All National Museums, Historical Parks Free 4 Days

webfact

All National Museums, Historical Parks Free 4 Days

By Chayanit Itthipongmaetee, Staff Reporter

30052138_1847332535319246_14686562579234

BANGKOK — No plans for the long holiday yet? Consider visiting national museums and historical parks since they will waive admission fees nationwide – for everyone.

From Dec. 29 through Jan. 1, residents and tourists – Thais and foreigners – can access all national museums and historical parks for free.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/featured/2018/12/21/all-national-museums-historical-parks-free-4-days/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2018-12-21

1 minute ago, Pattaya46 said:

Could be a good opportunity of visit.

What would be interesting now is a list of concerned parks and museums... :unsure:

apparently that the list only holds 11 names; but where is that List??

still, would have been handy last month at Khao Phra Wihan N.Pk

Had a car full of us falang, with some of local family; cost 2000 baht just to get in the park itself

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/21/2018 at 11:10 AM, webfact said:

No plans for the long holiday yet? Consider visiting national museums and historical parks since they will waive admission fees nationwide

“Holy shit!” is what I first said. Seeing this scene at Phu Soi Dao National Park immediately reminded me of my time with Uncle Sam as a paratrooper and then walking miles with a ton of gear. Now, I am glad that I am getting older and don’t have to do that for a living anymore.

We had been camping close by and left yesterday to beat the crowds and I'm glad because they had started pouring in. For people who wanted to camp at the top of the mountain, help from Thai bearers were available. After these guys were loaded up, they begin the trek which normally takes about four hours. They get paid B30 per kilogram. Once the recycled rice bags are packed the loads can weigh up to 50 kilograms. When asked why they don’t wear any shirts the response was that shirts get too sweaty and causes the bags to slip down while walking.

One guy in his 40s said that he tries to to get as many trips as possible throughout the month to help supplement his farming income. It depends on the weather he said.

And no, I did not walk up the mountain just to see the view...

bearers.JPG

bearers3.JPG

Edited by missoura
  • Like 2