Wood Carvings wanted for Bed

sprog1

Hi, I'm just about to make a four poster bed, I have the wood, Teak, & I've just ordered the posts, but I can't find the carvings I want.

I will make the swan/ goose neck moulding, but the carving I need sits in  the middle of the swan neck moulding on the head & foot board

& is fan/shell shaped.

I have attached a picture of a bed with the similar carving at the centre.

Any idea where I can buy in Thailand, online if Poss.

I will be in Chang Mia on a bike tour Sat 22nd Dec, is there anywhere up there I can find.

Thanks everyone

four poster bed 2.jpg

If you are heading to CM then I can steer you to a few places.

The small pre made mouldings pictured above they sell in the local big wood yard, Suksawad.

If you want a large moulding then I would try Malika Furniture,  they hand carve mouldings onto beds, chair arms, headboards, and very likely will carve you exactly what you want.

Then we have Ban Tawaii craft village, they make anything and everything that involves trees.

One full day should be enough to whizz around all three places, but three is better.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sometimewoodworker said:

Take the most detailed pictures you can and go to wood street it is quite possible you will find something close enough if not the same, and if you take an enthusiastic Thai speaker with you, you maybe be able to arrange for someone there to produce copies.

Thanks, but where is wood street? I will be staying in one of the hotels near the bars, so is it easy to get to by Taxi?

Poster "eyecatcher" has given you the correct suggestion of Ban Tawaii Village. If you can't find it there, it doesn't exist! And if it doesn't exist, chances are you will find a wood carver there who will custom carve it for you. There are hundreds and hundreds of shops, 30 to 45 minutes from the old city.

36 minutes ago, eyecatcher said:

If you are heading to CM then I can steer you to a few places.

The small pre made mouldings pictured above they sell in the local big wood yard, Suksawad.

If you want a large moulding then I would try Malika Furniture,  they hand carve mouldings onto beds, chair arms, headboards, and very likely will carve you exactly what you want.

Then we have Ban Tawaii craft village, they make anything and everything that involves trees.

One full day should be enough to whizz around all three places, but three is better.

Thanks eyecatcher, not sure how much time I will have, but it's only going to be half a day at the most

2 minutes ago, neeray said:

Poster "eyecatcher" has given you the correct suggestion of Ban Tawaii Village. If you can't find it there, it doesn't exist! And if it doesn't exist, chances are you will find a wood carver there who will custom carve it for you. There are hundreds and hundreds of shops, 30 to 45 minutes from the old city.

Thanks Neeray