Drones, street vendors banned for Pattaya Countdown

Rimmer

Drones, street vendors banned for Pattaya Countdown

image.png

PATTAYA:--Aerial photo drones, Wi-Fi cameras and street vendors will be banned from the Pattaya Countdown 2019 zone at Bali Hai Pier on New Year’s Eve.

Pattaya officials said the prohibitions were to ensure safety for concert-goers as well as keep traffic moving.

pattaya_mail_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Pattaya Mail 2018-12-21

I understand the drone thing, But why hurt the poor street vendors??!! Are only the rich allowed to make a profit out of this period? Without the street vendors it will be just another boring city..
What profit are the "rich" making? Street vendors are squatting on footpaths, no tax, feed the rat population by dumping oil and scraps and have zero hygiene checks.
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, LongTang said:

I understand the drone thing, But why hurt the poor street vendors??!! Are only the rich allowed to make a profit out of this period? Without the street vendors it will be just another boring city..

LOL. So the difference between a boring city and an exciting one is street vendors? It's a shame they can't get rid of them all year around. The community will be healthier for it.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, LongTang said:

Depends what type. If they bring carts and such with them they can be quite a hazard in the crowds. A few years ago it was so bad people were nearly falling off the pier, getting home was easy, you just lifted your feet off the ground and off you went! 

On 12/21/2018 at 8:05 PM, madmen said:
On 12/21/2018 at 5:31 PM, LongTang said:

What profit are the "rich" making? Street vendors are squatting on footpaths, no tax, feed the rat population by dumping oil and scraps and have zero hygiene checks.

What profit?? How about all the tourists that fill the shopping malls, restaurants and fastfood chains. I'm sure their owners are making a very nice income. 

Other that that your description is appalling and is as far from reality as could be. For all the many years i have been in Thailand i never had any problems from street food.

The food that is being eaten in villages a cross Thailand is clean fresh and healthy. And this cooking culture is the one used by these street vendors.

23 hours ago, tropo said:

LOL. So the difference between a boring city and an exciting one is street vendors? It's a shame they can't get rid of them all year around. The community will be healthier for it.

Well, how about Kao-San road and Bangkok in general?

Whether you like them or not it seems most people do think they are an attraction..

I watched yesterday as the outdoor dinners at coffee club suffered while a street vendor with his BBQ chicken cart ,parked directly ''up wind''........Most of us enjoy street LIFE in thailand , but like everything in LOS ...the lawless ,disprespectful idiots ruin it .

24 minutes ago, mok199 said:

I watched yesterday as the outdoor dinners at coffee club suffered while a street vendor with his BBQ chicken cart ,parked directly ''up wind''........Most of us enjoy street LIFE in thailand , but like everything in LOS ...the lawless ,disprespectful idiots ruin it .

If that is Markland at Soi 1, the chicken vendors had their pitch long before the Aussie franchised and overpriced Coffee Club rocked up. Guess which is the busiest and will still be there in a year from now.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, champers said:

If that is Markland at Soi 1, the chicken vendors had their pitch long before the Aussie franchised and overpriced Coffee Club rocked up. Guess which is the busiest and will still be there in a year from now.

haha...yes his BBQ is the best,and over 10 years on that corner,he is a great guy and we all love him. but my point is his smoke ,and he should be more aware and respectful ,no one ( NOT EVEN HIM) enjoys it in their face.Coffee club has spent millions on renos, it is beautyful and has improved the estetics of that corner, we all wish it success .Its a BIG corner ,the wind changes direction ,he is on a scooter and very mobile ,cant he just nudge over a few feet....defiance is childish ....have a good one sir