Gay news anchor Don Lemon has a powerful message about homophobia for Kevin Hart

snoop1130

Gay news anchor Don Lemon has a powerful message about homophobia for Kevin Hart

by Conrad Duncan

3813.jpg

Image screen grab from indy100.com

Kevin Hart was dropped from the Oscars for previous homophobic comments.

In tweets between 2009 and 2011, Hart repeatedly used “gay” as a slur and, in a 2010 stand-up show, he told jokes about trying to stop his son being gay.

When he was asked to apologise to the LGBT+ community or step-down as the host of the event, Hart refused, claiming he had already addressed the issue.

On The Ellen DeGeneres Show this week, Hart spoke again about his decision to step down as Oscar host and listed examples which he believed showed he'd apologised for his comments.

Full Story: https://www.indy100.com/article/kevin-hart-oscars-2019-host-homophobia-don-lemon-cnn-lgbt-ellen-degeneres-apology-8712946

In many people's minds, not wanting to have gay children is equivalent to violently attacking gay kids; and indicating you would enjoy holding the severed head of your president is just a bit of fun, ha ha.  Fortunately, I have not been affected by the mental illness affecting the modern age and do not suffer this dysphoria. I do sympathize with your condition, however.  

He talked about violent assault against innocent children. Griffin's stunt was an attempt at artful satire that missed the mark.  

"trump" is not a legitimate president anyway. The US is not NK yet. We're not obligated to worship him. He's a fair target of criticism, humor, and satire.

Spare me the disingenuous compassion. It's nauseating. Face facts that we're political opponents and leave it at that.

As I said before I really don't care if Hart hosts it not. He did apologize before and it wouldn't have killed him to apologize again. LGBT kids living in a country where their civil rights are under attack from dear leader may have appreciated that. Instead it's all about his ego. Not admirable.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 2
  • Sad 4

That wasn't the only one.

If you actually thought the severed head satire was about literally assassinating Individual-1 well then there really aren't words and I wouldn't believe you anyway.

In your world terrorizing gay youth with bullying and threats of violence might be OK but actually it really is not ok

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, canuckamuck said:

Thanks for the link. In the joke, he said one kid was dry humping his son and Kevin panicked and pushed them both down. In the joke, he also admits he didn't handle it properly.

Oh yeah, I can see the violent equivalence here of glorifying the assassination of a world leader.

And if Kevin Hart's joke would have been about his daughter and some little boy was dry humping her. There would have been no outrage at all, as it would be understandable to have a bit of parental freak out at a moment like that.

Firstly, I notice you are always one of the first posters to post on any Gay topic, and you also make many posts on these threads.  So you seem to have some agenda going on.

His joke is clearly homophobic.  It's even worst as he is talking about CHILDREN... and his own child.  

How about some gay comedian makes jokes about 'slapping down' his kid when the his son was near a black child?  You would think that was OK too?

Posters saying they don't want gay kids but are not homophobic... how ignorant.   If they do have children and they are gay maybe the child will kill his / herself because of this kind of thing, and the parents attitude to gays and lack of understanding and support.  You OK with that too I suppose?

• Confused 1

Hart's doll house tweet --

DeGeneres’ decision to side with Hart — who tweeted things like, “Yo if my son comes home & try’s 2 play with my daughters doll house I’m going 2 break it over his head & say n my voice ‘stop that’s gay’,” and compared a user’s profile pic to “a gay bill board for AIDS” — has led to an online backlash.

https://uproxx.com/tv/ellen-degeneres-kevin-hart-oscars-reactions/

12 hours ago, Jingthing said:

He talked about violent assault against innocent children. Griffin's stunt was an attempt at artful satire that missed the mark.  

"trump" is not a legitimate president anyway. The US is not NK yet. We're not obligated to worship him. He's a fair target of criticism, humor, and satire.

Spare me the disingenuous compassion. It's nauseating. Face facts that we're political opponents and leave it at that.

As I said before I really don't care if Hart hosts it not. He did apologize before and it wouldn't have killed him to apologize again. LGBT kids living in a country where their civil rights are under attack from dear leader may have appreciated that. Instead it's all about his ego. Not admirable.

Proper names begin with a capital letter. President Trump was elected and remains in office, and there are democratic mechanisms to remove and/or replace him. Worship is a catch word that has no meaning in the context used. Perhaps a bit of travel outside the USA will enlighten you as to the meaning of the word as it pertains to the deitification of leaders, many who were not democratically elected.

Civil rights for all are under fire by various groups, many of which hide under the cloak of race, sexual orientation, religion, etc. 

• Like 2

Proper names begin with a capital letter. President Trump was elected and remains in office, and there are democratic mechanisms to remove and/or replace him. Worship is a catch word that has no meaning in the context used. Perhaps a bit of travel outside the USA will enlighten you as to the meaning of the word as it pertains to the deitification of leaders, many who were not democratically elected.
Civil rights for all are under fire by various groups, many of which hide under the cloak of race, sexual orientation, religion, etc. 
Respect the office. No respect for the current occupant. He deserves none.

Who cares what Don Lemon thinks?  Hart backed out of the gig wanting to put everything behind him having addressed the issue previously. People dug up some of Hart's past jokes and people like Lemon want to continue the narrative for their own personal reasons.  This was a not an issue worth the minute of CNN time for Lemon to get on his platform.  It would be nice if the cable "news" networks returned to reporting the news.  

• Like 1

political correctness is a huge threat to a so called free and open society / democracy.  wasn't eddie murphy shortlisted to host the oscars? murphy did some skits in the past that made fun of gays but perhaps that is ok because he is black?  reality in the world is whoever you are you cannot force people to respect you, like you, or be your friend. that is just human nature

ben carson(some say carson is not really black) had some interesting things to say about political correctness at a breakfast speech alongside barack obama

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Jingthing said:

"trump" is not a legitimate president anyway.

Says who? I'm all for removing Trump from office, provided that my assumption (!) that he has committed impeachable offenses is correct. Until and unless that happens (or he's voted out, declared unfit, resigns or dies), however, he IS the legitimate president. I find your statement sickening and just plain wrong, because it undermines the rule of law and due process.

• Like 2

Says who? I'm all for removing Trump from office, provided that my assumption (!) that he has committed impeachable offenses is correct. Until and unless that happens (or he's voted out, declared unfit, resigns or dies), however, he IS the legitimate president. I find your statement sickening and just plain wrong, because it undermines the rule of law and due process.

Be sick all you like.
We already know how he got elected in the first place.
Aggressive Russian interference.
Felonious campaign finance violations.
That criminally corrupt Putin compromised con man does not represent decent Americans.
I respect that you respect the rule of law.
The current president does not.
He cares only about himself. He is amoral and evil. He deserves no respect at all.

political correctness is a huge threat to a so called free and open society / democracy.  wasn't eddie murphy shortlisted to host the oscars? murphy did some skits in the past that made fun of gays but perhaps that is ok because he is black?  reality in the world is whoever you are you cannot force people to respect you, like you, or be your friend. that is just human nature

ben carson(some say carson is not really black) had some interesting things to say about political correctness at a breakfast speech alongside barack obama

[/url]  
Hart is black dude.
Violent attacks on gay kids or kids showing signs of being gay is just wrong. Period.
I agree we still need free speech especially in art and comedy and I don't care if Hart hosts or not.
He is kind of a moron though. He wasn't able to swallow a little pride and address the issue. He wasn't kicked out. He kicked himself out. I've watched his recent comedy. He's OK. Not a big fan though. His current stuff is not homophobic.