"Digital Age!": No longer necessary to have a Thai driving license with you from January

webfact

27 minutes ago, Prissana Pescud said:

If you see a new vehicle or a newly purchased second hand vehicle, the chances are that the paper work is done.

But the plates take some time to be delivered. They drive the car, bikes or scoots with the paperwork but not the plates.

Not condoning. This is a tiny poor country with 90 millions. Give them some slack with the admin details.

They are mostly motobikes and also not looking new. For myself it took about a week to get the new plates and for the car a red plate and 3 weeks later the normal one.

My neighbour has a red plate now but it's unreadable....how about that one? 

Also i every day see very crappy cars used for construction who don't have any plates and sure are not roadworthy. They also drive on the main roads.

And 90 million is sure not a small country.

Edited by fruitman
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, fruitman said:

They are mostly motobikes and also not looking new. For myself it took about a week to get the new plates and for the car a red plate and 3 weeks later the normal one.

My neighbour has a red plate now but it's unreadable....how about that one? 

Also i every day see very crappy cars used for construction who don't have any plates and sure are not roadworthy. They also drive on the main roads.

And 90 million is sure not a small country.

I stand by my post. I talked about a lot of new cars and recently purchased cars. And the fact they do not have plates.

And 90 million living in this tiny piece of earth means a huge population living in a small country. 

6 minutes ago, Chassa said:

60 years of carrying my licence now i've got to kick the habit. ( It lives in my wallet and i go nowhere without money, Guess i can handle the extra weight of a plastic card. )

Exactly, and i do forget my cellphone when it's on the charger...It also can run out of battery so the app wouldn't work at all.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Prissana Pescud said:

If you see a new vehicle or a newly purchased second hand vehicle, the chances are that the paper work is done.

But the plates take some time to be delivered. They drive the car, bikes or scoots with the paperwork but not the plates.

Not condoning. This is a tiny poor country with 90 millions. Give them some slack with the admin details.

"This is a tiny poor country with 90 millions"

I think you mean Vietnam, 95.5 m ? Thailand 69+ million 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, PatOngo said:

Unless 25 million Thais were born in the past month that I am unaware of, the population is 65 million!

Splitting hairs - 

• The current population of Thailand is 69,249,993 as of Sunday, December 16, 2018, based on the latest United Nations estimates.

http://www.worldometers.info/world-population/thailand-population/

• Confused 1

Good idea, But!

No doubt the RTP will simply take the phone and probably charge a much higher fine in order for the individual to retrieve their phone and sure as eggs are eggs, farang will be charge a much higher fine as is the usual victimization and racisium demonstrated by most RTP toward farang especially in such hot spots as Pattaya!

17 minutes ago, Sonhia said:

No doubt the RTP will simply take the phone and probably charge a much higher fine in order for the individual to retrieve their phone and sure as eggs are eggs, farang will be charge a much higher fine as is the usual victimization and racisium demonstrated by most RTP toward farang especially in such hot spots as Pattaya!

Racism? From Pattaya Police?? :unsure:

More than 10 years that I drive my bike in and around Pattaya.

I got stopped many times for documents-control,

but along with many Thai drivers,

and never got any fine. :cool:

Thank you Pattaya Police :smile:

• Like 1