High Season - crazy amount of tourists these days

bbi1

28 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

Been around Koh Chang,  Koh Samet, Rayong and Chantaburi, quiet as the grave,  No high season in those places. It's not all about BKK, Pattaya and Phuket

It's not all about BKK, Pattaya and PhuketThank you Pilotman. My thoughts exactly. There's a whole country there to be considered.

Oh come on.  High season last from Nov-March.  Not just 2 weeks.  Just look at hotel prices if you don't believe me.  They charge more at that time because of lower vacancy.  No idea why some around here like to spread such inaccurate info claiming it's only 2 weeks...lol.  Super duper high season is only about 2 or 3 weeks but it's pretty busy the whole time from Nov-March.

2 minutes ago, neeray said:

It's not all about BKK, Pattaya and PhuketThank you Pilotman. My thoughts exactly. There's a whole country there to be considered.

And also lets see how long the halflife is for the crowd in Pattaya  ; New years eve  was a crowded chaotic mess in Pattaya, the next day it "looked" to be about half as crowded.

13 minutes ago, lapd said:

Oh come on.  High season last from Nov-March.  Not just 2 weeks.  Just look at hotel prices if you don't believe me.  They charge more at that time because of lower vacancy.  No idea why some around here like to spread such inaccurate info claiming it's only 2 weeks...lol.  Super duper high season is only about 2 or 3 weeks but it's pretty busy the whole time from Nov-March.

"Super duper high season is only about 2 or 3 weeks but it's pretty busy the whole time from Nov-March."

This statement sharply contrasts what I seem to recall reading on ThaiVisa over the last month and is certainly contracted by people who I talk to around Thailand. My friend in the hotel industry in Ao Nang Krabi tells me high season has been more like low season. Same for Chiang Mai.

Been around Koh Chang,  Koh Samet, Rayong and Chantaburi, quiet as the grave,  No high season in those places. It's not all about BKK, Pattaya and Phuket. 
It's always about BKK phuket and Pattaya.
If they were dead and the rest were busy then you would have to question Einsteins theory of relativity

1 hour ago, lamyai3 said:

I support single moms. 

I like that slogan reminds me of the reversable jackets of the early 90's.  In Pattaya you would be considered a pu$$y slayer and back home the respectable gentleman that pays his taxes for the welfare moms.

20 hours ago, neeray said:

"Super duper high season is only about 2 or 3 weeks but it's pretty busy the whole time from Nov-March."

This statement sharply contrasts what I seem to recall reading on ThaiVisa over the last month and is certainly contracted by people who I talk to around Thailand. My friend in the hotel industry in Ao Nang Krabi tells me high season has been more like low season. Same for Chiang Mai.

Locals have been complaining about not enough tourists since the beginning of time.  It is meaningless.  There will never be enough tourists for them.

On 1/2/2019 at 11:16 AM, neeray said:

It's actually hard to say if there are fewer people, or they just built too many more hotels.

Pattaya and Chiang Mai, there's been crazy building at both in the past five years.

same same in Hua Hin. fat Farang pigs in Bluport mall stuffing their faces with Burger King. 

some hot Russian 's with two or three kids dragging poor zombie Ivan dad around. 

Chinese completely unaware of their surroundings yelling and screaming at each other.

clueless low class fat Farang with no shirt walking around showing off his tan and man breasts.  

70 + year old Farang women wearing bikinis at the beach.:shock1:

middle eastern men wearing too much cologne and super tight fake Armani tee shirts.:bah:

[/url]  

Taxi driver ... great film ... Are you talking to me ?

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Archived