Adress An Envelope Correctly

traveller57

hi guys ive got a couple of photos i'd like to send to pattaya but dont know how to write the adress on the envelope.i would have thought something like this:

business name

9999/99-99

Moo 99

pattaya 9th Rd

Nongprue

Banglamung

Chonburi

THAILAND

obviously its going to pattaya and im sending it from the UK.could someone correct it if it looks wrong.

also,what are the chances of it getting there unopened?ive no idea at all about the thai postal system but would like to send these photos for someones birthday.ive also got a 1000 baht note laying around somewhere and obviously its no use to me here at all.would it be ok to put it between the photos or is this a no no?i dont want to be disrespectful as i read the thread about someone standing on a baht note. :o

hope someone helps,thanks,dave

We're not in Pattaya, but the address format should work.

If you can get someone to write it in Thai so much the better, my parents send us stuff all the time, I've sent them address labels with our address in Thai and English, the original ones I did were Thai only with Thailand at the bottom in English but it always caused consternation to the little old lady in the country post office that they use.

Slip your 1k inside a birthday card in an inner envelope for security, we've never had letters opened so it should be safe (famous last words here).

If your envelope is big (big photos) use one with a card inner to reduce the danger of bending.

In my experience if it's going to a business address you'll probably be okay but even a slightly bulky envelope going to a private house has a fair chance of being rifled and very likely not arriving at all. If you can use a business style envelope complete with a company name/logo this increases the chance of delivery.

You wouldn't believe the number of cases I heard of where punters back in their homelands sent CASH to their bar girlfriends through the regular mail only to have it subjected to the 100% local delivery tax.

Address format looks fine, I had plenty of mail delivered with the address in English but Thai obviously makes it easier. Just make sure Thailand is in English to give your home postal boys a chance :D . Mind you some of those employed in my home country, UK, struggle with English. :o

This is how I usually do it. No losses yet.

Business Name

9999/99-99 M. 99 Pattaya 9th Rd

Nongprue

Banglamung

Chonburi 99999

THAILAND

Business Name

9999/99-99 M. 99 Pattaya 9th Rd

T. Nongprue

A. Banglamung

Chonburi 99999

THAILAND

Of course you don't need Thailand on it if you are mailing from within Thailand

I wouldn't send the 1000 baht in an unregistered letter unless I was prepared to lose it. But you should check what it would cost to send it as a registered letter. If you go about it that way, it is much less likely to disappear on the way.

cheers Aujuba.

im going to send them today.how long does snail mail usually take,do you know?

I have recieved letters within 3 days from England but more usual in my experience is 7-10 days.

Edit. There was one time i had to go back to the UK for a few weeks and it was my girls birthday while i was away, i posted her a birthday card and she recieved it eight months later. She had not mentioned anything about me not sending a card to her and i never asked if she had recieved it, was quite amusing when it did turn up.

Edited by Acquiesce

a quick update,she got the letter,photos and 1050 baht today! :D .this was just an experiment really and may be of help to other members.

its her birthday in 2 weeks so it will be birthday card posted by mail and a bit of money by western union. :o . shes also learning how to use yahoo messenger.am awaiting a call now.thanks for all your help.dave

• 3 years later...

From my experience, none of my stuff gets through. I send a greeting card...never arrives. I send a letter,....never arrives. The only time I have had an arrival was with very expensive (from this end) registered post.The Post Office here is like everything else in Thailand, corrupt and inefficient!! :)