard practice is within the last 30 days.

IMO the 30 day 'rule' is simply because first time applicants using the bank deposit method need the first 60 days of their 90 day stay to 'season' the funds in the bank; therefore, they can't apply for the extension until they are within the last 30 days.