Australia strips citizenship from alleged Islamic State recruiter

rooster59

He won't like Fiji either. Most of the inmates in Suva prison are Fijians and they hate the Indians. If he ever ends up in there they punch <deleted> out of him

I guess he is stuck in the Middle East until someone blows him up.

• Haha 1

The more I read the stuff here, the more I like Australia. I guess thats why the Brits take the piss on them...jealousy!

In the UK,the pathetic Gov let’s terrorists back in and spends £100’s millions monitoring them! All to do with “rights “ bull****

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, bristolboy said:

Particularly the fact that the state can punish someone without benefit of a trial.

They're not punishing him, it's not as if he was caught speeding or parking illegally or throwing rubbish on the ground...all of which are punished without a trial?

5 hours ago, bristolboy said:

Particularly the fact that the state can punish someone without benefit of a trial.

I’m sure they will happily put him on trial.... but unfortunately, they can’t get their hands on him to actually do it.

in the meantime, Australia should not have to suffer him as a citizen, or more especially, have him represent the nation, as a citizen, when they have a choice, by revoking his duel citizenry.

if, however, this action is contrary to the laws of the land, (which I doubt), then it should be reversed

8 hours ago, markaoffy said:

In the UK,the pathetic Gov let’s terrorists back in and spends £100’s millions monitoring them! All to do with “rights “ bull****

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Australia does the same lets them back in after they say sorry , we are flooded with these low lifes , hes juz 1 of 1000s who should be kicked out there religoius clerics preach dayly hatred against countries that accepted them fn low lifes ! at least 1 its a start.....

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Mad mick said:

Australia does the same lets them back in after they say sorry

Examples?

Five Australians already stripped of dual citizenship due to involvement with ISIS, so the OP story is not first person to be stripped of citizenship for terrorism activities.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-08-09/islamic-state-terrorists-lose-australian-citizenship/10092678

• Like 2

18 hours ago, bristolboy said:

Indeed, and that is the greater issue.

While the keyboard warriors are cheering this one - and to be honest I don’t really blame them in this case -the fact is about 40 to 50% of Australians are now second class citizens under this law. 

An Australian with no other citizenship could go and shoot up half of Port Arthur in an actual act of terrorism and not have his or her citizenship revoked. 

About half of all Australians have a parent or grand parent born overseas and that leaves Australia with a whole lot of dual citizens whether they like it or not. 

Now i know the keyboard warriors and other assorted knuckle draggers are probably thinking that it’s just all the muzzies who are dual citizens, but as the parliamentary dual citizenship debacle showed us most Aussies are probably unwitting Brits, Irish, Kiwis, Italians and Greeks.

Again the chest thumpers will say well they have nothing to worry about, but they would be wrong. 

It was Dutton himself, you know the bloke who tried to be PM but couldn’t even count to 42 (the number of MPs needed to vote for him to become PM), who proposed the first version of the citizenship stripping law which stated that any damage to federal property would constitute grounds for stripping away someone’s Australian citizenship.

It wasn’t until people smarter than him (it’s not hard) told him that accidentally backing into and knocking over an Australia Post mail box would constitute ‘damage to federal property’ that he made the rules tighter.

But it gives you an insight into his disregard for due process and rule of law - something that most people I would have thought is important.

i mean, isn’t that what seperate ‘us’ from ‘them’?

Edited by samran

1 hour ago, seahorse said:

Maybe they should be more careful who they grant citizenship to in the first place. 

The guy was born and raised n Australia as a buddhist. Fijian father, Cambodian mother. Converted to Islam after a visit to Cambodia and observed what he thought was a corruption of Buddhism. 

• Like 1