Does Thai law require salaries to be paid monthly?

Am asking, because we will have to wait longer than a month to get paid for the calendar month's work.

May this be pushed even further?

What about demanding foreigners to wear polyester polo shirts in this heat on 3 days?

Cheers,

You must read your employers published work rules:

Employers with ten or more employees must submit their written work rules to the

District Labor Office and must post a copy thereof in a prominent location at the

place of work. Work rules must cover such matters as working days, regular hours

and rest periods; holidays and rules for taking holiday, rules on overtime and holiday

work; date and place of wage payment, overtime pay and holiday pay, leave and

rules for taking leave; disciplinary measures and punishment; procedures for

submission of grievances; and procedures for termination of employment including

severance pay and special severance pay.

Documents relating to the payment of wages, overtime pay, holiday pay and holiday

overtime pay must contain at least the particulars of the working day and working

hours; work done by employees who receive wages on a piece-rate basis; and rate

and amount of wages, overtime pay, holiday pay and holiday overtime pay. The

particulars may be contained in one or more separate documents, each of which

must be signed by the employee as evidence of payment.

If your employers company has more than nine employees and you have not been given

written work rules, which should include details of date of wage or salary payments, then

they are in breach of the Employment Act. The Government does not set a date for payment

such as weekly, fortnightly of monthly, that is up to your contract which you should have 

already signed. I have experienced payment being end of the week, fortnight or month worked

with overtime paid at the same time or the end of the following work period. Some companies 

pay wages or salaries at the end of the following work period. If you cannot reach an 

understanding with you employer, contact your local labour office.

On 1/3/2019 at 7:25 AM, Estrada said:

You must read your employers published work rules:

Employers with ten or more employees must submit their written work rules to the

District Labor Office and must post a copy thereof in a prominent location at the

place of work. Work rules must cover such matters as working days, regular hours

and rest periods; holidays and rules for taking holiday, rules on overtime and holiday

work; date and place of wage payment, overtime pay and holiday pay, leave and

rules for taking leave; disciplinary measures and punishment; procedures for

submission of grievances; and procedures for termination of employment including

severance pay and special severance pay.

Documents relating to the payment of wages, overtime pay, holiday pay and holiday

overtime pay must contain at least the particulars of the working day and working

hours; work done by employees who receive wages on a piece-rate basis; and rate

and amount of wages, overtime pay, holiday pay and holiday overtime pay. The

particulars may be contained in one or more separate documents, each of which

must be signed by the employee as evidence of payment.

If your employers company has more than nine employees and you have not been given

written work rules, which should include details of date of wage or salary payments, then

they are in breach of the Employment Act. The Government does not set a date for payment

such as weekly, fortnightly of monthly, that is up to your contract which you should have 

already signed. I have experienced payment being end of the week, fortnight or month worked

with overtime paid at the same time or the end of the following work period. Some companies 

pay wages or salaries at the end of the following work period. If you cannot reach an 

understanding with you employer, contact your local labour office.

Thank you for taking the time to give such a good fact-based answer!

There are dozens of employees. And to stop anyone from doing a run, they have penalties in the employment contract. In addition, they delay payment by 10 calendar days. Henceforth, salaries are not paid monthly, but every 38-41 days.

Moreover, they refuse to issue the tax form needed to file. The tax year ended with the calendar year. But they say, the business's year matters and we will file your return. - Sorry, I need to stay on top of this and get the tax return  f i l e d first in order to get a refund.

Not having a KTB account has been a deal breaker, as I could not cash the refund check. Just great! Can't they deduct a fee of a few hundred THB and issue a check for one's bank?!? (SCB)

°°°

Another bizarre scheme involves unauthorized 500 THB deductions for some future WP payment, which will be reimbursed after a year's service. No, I do not want "help" saving towards the payment of a WP by getting 500 THB deducted!! 

Closing, the length of the contract is equal to the probationary period. Neat. 1 year... Forget Labour Law, someone is rather creative, huh?!

On 1/4/2019 at 10:53 PM, onlycw said:

Moreover, they refuse to issue the tax form needed to file. The tax year ended with the calendar year. But they say, the business's year matters and we will file your return. - Sorry, I need to stay on top of this and get the tax return  f i l e d first in order to get a refund.

You don't need any documents from your employer to file your tax return. You do it yourself, online. The entire online process, however, is in Thai.

All you need to know is your gross/net salary for the year, and the income tax you paid. Total social fund paid would also be helpful ad there is a deduction for this.

Archived