TM30 - reporting address

Is there any way for us to do a TM30 to report our address to immigration online, or do we have to go to immigration and wait a few hours in the queue to report our address? I believe hotels can do it online, not sure about if landlords and real estate agents but what about us when we re-enter the country or come back from staying at a hotel?

23 minutes ago, Robins said:

The hell with it, i'm not going to worry about it. I'm not a criminal on parole and wont tolerate being treated like one. The first time some petty bastard tried to fine me for going away for the weekend it would be time to find another place to live. 

I guess you don't live under Jomtien Immigration then. Apparently Jomtien is fining everyone they can. I've seen it in person and lots of reports have been mentioned here as well. A 1,600 baht fine to the tenant (foreigner), not to the owner of the condo.

Edited by bbi1
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, bbi1 said:

Do they have an English version as that link is all in Thai?

There is no English version. If you click biggest button here it takes you to application page that is in Thai with some of it in English. image.png.a10ff1ca70b71b17b39ebcc6cec18237.png

I have seen no reports of Jomtien registering individuals.

I don't think Jomtien wants a report after you travel within the country. Only if you leave and re-enter the country.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

There is no English version. If you click biggest button here it takes you to application page that is in Thai with some of it in English. image.png.a10ff1ca70b71b17b39ebcc6cec18237.png

I have seen no reports of Jomtien registering individuals.

I don't think Jomtien wants a report after you travel within the country. Only if you leave and re-enter the country.

Doesn't staying at a hotel mean that your address has changed to the hotel address then you need to change your address back to your condo where you live again? Eg. live in Jomtien then stay in a hotel in BKK/Phuket/wherever then go back to do a 30 day extension at Jomtien and then they will say you are registered at that hotel and never changed it back therefore give us 1,600 baht fine then we will be able to process your 30 day extension?

4 minutes ago, bbi1 said:

Doesn't staying at a hotel mean that your address has changed to the hotel address then you need to change your address back to your condo where you live again?

A report done by a hotel online does not change your registered address. The only way a local immigration office would know you had stayed in a hotel would be if they searched the database where those reports are stored.

Jomtien at one time was reported as doing it but that was some time ago.

• Like 1

I was in Hua Hin immigration a couple of weeks ago and asked the IO if i needed to re-report my address when i returned to Thailand and she said it was not neccersary unless it was a different address. However i realise different officed have different rules.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

A report done by a hotel online does not change your registered address. The only way a local immigration office would know you had stayed in a hotel would be if they searched the database where those reports are stored.

Jomtien at one time was reported as doing it but that was some time ago.

So why would your registered address change if you fly out and back into Thailand and go back to the same condo as was reported to them before? Wouldn't it be the same in the system at Jomtien Immigration (or anywhere else) but they still require you to go there to report it again otherwise they fine you?

Edited by bbi1

1 hour ago, Robins said:

The hell with it, i'm not going to worry about it. I'm not a criminal on parole and wont tolerate being treated like one. The first time some petty bastard tried to fine me for going away for the weekend it would be time to find another place to live. 

time to go shopping for some new luggage....   

actually.... MOST  immig offices PRESENTLY only want you to report  when re-entering the country from abroad

Edited by rumak

14 minutes ago, bbi1 said:

So why would your registered address change if you fly out and back into Thailand and go back to the same condo as was reported to them before? Wouldn't it be the same in the system at Jomtien Immigration (or anywhere else) but they still require you to go there to report it again otherwise they fine you?

You would not be asked for a new report unless you went to immigration to do something (extension or 90 day for example) and they notice you had done a new entry. That is when you could be fined for not doing the report.

9 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You would not be asked for a new report unless you went to immigration to do something (extension or 90 day for example) and they notice you had done a new entry. That is when you could be fined for not doing the report.

Yes, this is exactly how they are doing it at Phetchabun Immigration, fining all if not reporting within 24 hours of arriving at your home address. Just flown in myself, drove up Christmas day to IO and did report. Copies of all stamped pages of passport, ID page, copies of wife's ID and tabienbaan, signed by her. Plus filled in TM30. I asked the IMM Officer if could do by post , instead of 240km round road trip for a job that takes a few minutes to do,  'No', must do in person. 

As I had just returned from foreign trip,  a white piece of paper also stapled into passport, with 90 day report date stamped and reminder of financial penalties for not doing so.

I was going to pursue a line of, 'you think we cannot work out 90 days from entry date ourselves'

but wished them all a merry 'kissmus' instead.

45 minutes ago, bbi1 said:

Technically your stay at the registered address ends when you leave the country, and everything resets when you re-enter the country. So the address reporting laws kick in again and someone at the address you're staying at should report your arrival/stay. However, how the laws are enforced varies from office to office.

• Like 1

Just came back from a 4 day trip in Laos. I'd agreed with my Condo owner she'd do the reporting as it is the owners responsibility and they were told they could do it easily on line. As I crossed the border on Sunday  I sent her copies of the passport stamps and TM6.  She could not make the online system work so took time off work and went to immigration Tuesday  and did it there. But they told her I had to also go to get the "receipt of notification" stamped and signed with a new date. No part of the process has this as a requirement but yes I had to do it. So I queued for two hours today and we repeated what she did yesterday. Officially we were late even though we worked hard not to be. 

