Father, brother of Saudi teen flying to Thailand

webfact

So the father and brother (who she is afraid of and trying to escape) are coming to give their side of the story.
I suppose if Yazidi girls tried to escape to Thailand ISIS would be invited here to give its side of the story.
She has an Aussie visa, be fair and let her go to a free country and escape this abusive bunch

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A subtle but strong message lies in the Reuters photograph of Miss Qunun shaking the hand  of B. J.

It is, of course Haram (forbidden) for a Moslem woman to touch an unrelated man, let alone an infidel.

That's a strong signal to her family and the Saudi authorities. 'I'm doing this my way'. 

Good luck to this plucky young lady, I hope it all ends well for her.

4 hours ago, kannot said:

notice Mother not coming?

in the Wahabbi tradition, women are treated like cattle ...they are "protected" by the legal owners (father, brothers, uncles) and eventually traded between families....the mother is simply a piece of the cattle

Saudis. Stop buying their oil and they'll be back to their camels in no time. Close the borders and donate 100M sharp knives via airdrops. Wait 10 years and see if the problem has solved itself. 

Good recipe for commie countries, too.

Friend of my wife's was considering taking a maid's job in Saudi,i research various cases of hideous abuse,murder,and cases of people being arrested and charged on the word of a saudi citizen,the Fillipina maid who was beheaded,i printed these out and we talked to the girl,she was horrified and thank God dropped the idea. It is a total disgrace of a country,why the west prop's it up so much i cannot understand,oh yeah ,money. I don't think Iran is great either,but they do treat women better there,why Trump in particular see it as such a bogeyman,is because Beni Netanyahu has told him that.

6 minutes ago, sqwakvfr said:

If an 18 year old has a valid passport and is simply connecting from BKK then why was she stopped by Thai Immigration?  Bangkopost as an interesting article and lays the blame on TI.  

Passports belong to the state which issued them, and can be revoked by them at the desire.

In order to enter Australia she would have required a valid visa ( on line application for most countries, I am not sure about Saudi ) This would have need to be checked by the airline transporting her to Australia ( or face fine ) on the final leg.

The real question is who in the Thai emigration allowed the Saudi diplomats to access the airport?

If The Saudi authorities had requested and told Thailand that the passport was revoked, they would have had no choice but to hold her passport, she is effectively without travel documents, thus the Thai  authorities only choice would have been to return her on the next flight to where she arrived.

This is not an easy case and she has done well to avoid repatriation. Well done social media and the press.

This will definitely cause problems now between Australia and Saudi relationships, so watch out for the fall out

Just now, Huayrat said:

She is an Adult not a child.. She should not be asked if she wants to speak to her father or Brother.. Give her Passport back to her and let her on her way.. You are illegally detaining her for No reason..

Define adult?

Voting age?

Drinking Age?

Drive a car?

Age of sexual consent?

It is up to each country to set their own laws, there is no "Global mandate" that says it is 18

How old to by alcohol in US?

How old to drive a car is US?

Sexual consent in Japan?

Sexual consent in UK?

It is a minefield, and up to each country, 18 years old is your own perception, what makes your view correct?

8 minutes ago, KNJ said:

Define adult?

Voting age?

Drinking Age?

Drive a car?

Age of sexual consent?

It is up to each country to set their own laws, there is no "Global mandate" that says it is 18

Sexual consent in Japan?

Sexual consent in UK?

It is a minefield, and up to each country, 18 years old is your own perception, what makes your view correct?

In Thailand the age of majority is 20. For Saudi it is set at puberty with the upper limit set to 15 (based on Sharia law).   

Indeed, I would monitor a meeting between her and her father, very closely.  He's already lost a lot of face back home and indirectly, all over the world from media coverage.  

She's also plastered all over the internet, head/hair/face uncovered, snug fitting jeans, t-shirt with arms exposed.   The hard-liners back home in the sandbox must be going mental over her defiance, and fear a string of copy-cats.

34 minutes ago, KNJ said:

Define adult?

Voting age?

Drinking Age?

Drive a car?

Age of sexual consent?

Sexual consent in Japan?

Sexual consent in UK?

In this case that would be Thailand

The Bangkok Post have just revealed that  Ms Qunun has been declared a legitimate refugee by the UN. The UN have also been in contact with the Australian Government to review her application 'humanitarian visa '.............

Here's me thinking MbS had changed all this feudal 'women-as-chattels' law. Given the fantastic write up he got in the press for allowing women to drive (if they were accompanied by a male relative....which wasn't actually highlighted by western newspapers and so was quite easy to miss). And apparently the media have not told us the whole story.....apart from being a murderer, MbS hasn't;t really turned Saudi into a beacon for human rights. In fact they still behead people, which for some reason Westerners find a bad thing. They also torture and extort money from princes....but they were tortured at the luxury Ritz Carlton so I guess in the minds of the western press keen to boost MbS's image as a reformer, that's ok. 

5 hours ago, overherebc said:

Nearly right except that her passport was taken from her in transit by someone who shouldn't really be allowed in there and then it was cancelled.

By her own admission, as reported by Reuters, she tried to enter Thailand, having planned to stay here for a few days before boarding a flight to Australia in order to put the KSA authorities / family off the scent.  She does seem to have changed her story a number of times in her tweets though:

"Qunun said she had obtained an Australian visa and booked a flight. She said she had planned to spend a few days in Thailand so she would not spark suspicion when she left Kuwait".

https://af.reuters.com/article/worldNews/idAFKCN1P1057

5 hours ago, Moonlover said:

A subtle but strong message lies in the Reuters photograph of Miss Qunun shaking the hand  of B. J.

It is, of course Haram (forbidden) for a Moslem woman to touch an unrelated man, let alone an infidel.

That's a strong signal to her family and the Saudi authorities. 'I'm doing this my way'. 

Good luck to this plucky young lady, I hope it all ends well for her.

no  problem................just chop it  off.........

Archived