PM Prayut mum on poll delay

webfact

11 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

Wrong again. The royal decree to set the election in motion was signed mid December. This decree include lifting of political activities and political campaigning. A time table was included including Jan 4 for the EC to announce the election date. That date came and gone because the EC is waiting for the junta to confirm the election and set a date. Royal decree simply gazette the election date and not set the date. 

From The Asian Review-

The junta will cease submitting any new laws on Dec. 28, effectively becoming a caretaker government. The royal decree to hold an election will be granted on Jan. 2. Two days after the decree, the Election Commission will officially announce the date of the election.

And from The Nation 12 hours ago-

The much-anticipated Royal Decree on the election, which will allow the Election Commission to fix the poll date, has yet to be issued and Prayut yesterday said he did not know when it would be published in the Royal Gazette.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Eligius said:

So the daily insult to the Thai nation's intelligence continues. The junta and its leader cannot even be straightforward about their own change of plans!

Why oh why do the Thais just go on taking all of this? It is bitterly disappointing (to put it mildly). The Thai people really do deserve to win the 'Most Submissive and Obsequious People of the World' award!

The indoctrination they receive starting from birth is very powerful. Takes years abroad to wake up. Once awake, they don't return. So you're left with a flock of brainwashed sheep.

1 hour ago, Justgrazing said:

To use the analogy .. My Mum used to wash our mouths out with soap and water if we told porkie pies as kids .. And for taking something that didn't belong to us a whack across the back of the head with no telly for days .. 

That guy is nowhere near 'squeaky clean', so needs his mouth washing dozens of times. I'm in the queue behind you.

I brought my own soap - it's carbolic, bound to bring tears to his eyes, and tears of joy to mine.

40 minutes ago, Siripon said:

From The Asian Review-

The junta will cease submitting any new laws on Dec. 28, effectively becoming a caretaker government. The royal decree to hold an election will be granted on Jan. 2. Two days after the decree, the Election Commission will officially announce the date of the election.

And from The Nation 12 hours ago-

The much-anticipated Royal Decree on the election, which will allow the Election Commission to fix the poll date, has yet to be issued and Prayut yesterday said he did not know when it would be published in the Royal Gazette.

No dispute regarding the Asian Review’s report. Say it as it is.

The Nation was also correct but here lays the problem. No one know the anything about the Royal Decree. If you read on, you will find that protestors were demanding that the junta come out clean in regards to the status of the decree. Has the junta submitted their election details for royal gazette? If the junta did that, the EC will then be able to carry out their duty and announce the election date. 

52 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

The indoctrination they receive starting from birth is very powerful. Takes years abroad to wake up. Once awake, they don't return. So you're left with a flock of brainwashed sheep.

I basically agree with you, DrTuner. But sadly I have seen quite a number of examples of Thais who were educated in the West (to Ph.D. level), who then returned to Thailand - and completely switched back into supporting the awful hierarchy and grovelling, etc., etc. But you are right: some Thais who study or work abroad are changed forever.

I hope to get the wife and babe here to the UK for a 6 month holiday in June - maybe they can just claim asylum if I can get them into a boat off the beach, asylum from a dictorial unlected coup government that has stolen the election yet again and wont let the people talk politics. Might work.

2 hours ago, DrTuner said:

And if you've ever tried washing a sheep let alone their brains that is one hell of an achievement  .. :smile:

13 hours ago, bluesofa said:

The only thing the international community understands is that the 'alleged' PM shows absolutely no responsibility about anything, while having the temperament of a spoiled child.

You actually have no idea what the international community understands, unless you carried out some very interesting research. Have you?

Your opinions on the subject, which many may well agree with, are your opinions. Unless you can show otherwise.

It's a bit like how Thai spokespeople like to speak for other nations or NGO's without actually checking their opinion first. Just assume your opinion is shared by everyone.

8 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

You actually have no idea what the international community understands, unless you carried out some very interesting research. Have you?

Your opinions on the subject, which many may well agree with, are your opinions. Unless you can show otherwise.

It's a bit like how Thai spokespeople like to speak for other nations or NGO's without actually checking their opinion first. Just assume your opinion is shared by everyone.

Funny - I always thought ‘farangs’ could never understand Thainess. 

42 minutes ago, chainarong said:

A poor reflection on the management of Government , Prayut has blundered on since the road map for peace and reconciliation started , if there's no peace or reconciliation, eventually the buck must stop with Prayut.

I struggle to say this, but for the first time I have some sympathy for him.

It looks as though a higher power has prevented him from holding the election he had finally planned to go ahead with.

17 hours ago, webfact said:

“All the countries I have visited, they understand. So, what do you want from me?”

Seriously, what is wanted from Prayut? Leadership maybe? Step down and run for election? Step down and go away? All the countries you have visited understand? Who was that, the waiter at the State dinner? The guy holding open the door? 

I'm confused, why delay elections for a royal coronation? Was the coronation date planned before the election date? Can the election date stand as is, and the coronation date be delayed? Is the coronation date specific to a holy date in the calendar and everything else is laid aside for later? There's a culture or information gap here that makes this development look suspicious...

4 hours ago, greeneking said:

It looks as though a higher power has prevented him from holding the election he had finally planned to go ahead with.

I have no sympathy with him or his filthy regime, but yes, I agree with your other point.

3 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

As iv'e said he just wants to be center stage, wanting to pump up he,s already over inflated ego,at the Coronation and the ASEAN summit, what a sad pathetic little Dictator he is.              :passifier:c1_1540166_180915072015_620x413.jpg.60cce11318b401999f2f912f55406357.jpg

And don't forget when chairing Asean, their stated language to communicate between member states is...English, not Thai.

That should get me a 'punch in the face'.

9 hours ago, baboon said:
13 hours ago, greeneking said:

I have no sympathy with him or his filthy regime, but yes, I agree with your other point. 

Which other point . . . the one about the higher power, i.e. one of his own powers, having 'prevented him from holding the election he had finally planned to go ahead with.'

It's not often I disagree with you, baboon, but it appears, on this occasion, that Prayuth has fooled you, too, regarding his 'planned' election. The only thing P1 has planned is his continued luxury holiday at the Government House resort.

Reminds me of the lady in Big-C who told me on Dec 29th one year that an article on order could be picked up in 6 days time.   On the 6h day I went to collect it but was told that it would be another 3 days as New Year had "happened".

This crowd are as competent as that lady and should be similarly rewarded - around 150,000 a year and a colourful clown outfit by way of a bonus. 

On 1/9/2019 at 6:44 AM, neeray said:

"Why oh why do the Thais just go on taking all of this?"

I am happy they are "taking all this". But I am optimistic that they are "taking it all in" and will react appropriately at poll time (whenever that will be).

"(whenever that will be)"

We've just passed the time of year when (some) people celebrate the sudden appearance of a star in the East many years ago! (Shhh! - Don't tell him!) 

23 hours ago, greeneking said:

Higher powers is what it's all about.

Still, some don't get it.

50 minutes ago, zzaa09 said:

Higher powers is what it's all about.

Still, some don't get it.

The higher powers are symbiotic: each scratches the back of the other; each ultimately supports the other (they need each other); each embodies the privileges of the 00.1% of the Thai population.

Archived