can muslim foreigners marry twice with divorced thai woman

asu12

I am married in the UK. I married my Thai wife in a Buddhist ceremony, not a civil ceremony. Not officially official but satisfies my wife.

Also, if you are Moslem, couldn't you get your wife to convert to Islam and get married in a mosque over here?

I always thought you had to abide by the laws of the country you are in, so the answer would be NO. For example, you can smoke cannabis in Holland but just because you are Dutch you cannot smoke in UK. The age of consent for sex with a girl in Germany is 14, but you try to bring a Fraulein to London and bonk with her.....no, no , no.

2 minutes ago, Spidey said:

I am married in the UK. I married my Thai wife in a Buddhist ceremony, not a civil ceremony. Not officially official but satisfies my wife.

Also, if you are Moslem, couldn't you get your wife to convert to Islam and get married in a mosque over here?

So could you convert to Rastafarianism and go smoking big J's in Bangkok.

1 minute ago, wgdanson said:

So could you convert to Rastafarianism and go smoking big J's in Bangkok.

Hopefully that's just around the corner.

Thai law is moving in that direction. Would be a massive boost to tourism. Just think what it did for Amsterdam.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, wgdanson said:

I always thought you had to abide by the laws of the country you are in, so the answer would be NO. For example, you can smoke cannabis in Holland but just because you are Dutch you cannot smoke in UK. The age of consent for sex with a girl in Germany is 14, but you try to bring a Fraulein to London and bonk with her.....no, no , no.

Moslems are allowed multiple wives in many Moslem countries. Thailand has quite a large indigenous Moslem population. Are Thai Moslems allowed multiple wives? I'm not sure.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Moslems are allowed multiple wives in many Moslem countries. Thailand has quite a large indigenous Moslem population. Are Thai Moslems allowed multiple wives? I'm not sure.

According to Wikipedia, polygamy was abolished in Thailand in 1935. Before that a man could have an official wife, a minor wife and slave wives whom they bought. Although abolished, it is still widely practised and accepted even though the union is not recognised under the Law. Bit the same a drinking and driving !

• Thanks 1

You cannot legally marry her in Thailand.

Bigamy is not legal here.

And in order for a foreigner to marry someone they must get a legal document from their Embassy stating they are not currently married.

You cna, however, go through a "social" wedding ceremony here. You just cannot legally register the marriage. Up to her whether this is acceptable,

On 1/12/2019 at 7:35 AM, DashRye said:

If you love Thai woman so much, why don't you divorce your home moslem wife and marry Thai woman?
Why do you have to have two wives?
One of them is not enough stress for you, right?

Maybe because it's part of Muslim culture to have many wives or maybe he wants more "pleasure" every night.