UK to spend over $130 million on ferries to cope with no-deal Brexit

rooster59

On 12/30/2018 at 7:50 AM, cornishcarlos said:

Propaganda machine in full swing..

Couple days ago was the story about immigrants crossing the channel in boats..

Scaremongering tactics ????

How dare they! 

Scare tactics using migrants should only be reserved for the brexiters! 

Its high time UK authorities stopped providing a ferry service & instead returned dinghy's/occupants to their point of departure, FRANCE!

I note UK vessels have been recalled to UK waters. This link explains what's going on despite the boat in this example operating elsewhere for a British charity...

On 1/1/2019 at 10:19 AM, Chomper Higgot said:

Perhaps in an indication of the stunning deals the Government is promising the UK will be able to

make post Brexit, they’ve awarded this Ferry Contract to a company with no ships and no trading history:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2018/12/30/no-deal-brexit-ferry-contract-awarded-firm-no-ships-trading/

I cannot understand why more is not being made of this. Whilst I actually want there to be a rational explanation for why a large sum of taxpayers' money was handed to a tory donor for him to provide a service of which he has neither the experience nor the resources to do so, all I can think is naked corruption and cronyism.

On 12/30/2018 at 8:08 AM, puipuitom said:

Why we, EU citizens, have nothing to say if we really wants the British back in our Union ? Always fuzz with them.

The UK hasn't left yet but if this is the way the rest of Europe thinks then maybe Brexit was the right decision. 

2 hours ago, seahorse said:

The UK hasn't left yet but if this is the way the rest of Europe thinks then maybe Brexit was the right decision. 

It wasn't like the prior Brexit got started. We were quite ignorant. 

Archived