Van driver killed, eight Korean tourists among injured in Chachoengsao accident

snoop1130

Van driver killed, eight Korean tourists among injured in Chachoengsao accident

By The Nation

42abe29c9dc69b7a929bc6bf976f9127.jpeg

Photo credit: js100.com

Eight South Korean tourists were injured when the speeding van they were travelling in hit the rear of a pickup truck making a U-turn and a motorcycle, before colliding with a concrete barrier on a road in Chachoengsao on Monday.

The driver of the van, Sangworn Chancharoen, 56, was killed in the accident, which occurred at kilometre marker No 48 on Bang Na-Trat Road in Bang Pakong district’s Tambon Bang Pakong at noon.

Police said four of the Koreans were severely injured, while the other four suffered less serious injuries.

The eight were rushed to Chularat 11 Hospital.

Motorcyclist Prawit Jidcharoen, 40, suffered a broken left leg and was rushed to Bang Pakong Hospital.

Police said Sanon Polchai, 40, the driver of the pickup truck involved in the accident, and two of his passengers were also injured and taken to Chularat 11 Hospital.

Sanon told police that he had been making a U-turn when the speeding van hit his pickup, causing the van to hit the motorcycle and lose control before crashing into the road barrier.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30360567

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-12-17

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, berybert said:

Not easy to mention your brakes failed if you're dead

Dead or not, it's the easiest way out for all concerned with any (unlikely) indepth 5 minute   accident cause investigation. 

49 minutes ago, notasmartassknowitallfarag said:

Can they not get competent drivers for tourists minivans. Train them properly! Take thier licence away. Not one of them can drive safely. 

Do you think taking their license away will stop them from driving?I don't think so.

3 minutes ago, Chris Lawrence said:

Sorry to hear the deaths of the Korean Tourists. RIP. Leading up to a bad time on Thai roads.

The minister will have to put the Koreans on his list along with the Chinese and the French.

No Korean tourists died,just the van driver.

13 hours ago, Artisi said:

Something amiss there, no mention of brake failure. 

I sometimes wonder what does it take for a subject to be so tragic...that maybe it's a good idea to skip the "smart alecky" remarks...just this one time, just out of respect alone for the deceased and injured?

Condolences to the families of the deceased..and hopefully a full recovery for the injured.

12 hours ago, Odysseus123 said:

Nevertheless four of them were severely injured.

The South Koreans are mad facebookers/social media posters too...this will get around

A poll held by airlines resulted in, a person who made a bad experience will tell 14 to 16 people about it. But that was way before social media became a tool to do the job.

13 hours ago, notasmartassknowitallfarag said:

Can they not get competent drivers for tourists minivans. Train them properly! Take thier licence away. Not one of them can drive safely. 

The drivers are under tremendous pressure to complete the runs as quick as possible to maximize profit for the van company.  But I guess the idea of taking the van company to court doesn't work here.  So, more energy shots, pedal to the medal, and yaba for overtime.  Good luck passengers!

minibuses are death traps, and should carry a government warning above the door '' do not enter unless you want  to die'' i would never travel in one. people post clips where the driver is driving like a di*k and yet they stay on the minibus. look at the clip recently where the driver was filmed with his son driving, no-one demanded he stop, and yes it was a big bus and not a minibus.

the problem with Thailand is that the average drivers brain is slower than the vehicle he/she is driving, they drive as if there is a force field around the vehicle.

41 minutes ago, steve187 said:

minibuses are death traps

The government should make it mandatory that any minibus fare should include a no fault one-way trip travel insurance to cover injury or death, ie., One Million baht for death.

If minibus businesses can't survive because of such insurance, lives will be saved.

1 hour ago, HarryWho said:

The drivers are under tremendous pressure to complete the runs as quick as possible to maximize profit for the van company.  But I guess the idea of taking the van company to court doesn't work here.  So, more energy shots, pedal to the medal, and yaba for overtime.  Good luck passengers!

Sorry I don't believe that, They just like to drive like a racing car driver, that's just my opinion

23 minutes ago, Srikcir said:

The government should make it mandatory that any minibus fare should include a no fault one-way trip travel insurance to cover injury or death, ie., One Million baht for death.

If minibus businesses can't survive because of such insurance, lives will be saved.

I agree..

But I am simply stunned by the Thai indifference to their own personal safety.

My Thai wife sent me a video recently which appears to show that NOT ONE of the so-called middle class passengers (including herself) were wearing  seatbelts.(hired van)

I gave up on them a long time again ago.

Now I say.."You die,you die..don't expect me to turn up and contribute money for your funeral...it ain't gonna happen."

15 hours ago, notasmartassknowitallfarag said:

Who will train the untrained?

Archived