Thai Woman Beaten To Death In Tokyo: Japanese Media

webfact

Thai Woman Beaten To Death In Tokyo: Japanese Media

By Jintamas Saksornchai, Staff Reporter

image-22-1-696x392.jpg

A still image from Japanese media taken outside a hotel in Tokyo where a Thai woman was reportedly found unconscious with serious injuries in a hotel room. She later died. Image: Tokyo MX News / YouTube

BANGKOK — A 19-year-old Thai woman died yesterday in Tokyo, the Foreign Affairs Ministry confirmed Thursday, after Japanese media said she was severely beaten in a hotel.

The woman, who hasn’t been identified, died Wednesday night at a hospital, according to ministry spokeswoman Busadee Santipitaks, citing the Thai Embassy in Tokyo. She said the woman’s family has been notified but released no further details except to say full autopsy results were expected from Japanese authorities.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/2018/12/20/thai-woman-beaten-to-death-in-tokyo-japanese-media/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2018-12-20

I have several of my students/old students on internships in Japan so this made me a little worried, then I read that it's just a tourist so mai pen rai... just adopting to the Thai mentality we usually see when it's a tourist/foreigner that is injured/killed...

She was a working girl who should have been warned by her Thai sisters that Japanese men have tempers as short as their ding-dong. Sad for such a young girl to meet such an end. Hopefully the Japanese man dies from his fall and comes from a rich family so the Thai girl's family may get some recompense. No prostitution in Japan, just expensive 'short time rooms'.

6 minutes ago, Fex Bluse said:

Well, at least the Thais don't have to worry about the Japanese police covering up the murder to protect the image of the nation or some other such Thai rubbish. 

think again...

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/Osaka-police-hide-81000-crimes-to-clean-up-image-30239996.html

Edited by manarak
  • Like 2

42 minutes ago, manarak said:

I thought again, and I maintain my position. 

Japan, is not known for covering up murders of foreign tourists or expats to protect the image of the country and their tourism industry. 

While they are, like all Asians, and especially east Asians, quite xenophobic, they do at least generally follow laws and display a degree of honor in doing so. 

It is irresponsible to compare the Thais, who are primitive by comparison, to the Japanese, in almost any metric and especially crime.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, sanemax said:

What did this guy not "tolerate" ? 

14 hours ago, sanemax said:

What did this guy not "tolerate" ? 

I would say just about any number of things that the rest of us will usually tolerate from Thai women.

9 hours ago, Fex Bluse said:

I thought again, and I maintain my position. 

Japan, is not known for covering up murders of foreign tourists or expats to protect the image of the country and their tourism industry. 

While they are, like all Asians, and especially east Asians, quite xenophobic, they do at least generally follow laws and display a degree of honor in doing so. 

It is irresponsible to compare the Thais, who are primitive by comparison, to the Japanese, in almost any metric and especially crime.

hilarious reply !

• Thanks 1