What day should be my departure out of thailand?

Trying to plan a 3 month trip in the summer with a tourist visa + 30day extension, so that'd be 90 days right? Lets say I left USA on may 11 and arrive may 12 in thailand, what would the date of my departure in thailand be if i want all 90 days? Also, in the case of overstaying 1-3 days due to flight departure in thailand, is there any real punishment?

The main issue with overstaying is if you are caught. If you are already at the airport you simply pay a fine of 500 baht/day for a short overstay. One day there is no charge. You get a stamp in your passport. 

Your permission to stay until will be clearly stamped in your passport. 

Edit: Saturday August 10 is 90 days after May 12th, you just type May 12 plus 90 days into Google search!

Edited by jacko45k

" Lets say I left USA on may 11 and arrive may 12 in thailand, what would the date of my departure in thailand be if i want all 90 days? "

Let's see, you want us to take the calendar out and do the counting for you? 12th and day of departure are included in the 90 days.

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

Saturday August 10 is 90 days after May 12th, you just type May 12 plus 90 days into Google search!

The Windows date calculator says August 9th since you have to count the first day as day 1. I used 89 days when I did it.

image.png.0c0bade5a164aed342175486f71e1dd1.png

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, hanswolfgang said:

Hi, 30 day tourist and 30 day extension is 60 days or???

30 day visa exempt + 30 days = 60 days, tourist visa is 60 days, so tourist visa + 30 days extension = 90 days.

On 1/8/2019 at 10:33 AM, ubonjoe said:

The Windows date calculator says August 9th since you have to count the first day as day 1. I used 89 days when I did it.

My result too.

Entering May 12 gives admitted until July 10.

30 day extension add to Aug 9.

Your departing and arrival date depend on your departure city, the flight departure time and total flight time to arrival.  If y leaves on May 11 his arrival date at BKK could be May 13. If he flys from LAX, most flight departures after 1 PM will arrive in Bangkok +2 days. 

32 minutes ago, tweedledee2 said:

Your departing and arrival date depend on your departure city, the flight departure time and total flight time to arrival.  If y leaves on May 11 his arrival date at BKK could be May 13. If he flys from LAX, most flight departures after 1 PM will arrive in Bangkok +2 days. 

I tried to edited this post to correct errors and to add more content but to no avail. 

One thing to OP needs to take in consideration is not his planned departing date of May 11, but the date he wants to actually arrive in Thailand. If the OP departs from LAX, BKK is 10 time zones ahead of PST, which will result in most flights that depart LAX after 1 PM, will arrive at BKK +2 days in the early AM hours.  I book flights putting more emphasis on arrival times than departure. I would rather arrive at BBK between 9 AM-Noon than near midnite.

1 hour ago, tweedledee2 said:

One thing to OP needs to take in consideration is not his planned departing date of May 11, but the date he wants to actually arrive in Thailand.

As he wrote he assumes that he will arrive May 12 ("+1").

If different ("+2") he will be able to adjust the math.

Plenty of +1 and +2 flights available from east and west coast.

Edited by KhunBENQ

On ‎1‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 8:36 PM, stevenl said:

" Lets say I left USA on may 11 and arrive may 12 in thailand, what would the date of my departure in thailand be if i want all 90 days? "

Let's see, you want us to take the calendar out and do the counting for you? 12th and day of departure are included in the 90 days.

I agree, not to hard to figure out if you know how to count.

Get a calendar and you first need to find the date you will be arriving.

Find that date on your calendar and that will be day 1. Go to the next day which will be day 2 and keep going and when you get to 90, that will be the date you would need to depart Thailand.

Sure hope that helps make it clear.

LeoTex