Obtaining residence certificate on 30 day visa exempt stamp

Hi all,

My Thai driving license is expiring and I want to extend this. However, I'm on a 30 visa exemption so can't apply for a residence certificate in BKK (if I'm correct).

What are my other options?

Apply at my Embassy in BKK (Netherlands)? However no TM 30 registration has been filed so I'm not sure this is possible.

I read that Pattaya immigration gives residence certificates when staying in a hotel for 3 nights. Could I go there for a few days and both get my residence certificate and driving license extension (for 2 years)?

Any other cities / provinces where it's possible based on temporary stay at a hotel? (I read Udon Thani somewhere).

Thanks for the info

John

10 hours ago, highfive said:

In Koh Samui they asked for a copy of the passport, 500 baht and your address written on a piece of paper. That's it. I was on a tourist visa, due to leave the country 3 days after I got the residency certificate.

Did you do this recently? As it seems immigration is getting stricter across the country. 

Thanks!

Some DLT office might have an issue with your visa. Normally the DL is issued for five years, but without non-Imm visa you will get two years at Banglamung DLT, some other offices might refuse to renew your DL. At Pattaya this all can be done for sure. Just take your rental contract/ hotel receipts with you when asking for RC.

• Like 1