Saudi woman held at Bangkok airport says fears death if sent back

webfact

She will most likely have to get married to her first cousin and have cronicly sick and demented children !

So let us enjoy our freedoms while we still can before China takes over the world and makes us into little communist ants ! 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, anon7854 said:

Something in this story doesn't add up. How on earth can you board a plane or leave a country without a passport? 

Isn't she saying her passport was taken by Saudi officials at BKK airport? Perhaps the Saudi embacy staff were tipped off that she was on her way through, the Muslim world has its own gestapo. 

4 minutes ago, Vatman said:

Can anyone answer these questions?

What class of Australian visa does this girl possess?

As Kuwait Airways does not fly to Australia which airline was she booked on from Bangkok to Australia & to which destination in Australia?

The Sydney Morning Herald states that she intended to claim asylum on arrival in Australia.

From Kuwait she would have been better off flying to Europe- why Australia?

We do not know for sure whether she had an Australian visa or even if she had a flight booked.

There are several airlines that stop in BKK on route to Australia, Qantas being one of them.

4 hours ago, otherstuff1957 said:

It sounds like Big Joke is doing a favor for the Saudis.  "Good guys in, uppity women out". ☹️

More than likely is that Saudi royalty have large financial interests in Thailand, hence the 'Yes Sir' attitude of the Kingdom. Big Joke has been well schooled (AKA directed).

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Credo said:

Her brother reported her for not being accompanied by a male family member.   The Saudi officials then found her and took her passport.   

I hope this isn't one of those Khashoggi bone saw stories.   The Saudi's don't take kindly to rejecting Islam.   

Most of the time in Saudi Arabia Death penalty for apostasy:"According to Abdul Rashied Omar, the majority of modern Islamic jurists continue to regard apostasy as a crime deserving the death penalty"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apostasy_in_Islam

4 minutes ago, anchadian said:

There's an official at Rahaf's door but she is refusing to leave.

DwRxY6_VYAAcFI4.jpg

Who is with her? Obviously there is someone else in the room giving her support.

Jonathan head has said there are lots of immigration officials waiting at transit hotel preparing to force Rahaf onto a flight back to Kuwait.  Not allowing any filming.

ABC news in USA said they recieved message from her as being detained at the hotel in Bangkok by Saud officials and men from Kuwait Airlines. ABC has contacted Thai authorities but received no replies. Thailand had detained    Australian refugee Hakeem AlAraibi in Bangkok 2 months ago by request of Saudi Aabia. Doesn't look good for her.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/saudi-woman-seeking-asylum-in-australia-detained-in-bangkok-airport/ar-BBRSvjv

2 hours ago, Wallander4 said:

Once again Thailand stand on the wrong side - what a despicable pathetic country this has become. I wonder how anyone can live here for a longer time

I gave you a sad mark cos I totally agree with you.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mogandave said:

Why do you assume I’m confused?

Because leftism is not communism, one can only be communist at 100%, the leftist is only a direction that could be taken at many levels. IMHO at least so no offence

This is a sad situation and if she is sent back, she will be killed.  They call this an HONOR killing and there is NO HONOR in ii, it is just plain MURDER.  I pray that some Thai official will  intercede and with the help of the Australian government, get her to Australia.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Vatman said:

Can anyone answer these questions?

What class of Australian visa does this girl possess?

As Kuwait Airways does not fly to Australia which airline was she booked on from Bangkok to Australia & to which destination in Australia?

The Sydney Morning Herald states that she intended to claim asylum on arrival in Australia.

From Kuwait she would have been better off flying to Europe- why Australia?

Thai,Qantas and Emirates fly Bkk to Sydney..so my guess would be the 7.30pm evening flight with Emirates.Can't possibly see though given the Thais' will side with the Saudis' and Australia is that far up Americas' ar.e they won't want to rock that sweet heart trade alliance.No tv or press access so she's doomed!

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, Aussie999 said:

News on Australian TV says Saudi official "forcibly" took her passport, from her, at the airport.

Who cares? The fact of the matter is Saudis are anal towards women. "If" she was able to get out of that repressive environment, then Thai gov't- "If" averse to that suppression will allow her to stay until it's worked out. And "if" the Thai gov't sends her back, then I will say that the Thai gov't should keep a very close watch on their dealings. In other words, as a lawyer....watch your back Thailand:)

Rights group urges Thailand not to return Saudi woman fleeing family

By Patpicha Tanakasempipat and Ghaida Ghantous

2019-01-07T031624Z_2_LYNXNPEF0604M_RTROPTP_3_THAILAND-SAUDI.JPG

Rahaf Mohammed al-Qunun, a Saudi woman who claims to be fleeing her country and family and is currently in Bangkok, Thailand, is shown in this undated photo obtained by Reuters from social media. @rahaf84427714/via REUTERS

BANGKOK/DUBAI (Reuters) - A human rights group urged Thai authorities on Monday to halt plans to deport an 18-year-old Saudi woman who says she is fleeing abuse from her family and fears they will kill her if she is returned home.

Rahaf Mohammed al-Qunun said she fled Kuwait while her family was visiting the Gulf country and had planned to travel on from Thailand to Australia to seek asylum. She said she was detained after leaving her plane in Bangkok and told she would be sent back to Kuwait.

She was scheduled to be sent back on Kuwait Airways flight 412 leaving at 11:15 a.m. local time (0415 GMT).

"My brothers and family and the Saudi embassy will be waiting for me in Kuwait," Qunun told Reuters by text and voice message from a Bangkok transit hotel late on Sunday.

"They will kill me," she said. "My life is in danger. My family threatens to kill me for the most trivial things."

Thai immigration authorities denied Qunun's allegations they were acting at the behest of the Saudi government, saying she was refused entry to Thailand on Saturday night because she did not have the proper documents for a visa on arrival.

A representative from the Saudi embassy in Thailand said there was no one available to comment.

New York-based Human Rights Watch said Thailand should not send Qunun back to her family because she is an adult who faces danger.

"Thai authorities should immediately halt any deportation, and either allow her to continue her travel to Australia or permit her to remain in Thailand to seek protection as a refugee," Michael Page, deputy Middle East director at Human Rights Watch, said in a statement on Monday.

Qunun said she had obtained an Australian visa and booked a flight. She said she planned to spend a few days inThailand, a popular destination for medical treatment, so she would not spark suspicion when she left Kuwait.

"When I landed at the airport, someone came and said he would process the (Thai) visa but he took my passport. He came back with what seemed to be airport security and said that my parents objected and said I must return to Saudi Arabia via Kuwait Airways," she said.

She said she believed she was stopped after her family appealed to Kuwait Airways. A spokesman for Kuwait Airways said he had no information about the case.

Thai immigration chief Surachate Hakparn said he had had no contact with Saudi officials or Thailand's foreign minister before Qunun's arrival. He said she was denied entry because she did not have a paid return ticket or a hotel reservation.

"She was over-exaggerating ... She fled her family from Saudi Arabia and arrived in Thailand but she didn't have necessary documents to enter. Thai immigration had to deny her entry," he said, describing such cases as standard procedure.

(Additional reporting by Ghaida Ghantous in DUBAI; Writing by Kay Johnson; Editing by Paul Tait)

reuters_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Reuters 2019-01-07
  • Sad 1

31 minutes ago, anchadian said:

We do not know for sure whether she had an Australian visa or even if she had a flight booked.

There are several airlines that stop in BKK on route to Australia, Qantas being one of them.

So it`s possible she arrived in Bangkok with no onward or return ticket & no Australian visa. That being the case where does Australia come into it? Does she just say that Australia was her preferred destination? This girl needs help.

• Thanks 1