High Season - crazy amount of tourists these days

bbi1

Seems like there's a crazy amount of tourists these days in Pattaya. Been like this since just before Xmas. Central Festival is chocker blocked full of people, Sizzlers was absolutely full there too with maybe two empty tables just before 3pm when it's normally mostly empty, Beach Rd from evening until 1am has lots of people walking and standing around, Walking Street after midnight until 4am has so many people walking around you have to dodge them even more than normal. I wasn't here last year or previous years around this time. Is this normal from previous years or has everyone decided to come to Pattaya this year?

It would be more than surprising if the malls are not crowded at this time.

It is always important to check where people come from.

From tomorrow the long NYE weekend starts and a huge influx of Thai people to be expected. So if you find it crowded now, go and look again on Sunday (30).

Walking Street: cheap charlie tourists rubbernecking up and down, buying at 7/11, standing about and clogging the path.

Go and look inside the expensive GoGo bars (after happy hour) and see whether they are that packed.

There are these tourists and those tourists.

Of course Christmas time is busy, everywhere in the world practically. Last week , as reported by many people, most of Thailand resorts were pretty quiet for high season. Buisness needs to work more than a few weeks a year. If it carries on like this last two months, there’s going to be a lot of closures. I’m,booking for a few days in Bangkok next week, 4 stars all have room.

46 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

2 weeks at Xmas, 1 week at Songkran, 1 week at Loy Kratong, doesn't make for a very profitable tourist market.

..... and Chinese New Year ..... and Chinese Golden Week ..... and Russian Christmas ... etc ... etc.

I just left and found that it seemed like PARTY CENTRAL.  I will admit that I was not on walking street or that area.  Sorry done it got the t-shirt do not need it again.

I stayed at a hotel off the beach and was able to book a room with no trouble at the last minute.

There are a few things that I had to be used to being from the hicks (Rangsit)

First was the no meters in taxis thing.  man, these guys make a killing.  GF wanted to strangle one lad.

The other thing that I do not see a lot of is the 6 am got to have a beer crowd.

It just sort of made me look.  Are these expats with a problem or tourists that just want to be pissed the whole time they are here?

Going back for NYE and looking forward to it.

1 hour ago, kingstonkid said:

... The other thing that I do not see a lot of is the 6 am got to have a beer crowd. ...

You must have missed Nikom Court on Buakhao @ Soi Diana then.

nikoms.jpg.7daddfc6ab823e3fb1c09c479cab3e0b.jpg

But 6 a.m. is a wee bit early. Typically, the early birders go down Soi Honey for the morning Happy Ending massage BEFORE having the breakfast beer.

23 hours ago, bbi1 said:

Seems like there's a crazy amount of tourists these days in Pattaya.

same same in Hua Hin. fat Farang pigs in Bluport mall stuffing their faces with Burger King. 

some hot Russian <deleted>'s with two or three kids dragging poor zombie Ivan dad around. 

Chinese completely unaware of their surroundings yelling and screaming at each other.

clueless low class fat Farang with no shirt walking around showing off his tan and man breasts.  

70 + year old Farang women wearing bikinis at the beach.:shock1:

middle eastern men wearing too much cologne and super tight fake Armani tee shirts.:bah:

21 hours ago, BritManToo said:

2 weeks at Xmas, 1 week at Songkran, 1 week at Loy Kratong, doesn't make for a very profitable tourist market.

^^^

This about sums it up. Every year in Chiang Mai and then it just dies off. The real locals (the Thais) just tell me it is terrible the economy for them and it had gotten worse over the last four years. 

2 hours ago, kingstonkid said:

The other thing that I do not see a lot of is the 6 am got to have a beer crowd.

It just sort of made me look.  Are these expats with a problem or tourists that just want to be pissed the whole time they are here?

Mainly with problems and heavy drinkers. At my local coffee shop, they supply Leo Beers in red plastic cups at 7a.m as they are having a coffee. Soon as the local watering holes open up, they are off to drink most of the day. I really do not know how they can do it but they do. I just hear the same story rambled on with the same groups when having a coffee when I am in town. It is like Ground Hog Day.

2 hours ago, elgenon said:

Don't know what Pattaya you are in but the Pattaya I am in has fewer tourists than previous years. Even fewer and smaller Chinese tours. Fewer Rooskies. Indians seem to be up a bit.

i agree with this statement...lots more indians..why do they always walk on the road ????

1 hour ago, murraynz said:

i agree with this statement...lots more indians..why do they always walk on the road ????

I tend to come up behind them on my bike, jam on the brakes at the last second, and scream loudly.  They move a bit faster then, I haven't actually seen brown trails on the road, but some do walk funny.  It's a hobby.  ????

In Naklua, North Pattaya, I see more Russians and more Germans than 1 month ago. Most bars are packed. Even the ladyboy bar in Naklua that's normally empty are busy, Germans loves to experiment .

And of course all the endless Chinese tour buses , they all come out of the bus with their flag leader, shouting and walking straight at you without any considerations. 

So, what's up with all the posters proclaiming tourism in Thailand is dead?

It's not dead. Bangkok is crazy. This place will never stop, even if baht goes to ten bucks a pound.
Happens every year about a month out from high season "what happend to high season" thread lol

I live in BKK for 11 years on lower Sukhumvit and the last few years its been packed all year round much to the dismay of posters insisting its lost its charm

In Pattaya now for holiday at central world and its packed wall to wall and beach Rd footpaths packed out.

Can only assume most posters feeding the dead tourism threads are out in the sticks as they most certainly are not in Pattaya or BKK

Just wait the photo of some deserted restaurant or bar 20 miles out of town will surface with a headline how dead everything is and how their bar owner friends say "no customer".  

I have never been to a country where so many foreigners want a place to fail.

My opinion from the negatives I talk to is: #1 lack of funds to enjoy life here, #2 burned too many times by TG and sadly now fat and impotent.

All their fault of course but they will never admit or comprehend it.

On ‎12‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 3:10 AM, NCC1701A said:

same same in Hua Hin. fat Farang pigs in Bluport mall stuffing their faces with Burger King. 

some hot Russian <deleted>'s with two or three kids dragging poor zombie Ivan dad around. 

Chinese completely unaware of their surroundings yelling and screaming at each other.

clueless low class fat Farang with no shirt walking around showing off his tan and man breasts.  

70 + year old Farang women wearing bikinis at the beach.:shock1:

middle eastern men wearing too much cologne and super tight fake Armani tee shirts.:bah:

Why not speak open and honestly ? 555

Glad I had a life of hard work and skipped the belly and man boobs!

Archived