Australian Embassy Stat Dec requirments

I am booked in at the Aus Embassy before they remove the Stat Dec service they offer.

I just want to ensure that i take the correct information and Docs with me, I  going to be requesting a Stat dec to be countersigned by them for proof of finance for a Non O based on marriage. The visa app will be lodged in KK.

Do i have to take any proof of finance with me, or would it be the more logical case that i am making a stat dec and the embassy staff are just witnessing the document

If i do need to show proof, then what does it need to be? i can obviously show them my accounts from my phone, from both Aus & Thailand.

Thanks in advance

Shaemus

Could someone kindly tell me the cutoff date for using the Australian income stat dec with a retirement visa renewal at Immigration? I've inconveniently forgotten, and should probably try to get in under the wire myself if I can pull it forward from late March when it's due. Cheers lads.

4 minutes ago, Buffy Frobisher said:

Could someone kindly tell me the cutoff date for using the Australian income stat dec with a retirement visa renewal at Immigration?

The 7th of this month is the last day they will do them.

Best to go on the website now to check if their are appointments available. https://thailand.embassy.gov.au/bkok/Appointments_Page.html

5 minutes ago, Buffy Frobisher said:

I've inconveniently forgotten, and should probably try to get in under the wire myself if I can pull it forward from late March when it's due.

Immigration will accept a stat dec that is up to 6 months old.

• Thanks 1

Could someone kindly tell me the cutoff date for using the Australian income stat dec with a retirement visa renewal at Immigration? I've inconveniently forgotten, and should probably try to get in under the wire myself if I can pull it forward from late March when it's due. Cheers lads.
Why do you need to pull it back
Letter is good for 6 months.

Last day is the 7th BUT I just checked the website and appears that there are no more appointment slots available after the 2nd at 9am so you better get on there quick!

https://thailand.embassy.gov.au/

Thanks guys. I wasn't aware of that 6-month validity on the stat dec. I'll just get to the Embassy before the 7th and take my chances end of March. My immigration lawyer once told me that the stat dec was only good for 7 days, so I guess he was wrong or something changed. I appreciate your help.

Thanks guys. I wasn't aware of that 6-month validity on the stat dec. I'll just get to the Embassy before the 7th and take my chances end of March. My immigration lawyer once told me that the stat dec was only good for 7 days, so I guess he was wrong or something changed. I appreciate your help.
They only do appointments. See my post above. Security at the front gate won't let you in. It's like Fort Knox ad the new place

4 minutes ago, madmen said:
7 minutes ago, Buffy Frobisher said:

They only do appointments. See my post above. Security at the front gate won't let you in. It's like Fort Knox ad the new place

Thanks madmen. Got the last available appointment via the website. Got lucky. ????

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, madmen said:

Why do you need to pull it back
Letter is good for 6 months.

Last day is the 7th BUT I just checked the website and appears that there are no more appointment slots available after the 2nd at 9am so you better get on there quick!

https://thailand.embassy.gov.au/

Nobody can say that the letter will be accepted up to 6 months. Those of us who know Thailand know that nothing can be taken for granted. Do it ASAP to be safe. Oz embassy may even change their ruling about certifying documents that prove income when they stop the illegal practice of stat decs. 

• Confused 4
  • Haha 1

I have an appointment for 15 Jan to do a stat dec re my residential address (for the purpose of opening a new bank account here in Prasat for the monthly 65K฿ transfers - to do X you first have to do Y and to do Y you first have to do Z etc etc). Not expecting any problems.

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

You only need the statutory declaration. They do not ask for any proof of your income.

As i thought, i just wanted to check others experience.

I have had to do allot of them In Aus for various reasons. As some of the other replies have mentioned its no more than a fancy letter with the JP or whatever signing as a responsible person. Its an outdated load of nonsense in my opinion. As for the guy whinging about the price. Well its not free everywhere you go in Australia. some JP's charge etc and some don't. Get over it.

On  a side note. I was at KK immigration the other day and asked the officer who was helping me with my request the other day what happens after the 7th of Jan as no more stat decs would be available. She didn't know any thing about it.

As my Current Extension is a about to expire i was there to double check what my options were, i could just jump onto a 60 day visa and buy a multiple entry then just redo the Non O with proof of funds from my bangkok bank. i'd rather just get it out the way now and not have my money trapped for a coupe of months

Thanks again @ubonjoe

for all of your helpfull comments and to all of the other posters.

Cheers

Shaemus

I just met an Aussie pal that I've not seen for a few months, and mentioned the Oz embassy stopping issuing stat-dec's for income.  It was the first he'd heard about his, and is somewhat concerned as his extension is due mid March.  I tried to book him an appointment for the next few day, but the earliest available is the 10th - obviously too late.

Too late to season funds (which he doesn't have anyway).  His pensions (well over the 65k/mon) are paid in to his Oz bank, and he withdraws it using an ATM card, and then deposits it into his Thai bank.  (He's not computer literate enough to do an internet international transfer, and no one is quite sure if I/O's would accept 65k/mon being deposited into a Thai bank anyway - in his case it could only be for the next 2 months anyway.)

