In a first, Trump makes surprise visit to U.S. troops in Iraq

webfact

3 minutes ago, Srikcir said:

Let's compare:

Former President Barack Obama traveled to Iraq in April 2009, just a few months after taking office

Trump - “I will do that at some point, but I don’t think it’s overly necessary,” Trump said. “I’ve been very busy with everything that’s taking place here … I’m doing a lot of things. But it’s something I’d do. And do gladly."

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/pentagon-congress/2018/10/17/top-senate-democrat-urges-trump-to-visit-troops-fighting-overseas/

Thine name is shame.

That isnt "shamed" into doing something though .

People using the word "shamed" are just looking to add negative abuse to the story

• Like 2

Just now, riclag said:

Patriotic Applause and proper respect for one of the greatest pro military commander and chief's' ever!

Yes, he has heroically and unashamedly revealed sensitive information endangering the troops that lesser commander-in-chiefs understood was better left undisclosed.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sanemax said:

That isnt "shamed" into doing something though .

People using the word "shamed" are just looking to add negative abuse to the story

I think a very good case could be made for it. Especially since the visit only happened after it was being repeatedly raised as an issue. What took him so long?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

I think a very good case could be made for it. Especially since the visit only happened after it was being repeatedly raised as an issue. What took him so long?

Other more important issues to deal with , like arranging for the troops to go home ?

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

Yes, he has heroically and unashamedly revealed sensitive information endangering the troops that lesser commander-in-chiefs understood was better left undisclosed.

We all know he never reads books or security briefings, but with all the TVs he has on set to Fox News, you would think he would have watched at least one or two episodes of SEAL Team TV series (great series BTW).

1 hour ago, sanemax said:

As you dislike Donald , you are incapable of praising anything that he does , even begrudging admitting that he done something right , abuse needs to be added to even the praise out .

Donald wasnt "shamed" into visiting the troops , thats just the article also adding something negative , had Donald gone earlier to visit the troops , the media would probably have criticized him for wasting time going on holiday

I’ll praise him when he does something actually praise worthy. Not visiting the troops for two years is criticism worthy. Visiting the troops is what a president does—it’s part of his job, not praise worthy.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Thakkar said:

I’ll praise him when he does something actually praise worthy. Not visiting the troops for two years is criticism worthy. Visiting the troops is what a president does—it’s part of his job, not praise worthy.

Although this is a thread about Donald visiting the troops  .

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Kelsall said:

Trump never had anything against being in the military.  He just wanted to join at the highest possible level which he did in Jan 2017--as Commander in chief!  His trip to Iraq was excellent.

A coward as Chief Executive. Yes, excellent.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, riclag said:

I stand by my original post he isn't a coward and this is about visiting the troops!

He went to Iraq because he was shamed into doing so. He is a disgrace to the US and the West and to white men. Shame on those who still support him.:bah:

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Becker said:

He went to Iraq because he was shamed into doing so. He is a disgrace to the US and the West and to white men. Shame on those who still support him.:bah:

A coward is a coward is a coward. All service people know this. Seeing him emerge 50 years later as their Commander in Chief is something that chills service people to the bone.

• Like 2

In his speech to the troops. Trump told them that Americans are no longer the suckers. But apparently. he expected the troops to be. He told them that he had given them a 10% raise. Which was massively untrue. Actually the raise was 2.9%. Did he really expect them to believe that? Or did the big ignoramus actually believe it was true? Either way, somehow, I don't think that claim earned him the respect of the troops.

Trump, visiting troops in Iraq, makes false claims about raising military pay

The president also stated — incorrectly — that he had authorized the first military pay increase in a decade.

https://www.latimes.com/politics/la-na-pol-trump-troops-pay-20181227-story.html

Edited by bristolboy
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, keemapoot said:

A coward is a coward is a coward. All service people know this. Seeing him emerge 50 years later as their Commander in Chief is something that chills service people to the bone.

Nonsense he isn't a coward .   The Troops where chanting USA USA USA and rising and clapping their hands with approval when he appeared!

I never seen a President give so much praise for the people who protect America!

5 minutes ago, riclag said:

Nonsense he isn't a coward .   The Troops where chanting USA USA USA and rising and clapping their hands with approval when he appeared!

I never seen a President give so much praise for the people who protect America!

Because the troops were chanting usa usa usa and clapping their hands with approval when Trump appeared, therefore he isn't a coward? How does that work? He may or man not be a coward, but he certainly avoided putting his life in danger when he was called to do so. Not exactly a demonstration of bravery.

And the fact remains he either lied to the troops or demonstrated what an ignoramus he is.

This President is going to Germany after this and I expect more of the same from the troops there! Chants of USA,USA USA! This is the rally cry for people who care for America First and patriotic American's. God bless their service and respect of the POTUS

Edited by riclag