Phoenix police investigate after woman in coma for decade gives birth

rooster59

3 hours ago, Basil B said:

I had a nice born with Hydrocephalus, the prognosis was poor, she lived for 11 years, my sister in-law dotted on the child, the child was death and blind not sure if she could sense feel, could not even crawl.

She was not on any life support and my SIL cared for her at home 

On diagnosis the doctors suggested letting nature take its course, just administering pain killers, my SIL went ballistic, it split the family, I for one believe that child never had a life as she had no sense of awareness of anything.

A similar issue cropped up a few months ago when my mother was admitted to hospital in a totally confused state, a few days after her admission still in a state of "non compos mentis" a doctor asked my brother about DNR (do not resuscitate), he consulted with me and my sister who recalled an incident on a previous spell in hospital when my mother found the DNR in her notes, she went balistic, so we said no to "DNR" but agreed between ourselves we would not be questioning what actions were taken (or not) if my mother died in hospital.

Hello i suggest a read through again of your post as could be construed as quite humorous if it wasn't a serious subject  (re; Nice = Niece, Death=Deaf ....doted not dotted on her).....i presume your mother recovered after her previous visit to the hospital where you or your family were ok with the DNR....i can understand her anger.....she may recover from this episode too......lucky you don't do it again hey!!!

How can it be that incidents like this happen, also in elders homes with violence against the patients? Surely there are regulations and checks to ensure things like this can't happen.

Seems to me the management of the facility have a lot to answer for. 

2 hours ago, tattoodrob said:

Hello i suggest a read through again of your post as could be construed as quite humorous if it wasn't a serious subject  (re; Nice = Niece, Death=Deaf ....doted not dotted on her).....i presume your mother recovered after her previous visit to the hospital where you or your family were ok with the DNR....i can understand her anger.....she may recover from this episode too......lucky you don't do it again hey!!!

If you want to correct others, at least do so in correct English.

On 6. Januar 2019 at 11:55 AM, Basil B said:

Could do, not exercising, I doubt she would look a pretty sight. probable noted that she was putting on weight but nobody (except one person) would even think she could be pregnant.

People in a coma are fed through an IV. I highly doubt that she got enough nutrients to make her obese.

On 1/7/2019 at 12:09 PM, pacovl46 said:

People in a coma are fed through an IV. I highly doubt that she got enough nutrients to make her obese.

But she is in a vegetative state not a coma...

The vegetative state is a chronic or long-term condition. This condition differs from a coma: a coma is a state that lacks both awareness and wakefulness. Patients in a vegetative state may have awoken from a coma, but still have not regained awareness. In the vegetative state patients can open their eyelids occasionally and demonstrate sleep-wake cycles, but completely lack cognitive function. The vegetative state is also called a "coma vigil". The chances of regaining awareness diminish considerably as the time spent in the vegetative state increases

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persistent_vegetative_state

and therefore more likely to be feed by tube or even spoon feed.

Archived