CONFIRMED: Here is exactly what’s needed for retirement & marriage extensions (income method) from 2019

So, for those seeking an extension for marriage but receive income from sources other than a pension, it says that a personal income tax statement together with a payment slip is sufficient (unless I am interpreting this wrong). Then is it correct to assume that under these circumstances a bank statement is not required if income is coming from sources other than a pension? A personal income tax statement such as a copy of my US income tax return is enough? If that is enough, then income can only be shown up until the end of 2018. I am due for my extension in July 2019.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, starman97015 said:

So, for those seeking an extension for marriage but receive income from sources other than a pension, it says that a personal income tax statement together with a payment slip is sufficient (unless I am interpreting this wrong). Then is it correct to assume that under these circumstances a bank statement is not required if income is coming from sources other than a pension? A personal income tax statement such as a copy of my US income tax return is enough? If that is enough, then income can only be shown up until the end of 2018. I am due for my extension in July 2019.

That would be the ambiguity part I mentioned above, but I think they want us to assume that means "Thai Personal income tax"

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, skatewash said:

It would have been nice if the OP had come with a preamble stating the following:

2) If you are in possession of an embassy income letter, then nothing has changed (assuming you will use that letter to apply for your extension of stay within six months of the letter being issued).  You can apply for an extension of stay using the income method which requires an embassy income letter just as it has been done in the past.

Yes, it would be nice to know if your Point 2 referenced in your comment post is 100%  accurate and true. I've been told there is specific language in the recent directives just issued which will support what you've written. That is, nothing has changed with regards to accepting US Embassy notarized Income Affidavits (e.g., US Embassy "income letters") for Retirement Visa renewals as long the aforementioned document is utilized within 6 months of it's issuance. My eyesight is poor and the anxiety with these recent events has most likely affected my reading comprehension. I'd like to see specific language in these issued directives stating that Point 2 above is accurate.

I got my Income Affidavit notarized and issued at the US Embassy here in Bangkok on 30 November 2018 with the representation from the officer that it would be valid for 6 months and good to use with my application for my visa renewal until it expires on or about 31 May 2019. I plan on going to Thai Immigration at Chaeng Watthana here in Bangkok before my Retirement Visa expires on 31 March 2019. Hopefully, they'll accept my Income Affidavit I got. This is Thailand, so I don't know what to expect. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pattaya46 said:

No. The OP is wrong.

The notice says that for those with letter you must show income no less than 65'000B,

but does not say that they have to Transfer it in Thailand !

and here we are , having 500 k in a thai fixed deposit 2 yrs and a german consulate letter confirming monthly pension thb 36k so do i pass the retirement renewal with the combo ???

wbr

roobaa01

3 minutes ago, roobaa01 said:

and here we are , having 500 k in a thai fixed deposit 2 yrs and a german consulate letter confirming monthly pension thb 36k so do i pass the retirement renewal with the combo ???

Nothing change on rules about Letter or Combo method,

So if you passed last time you should pass next time :cool:

30 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Not easy. I'm not going to sidetrack this thread, except to say I bing in aud cash in one or two hits every year. I'm aware of various ways to transfer money. The best is to bring in cash and exchange here. Only suited to those that have reason to visit home country.

You still have to other ways - like 800K in a bank and agent. If you only want to do it your way or highway, you may have to look for other option. TIs not going to entertain your way only. Sorry.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MikeOKitches said:

I got my income affidavit notarized by the US Embassy here in Bangkok on November 30, 2018. I was told by the US Embassy at the time that the letter (income affidavit) I executed (and they notarized) would be valid for 6 months from date of issuance. That would mean it's valid until May 31, 2018.  My Retirement Visa renewal is scheduled for March 31, 2019. I'm hearing conflicting reports from people who've been to different Thai Immigration centers. Some say they won't accept the US Embassy notarized Income Affidavit in 2019 at all. Is there any credible source that can definitely tell me if I can use my November 30, 2018 letter (income affidavit) in March 2019 when I renew my Retirement Visa? Or is just a waste of paper now? I was planning on renewing at Thai Immigration at Chaeng Watthana here in Bangkok.  

"That would mean it's valid until May 31, 2018."

I presume you mean May 31 2019 ?

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, sambum said:

"That would mean it's valid until May 31, 2018."

I presume you mean May 31 2019 ?

Yes, that was a scrivener's error on my part. It should read 31 May 2019. I didn't catch the error in time to edit my original post. The Income Affidavit (e.g., income letter) I received/executed/notarized at the US Embassy on 30 November 2018 was represented to me by an officer to be valid for 6 months and will therefore expire on or about 31 May 2019. I just want to be 100% certain Thai Immigration will still accept this evidentiary document when I make my application for renewal this coming March 2019. My current Retirement Visa expires on 31 March 2019.  

Been using Baht Smart for some time now for my AUD transfers. My KBank statements shows these funds coming from a variety of sources. eg.

DUMMY BRANCH

Chang Mia Branch

Head Office

Etc

Nothing actually showing an international transfer.

So what now???

20 minutes ago, onera1961 said:

You still have to other ways - like 800K in a bank and agent. If you only want to do it your way or highway, you may have to look for other option. TIs not going to entertain your way only. Sorry.

In my earlier post #3, I stated I use money in bank method. The post you replied to is how the money gets to the Thai bank a/c. My last deposit of 800k up was early 2018. 

1 aud approx 26baht. Now its below 23baht. My first post in thread was referring to income methods seems to require monthly transfers. Very costly IMO. Perhaps read the thread.

Edited by DrJack54
Error
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, zydeco said:

What about combination method?

That is still shown in the other police order 327/2557.

"(5) Must have an annual earning and funds deposited with a bank totaling no less than Baht 800,0000 as of the filing date."

Not mentioned the police order that has been amended since you still have to prove the income for it.

32 minutes ago, roger101 said:

I go for 1

Well, I guess it could be both.  But 1 is sort of immutable, not much you can do to fix that.  2 would have been a very easy fix.  And if 2 had been taken care of like I believe it should have been then we might have seen less 1. ????

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

So the existing "money in Thai bank" 800/400, still continues and the changes only concern expats using "income, combo"?

BTW...personally I use money in the bank. I would not be happy now showing monthly income. Like many others, I have income from rentals, super/shares etc. Do not qualify for pension, because of super fund/assets. Would certainly not like the changes to replace embassy SD.

If you are from USA or Aus, it HAS replaced the SD as you call it. The UK never did SDs.