Why are you making us study English at a Thai university? complain students

webfact

40 minutes ago, happy chappie said:

Ok make it five words.they will all pass with flying colours anyway.all I can say is it's not what you know but who you know to get ahead in this country.

Would that be 'any five words'? Or could it be cat, mat, hat, sat and bat.

Even 500 words could be easy, but what would be the use? These Thais just don't get it.

Edited by owl sees all
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, KiChakayan said:

Ok, but I think your post misses the point: English is the de facto medium of communication on our planet. I reckon it should be taught as "World language", and should be considered as important as Maths and Mother tongue.

And please don't say I am imperialistic, my Mother tongue was German and I was educated in French.

How is "If you want to be a commercial pilot, for example, you must know English ..." missing the point?

• Confused 1

12 minutes ago, Bill Miller said:

I have heard that most of my life.
I have had several jobs where I was doing the work and had the sudden realization, "Hey! That's algebra!"
Building a cabin on my retirement property: calculating roof pitch, estimating quantities of materials, many calculations familiar to carpenters.... all algebra or trigonometry.

Fortunately you just put the figures into an app these days!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bill Miller said:

How is "If you want to be a commercial pilot, for example, you must know English ..." missing the point?

It does, in that you restrict the requirement to one profession. What we need is a language that enables all humans to communicate and exchange with each other. 

But no worries mate, if we disagree.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1