Van driver killed, eight Korean tourists among injured in Chachoengsao accident

snoop1130

52 minutes ago, Burma Bill said:

Seriously, many of these "U" turns are extremely dangerous especially those where there are no filter lanes. On many occasions I have had to switch from the outside to the inside lane because of "overhang" from a vehicle wanting to do a "U" turn. 

"On many occasions I have had to switch from the outside to the inside lane..." 

Do you normally drive in the "outside" lane? 

I agree U turns can be dangerous, but any driver with their wits about them, especially in this country, should be aware of what is happening on the road ahead, behind and alongside. Mirrors help, but that rare commodity "common sense" seems to be in short supply.

• Thanks 1

I agree dotpoom but these senseless deaths & maiming still keep happening because the 

police have not been strict enough & now the drivers in Thailand think they can get away with anything. Last weekend I drove south about 600 Km & the only visible police are at a road block,

where everybody behaves themselves.

Until the police get out in mufti cars & do some real policing this carnage will never stop

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Artisi said:

Something amiss there, no mention of brake failure. 

Because driving over a certain speed the brakes are no longer useful. That the person who has already seen a van not driving at a crazy speed raises his hand ... Nobody? :smile:

They have recently installed seat belts in minivans and interprovinical buses.

Yesterday, wanting to spare mileage on my aging car,  I took a van into Bangkok and bus back. On both rides I was both the only farang and the only person wearing the seatbelt. ????

Won't stop accidents of course but will surely reduce fatalities in them.

• Like 2

Gives me cold shivers when I see U-turn drivers with their wheels turned directly into oncoming traffic instead of "parallel to".

Rear ender drives the waiting vehicle directly into on-coming.

Just zero knowledge of defensive driving. Happens everywhere.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Artisi said:

Something amiss there, no mention of brake failure. 

They didn't fail... he didn't even use them!

I'm glad the driver's dead... (apologies and deepest sympathy to his family from me)

as the police fail to do their duty it's the only way to get these idiots off the road.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Netease said:

Sorry I don't believe that, They just like to drive like a racing car driver, that's just my opinion

You are correct, the owners of these mini-vans always emphasis to their drivers, "please take as much time as you like for the trip, the next load of passengers don't mind waiting and besides, I'm not really interested in maximising my profits". 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1