I'll have to go again next week after another trip.  It's clear that everyone involved thinks this is insane.  The Samut Prakan office has been redesigned to deal with a bunch of non fee earning paper work. There were 300 people notifying addresses  according to the ticket numbers today.  The person I travelled with lives 200 metres away in Bangkok. No notification required. My lease is up in January I may just move 200 metres. 

They have my address on a TM6, Visa extension, multiple reentry permit, condo lease , owner notification, bank account, car registration, insurance, phone registration, 2 x driving license.  Cant trust any of those so lets add another stamp on a form.

The pragmatic answer to the problem they are trying to solve is to get everyone to do 90 day reporting regardless of travel in and out. Verify your address every 90 days and within  7 days  when you permanently change accommodation.  Do a few random checks to keep people honest. Fine and ban those who abuse the system.  

2 hours ago, rumak said:

time to go shopping for some new luggage....   

actually.... MOST  immig offices PRESENTLY only want you to report  when re-entering the country from abroad

Phitsanulok have never asked me to re-do a TM30 in SIX times I have been to UK. They did the re-entry permit for me.

23 minutes ago, wgdanson said:

Phitsanulok have never asked me to re-do a TM30 in SIX times I have been to UK. They did the re-entry permit for me.

I went to Phuket for 90 day report,no fine for not informing of my trip to Penang and I used 90 day from re entry date, they were flat out tho.

A few days ago I went to the Suphanburi IO for my first ever 90 day report. I have never filled in any other notification and my wife came armed with authorisation from her father to do a TM30. I fully expected to have to pay a fine.

The most onerous thing I had to do was to figure out to take a paper number near the door and the lady at the counter was calling for the numbers in Thai only. She looked up my details on the computer and the paperwork was done within minutes.

I asked whether I can do it online from now on and she said the system didn't work even for her ...

????:wai:????

• Like 1

3 hours ago, phutoie2 said:

Yes, this is exactly how they are doing it at Phetchabun Immigration, fining all if not reporting within 24 hours of arriving at your home address. Just flown in myself, drove up Christmas day to IO and did report. Copies of all stamped pages of passport, ID page, copies of wife's ID and tabienbaan, signed by her. Plus filled in TM30. I asked the IMM Officer if could do by post , instead of 240km round road trip for a job that takes a few minutes to do,  'No', must do in person. 

As I had just returned from foreign trip,  a white piece of paper also stapled into passport, with 90 day report date stamped and reminder of financial penalties for not doing so.

I was going to pursue a line of, 'you think we cannot work out 90 days from entry date ourselves'

If I was going to live in the absolute middle of nowhere I would rather just pay the 1,600 baht fine the next time I go for an extension of stay then waste a day or two driving to and from Immigration. It would probably cost you that much in petrol anyway, not to mention that day or two driving, not including the few hours at Immigration.

• Like 2

I have read somewhere that if the nearest IO is "too far" away you can also report to the nearest police station. Also, when the IOs are closed (weekends, holidays) that would be the only option to stay within the 24h.

4 minutes ago, beddhist said:

I have read somewhere that if the nearest IO is "too far" away you can also report to the nearest police station. Also, when the IOs are closed (weekends, holidays) that would be the only option to stay within the 24h.

If you try to do that it is very likely they (police station) will look at you like you are some kind of ALIEN

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, beddhist said:

Most police station would not have a clue about the TM30 report.

Immigration considers that if there is immigration office in the province where you are living you have to do it at that office.

Immigration does not expect you to report within 24 hours of arriving at your residence if is a holiday or weekend.

On 12/26/2018 at 3:47 PM, bbi1 said:

I guess you don't live under Jomtien Immigration then. Apparently Jomtien is fining everyone they can. I've seen it in person and lots of reports have been mentioned here as well. A 1,600 baht fine to the tenant (foreigner), not to the owner of the condo.

I am, but I probably won't be for long.  I've had enough of this xenophobic crap.  The biggest thing keeping me here is a couple of 10 year old dogs I could not bring myself to abandon and which will be hard to ship elsewhere.    

Edited by Robins
  • Like 1

On 12/26/2018 at 5:12 PM, phutoie2 said:

Then she is not correct. We just sent our to immigration and received it back in the post. Send to them with a 10 baht stamped addressed envelope and by EMS and it will come back. We used this link;

https://www.immigration.go.th/content/การแจ้งที่พักคนต่างด้าว

The address is only on the Thai version.

On 12/26/2018 at 4:45 PM, ubonjoe said:

Joe, any clarity on whether Chaengwattana Immigration in BKK has or has not begun requiring TM30s?  They certainly never have in the past at least for tenant/renters.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

1 hour ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Joe, any clarity on whether Chaengwattana Immigration in BKK has or has not begun requiring TM30s?  They certainly never have in the past at least for tenant/renters.

I have seen a few reports in the past of it being needed for those applying for an extension based upon marriage and more recently for some applying for non immigrant visas based upon qualifying for an extension based upon retirement.

I saw one from yesterday of them wanting one for a those applying for tourist visa or visa exempt entries.

I suspect those that have been on extensions of stay for some period of time may be considered grandfathered unless they change addresses and fail to report it.

• Thanks 1