So it looks like he'll need to use an (illegal) agent after more than 15 years of getting his visa/extension legally..   

I'm sure there will be many others in his position...

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, steve73 said:

I just met an Aussie pal that I've not seen for a few months, and mentioned the Oz embassy stopping issuing stat-dec's for income.  It was the first he'd heard about his, and is somewhat concerned as his extension is due mid March.  I tried to book him an appointment for the next few day, but the earliest available is the 10th - obviously too late.

I suggest he call the embassy about it. Maybe they would find an appointment for him or agree to do one after the 7th. You would think they could be a little flexible about it.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, shaemus said:

Do i have to take any proof of finance with me,

No. Hence the underlying reason they are being stopped. They’re currently worthless pieces of paper, and several embassies are not prepared to verify any proof their citizens might provide.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, elviajero said:

No. Hence the underlying reason they are being stopped. They’re currently worthless pieces of paper, and several embassies are not prepared to verify any proof their citizens might provide.

Same as the bank document that i would get from the Bangkok bank as proof of funds, only valid the instant it is written. As far i am aware the Embassy take on the request from Thai Immigration is: NO we cannot prove funds and will not, so we will withdraw the service we offer completely. Diplomatic way of saying If you don't like it then <deleted> Off. And also understandingly Thai immigration can probably read a Stat Dec knowing that it means no more than an empty/false statement on a piece of paper with a couple of autographs on.

thanks for helping

Shaemus   

• Like 1

7 hours ago, madmen said:

Nothing illegal about stat decs, how did you come to that conclusion?

Go to www.gov.au.  Stat decs in Thailand about a persons income mean nothing, they are invalid, also, confirmed by Oz Consul Phuket. Cleverman does not make false statements or mistakes. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, shaemus said:

Same as the bank document that i would get from the Bangkok bank as proof of funds, only valid the instant it is written. As far i am aware the Embassy take on the request from Thai Immigration is: NO we cannot prove funds and will not, so we will withdraw the service we offer completely. Diplomatic way of saying If you don't like it then <deleted> Off. And also understandingly Thai immigration can probably read a Stat Dec knowing that it means no more than an empty/false statement on a piece of paper with a couple of autographs on.

thanks for helping

Shaemus   

Very interesting. I am sorry, but, " as far as I am aware" , is not conclusive proof of what you say. 

9 hours ago, madmen said:
9 hours ago, Buffy Frobisher said:

Our taxes at work.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I know proof of income was not necessary with a "stat dec" but I would always get a copy of the evidence that I was going to give to Thai Immigration stamped "certified as a correct copy" by the embassy.

I know this was overkill but Immigration loved Embassy stamps so much.

Edited by LosLobo

2 letters were still accepted by T.I. till 31 December 2018 :

A bank letter

An Embassy/Consulate letter.

For 2019 we will have to wait.

Optimist approach :

yes, for a certain laps of time for 4 Embassies,

for all the other Embassies nothing changed.

Prudent approach : maybe not.

Selfish approach : 400/800000 will still be approved and is the only correct way.

Realistic approach :

Wait & See, T.I. can move in mysterious ways.

3 hours ago, luckyluke said:

2 letters were still accepted by T.I. till 31 December 2018 :

A bank letter

An Embassy/Consulate letter.

For 2019 we will have to wait.

Optimist approach :

yes, for a certain laps of time for 4 Embassies,

for all the other Embassies nothing changed.

Prudent approach : maybe not.

Selfish approach : 400/800000 will still be approved and is the only correct way.

Realistic approach :

Wait & See, T.I. can move in mysterious ways.

400/800k need to be seasoned for 3 months, so needs to be planned well ahead.

• Confused 1

15 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

I suggest he call the embassy about it. Maybe they would find an appointment for him or agree to do one after the 7th. You would think they could be a little flexible about it.

They did do something about it. They doubled their appointment slots and started at 8:30 am instead of 10:00 am for this week. I talked about this and tried to warn fellow Aussies about this months ago. I booked my slots 2 months ago, as early as they would allow. There are NO slots available at the moment.

Edited by tropo

17 hours ago, cleverman said:

Nobody can say that the letter will be accepted up to 6 months. Those of us who know Thailand know that nothing can be taken for granted. Do it ASAP to be safe. Oz embassy may even change their ruling about certifying documents that prove income when they stop the illegal practice of stat decs. 

You're right about that. I'm getting mine this week in the hope they will accept it in late June/early July, but I see it as a 1700 baht gamble... plus 5 hours on a bus lol.

9 hours ago, cleverman said:

Go to www.gov.au.  Stat decs in Thailand about a persons income mean nothing, they are invalid, also, confirmed by Oz Consul Phuket. Cleverman does not make false statements or mistakes. 

Illegal is not the correct description. They are issued lawfully by the Australian govt and accepted by the Thai govt.

For the moment.

• Like 2