Bad Day at Jomtien Immigration - Non O Visa.

6 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Jomtien has been reported as wanting the 800k baht in the bank for 2 months when you apply for the non immigrant visa.

I am surprised they didn't hint that some amount of Baht would take of the problem.

Ubonjoe,

I Was offered at Photocopy Shop as. An Option.

I choose not to take it.

So sit wait and try again.

Hope this helps someone else and save the greif.

Changbeer4me

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, hereforgood said:

My apologies I agree his information is very helpful I thought you showed the immigration official something that he had directly posted which would not have really mattered. Unfortunately here regardless of what the official rules might be every office seems to be doing things the way they want to do it. Again not trying to slight ubonjoe I have learned from him on this forum and he is a wealth of information to others as well just a misunderstanding I hope you do get your situation cleared up.

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk

No Apologies needed Hereforgood.

I read of the carbon copy of my situation and was merely 

posting for Ubonjoe and others to read and avoid the same situation.

Thanks for your well wishes apperciate it

Kind Regards

Changbeer4me

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Changbeer4me said:

She is an Australian Citzen and showed her Australan Passport.

You wrote this which indicates she is a Thai citizen.

1 hour ago, Changbeer4me said:

Now this where is just blowes my mind my Defaco partner is told to go

and get 12 mth visa as she has a Thai ID Card and House Book.

That is why she can get a 12 month extension as a returning Thai national.

Why didn't she use a Thai passport to enter the country?

• Like 1

Changbeer. Could you clear up a question in case I run into someone in similar situation. Its not question about the 2 month money in bank (bummer break). The thing I want clarification on is your partners non o that is based on being "married" to you. I thought that Thai imm only recognised marriage and not de-facto. Is the marriage requirement only for Thai citizen

Edited by DrJack54
Error

13 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Changbeer. Could you clear up a question in case I run into someone in similar situation. Its not question about the 2 month money in bank (bummer break). The thing I want clarification on is your partners non o that is based on being "married" to you. I thought that Thai imm only recognised marriage and not de-facto. Is the marriage requirement only for Thai citizen

OPs wife is most likely a Thai / Australian dual citizen, used her Australian passport when entering Thailand (for whatever reason) and now got a one year extension for being a Thai citizen

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

You wrote this which indicates she is a Thai citizen.

That is why she can get a 12 month extension as a returning Thai national.

Why didn't she use a Thai passport to enter the country.

As has been posted on a number of ocassions and everyone has a diifernt view.  BUt we alaways choose the Auatralian papssport so in the event of needing Emergency Assistance from the Australian Embassy she comes and goes on the Australian Passport  so to avoid being refused assistance from Australian Embassy.

Changbeer4me

Thanks for the update.  So, nothing has changed in this regard - made-up rules that directly contract the official rules (just like the Bangkok airport entry-points) or pay 15K to 25K through the "copy shop" agent.  "No Tips," indeed!!

Your other option is to go out for a Non-O from a Thai-consulate - which is how I worked-around that desk at that office (wouldn't accept my income-letter with backup-evidence last year). 

As your extension is "retirement" - you should be good to go after this hurdle, unless something changes.  That desk has good reports for years.

21 minutes ago, Changbeer4me said:

As has been posted on a number of ocassions and everyone has a diifernt view.  BUt we alaways choose the Auatralian papssport so in the event of needing Emergency Assistance from the Australian Embassy she comes and goes on the Australian Passport  so to avoid being refused assistance from Australian Embassy.

Changbeer4me

My wife always enters Thailand on her Thai passport but as a British Citizen she is still entitled to all services from the British Embassy, little though those services are nowadays.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, JackThompson said:

Thanks for the update.  So, nothing has changed in this regard - made-up rules that directly contract the official rules (just like the Bangkok airport entry-points) or pay 15K to 25K through the "copy shop" agent.  "No Tips," indeed!!

Your other option is to go out for a Non-O from a Thai-consulate - which is how I worked-around that desk at that office (wouldn't accept my income-letter with backup-evidence last year). 

As your extension is "retirement" - you should be good to go after this hurdle, unless something changes.  That desk has good reports for years.

I picked that up today not many happy people from desk7 , but smiling friendly faces and happy people leaving desk 8.

Thanks for advice and well wishes JackThompson

Regards

Changbeer4me

1 hour ago, Gerd Schuessler said:

Is your request for nonimmigrant O retirement based? If so, I have had exactly the same problem with the same lady at counter 7 as you did.  She was rude and shouted on me.... I have the feeling that they want to make it difficult to those applicants applying in Jomtien to this type of visa and that they are particular interested that the money in the bank book is coming from your account overseas. Visit her again and and show her their own application guide (where such requirement is not mentioned) and ask her that you want to talk to her boss...after several uncomfortable visits I got my visa...

I had the official form also (from the front desk, given the prior week) - she set that aside, along with my embassy letter, bank-books, etc - and handed me "her form" (right off the laser printer), with a different set of requirements.

Amazing that you bulldozed through that firewall - good show!  Kudos!

• Thanks 2