Sticking it to foreigners - ice cream company backs down after "Thais only" promotion

webfact

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Bucko said:

I have seen special priced Promotional Domestic flights  a few times ---for Thai only --  started to book one before I spotted that I did'nt qualify ????

Same here, but the girl at the Thai airline counter refused my wife the discount because she's married to a farang, and she wouldn't back down.  I wrote to their head office and got a grovelling apology, but no refund.

I was thinking before is the manager Thai or Farang either way they should have known better

I think we have all decided not to buy their shit or eat their shit so let them sink in their own shit

Good idea is for one of you guys to start a Post about dual pricing around the country

Lets see the stories I have a few to tell

4 hours ago, nickmondo said:

I wont be here much longer.

yes, I hear you.........shut the door on my way out....bla, bla, bla.

Shut the door on your way out. We won't miss you. 

"For Thai customers only" is properly written, no Tinglish here...

Suggest all foreigners and tourists to boycott this place. 

Sell your Italian ice cream to Thai only. 

Actually they should just sell Thai ice cream to Thai only.

We foreigners don't like your staffs mistakes. Fire your manager is the least vigorous you could do. Cause that manager has the wrong attitude to foreigners. 

Till then..: BOYCOTT !!!! Stickhouse handcrafted icecream in Icon Siam

Ps: spread the word through TripAdvisor and FB

Unless you are Thai there is no way you will be accepted as an equal here & you have no rights whatsoever. The culture here is racist, it's part of the culture here & always will be. You just have to either accept it or leave. It's never going to change ...... a sad fact, but true.

11 minutes ago, Daveyh said:

Unless you are Thai there is no way you will be accepted as an equal here & you have no rights whatsoever. The culture here is racist, it's part of the culture here & always will be. You just have to either accept it or leave. It's never going to change ...... a sad fact, but true.

Correct. That's why I left.. together with my business.

Archived